Isles put up fight against Rangers

Isles put up fight against Rangers

There are 131 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 19, 2009, titled Isles put up fight against Rangers. In it, Newsday reports that:

On the scoreboard, it was another 3-1 loss to the Rangers last night at Madison Square Garden , but if nothing else, the Islanders left knowing they had put up a good fight in every sense of the word.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Joe Luvsdic

Harriman, NY

#123 Feb 23, 2009
Dino wrote:
wow Imagine being a 18 year old islander fan (doubt there are many being created these days)
not one playoff series win ever in their life. Not once that they could even say their team had a shot at greatness. OMG, how the hell could you live with that
lol!!!!
Nice job deflecting the Rags pitiful franchise!!! But you don't fool anyone.......well, maybe yourself, but that's about it!!!!

With all the money the Rags pour in they are the biggest failure in New York Hockey!!!!
Dino

Jackson Heights, NY

#124 Feb 23, 2009
Joe Luvsdic wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!!!!
Nice job deflecting the Rags pitiful franchise!!! But you don't fool anyone.......well, maybe yourself, but that's about it!!!!
With all the money the Rags pour in they are the biggest failure in New York Hockey!!!!
biggest failure in new york hockey? How old were you when the islanders last won a playoff series?

And dont try and pretend you are old enough to have witnessed a cup
Battfist

United States

#125 Feb 24, 2009
Dino wrote:
<quoted text>
biggest failure in new york hockey? How old were you when the islanders last won a playoff series?
And dont try and pretend you are old enough to have witnessed a cup
You dnt have to win the Cup to have a successful season.

Dino=Dung
Dino

Jackson Heights, NY

#126 Feb 24, 2009
Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
You dnt have to win the Cup to have a successful season.
Dino=Dung
ha... then what is your definition of success.

I agree wholeheartedly. The rangers have had successful seasons although they failed to reach the ultimate success. But what success have the islanders had since 1992? 1992 was a successful season for them, but the last 17 years have been attrocious
Dino

Jackson Heights, NY

#127 Feb 24, 2009
im pretty sure you need to win at least one playoff series to consider a season successful. Or is being swept and blown out in the first round success to you guys?

Sadly it would be now based on the state of your team
Battfist

United States

#128 Feb 25, 2009
Dino wrote:
<quoted text>
ha... then what is your definition of success.
I agree wholeheartedly. The rangers have had successful seasons although they failed to reach the ultimate success. But what success have the islanders had since 1992? 1992 was a successful season for them, but the last 17 years have been attrocious
Mr Dino-I cant argue the fact that it has been rough as an Isles fan the last 15 years or so. But there were seasons where this team was good...maybe not great but solid. There was no stability. The uniform change was the worst! But if Snow sticks to his guns...is able to draft well....doesnt trade players every two months...and keeps Gordon around for a while...thats if Gordon can coach... then I believe the Islanders are on the road to success. But we'll see....

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#129 Feb 25, 2009
Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Dino-I cant argue the fact that it has been rough as an Isles fan the last 15 years or so. But there were seasons where this team was good...maybe not great but solid. There was no stability. The uniform change was the worst! But if Snow sticks to his guns...is able to draft well....doesnt trade players every two months...and keeps Gordon around for a while...thats if Gordon can coach... then I believe the Islanders are on the road to success. But we'll see....
wow... the uniform change was the worst!????? funniest isles post EVER! it's all good now, they have nice uniforms to wear, lol!!!

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#130 Feb 25, 2009
Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Dino-I cant argue the fact that it has been rough as an Isles fan the last 15 years or so. But there were seasons where this team was good...maybe not great but solid. There was no stability. The uniform change was the worst! But if Snow sticks to his guns...is able to draft well....doesnt trade players every two months...and keeps Gordon around for a while...thats if Gordon can coach... then I believe the Islanders are on the road to success. But we'll see....
if the queen had balls.....ahhh you know the rest
Dino

Jackson Heights, NY

#131 Feb 25, 2009
Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Dino-I cant argue the fact that it has been rough as an Isles fan the last 15 years or so. But there were seasons where this team was good...maybe not great but solid. There was no stability. The uniform change was the worst! But if Snow sticks to his guns...is able to draft well....doesnt trade players every two months...and keeps Gordon around for a while...thats if Gordon can coach... then I believe the Islanders are on the road to success. But we'll see....
I think Gordon is a good coach for the temporary rebuild, but not for winning. It makes little sense so let me explain.

Gordons system promotes scoring but not winning. The islanders can thus market their young players through the statistics, get some fans back, maybe somehow get a free agent to come in thinking they can up their stats. If the team gets good enough, then you drop him and bring in a real coach
Battfist

United States

#132 Feb 25, 2009
Dino wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Gordon is a good coach for the temporary rebuild, but not for winning. It makes little sense so let me explain.
Gordons system promotes scoring but not winning. The islanders can thus market their young players through the statistics, get some fans back, maybe somehow get a free agent to come in thinking they can up their stats. If the team gets good enough, then you drop him and bring in a real coach
Interesting thought.

And yes-the uniform change ranks very high on the list of worst moves ever by this franchise.
Joe Luvsdic

Harriman, NY

#133 Feb 28, 2009
Dino wrote:
im pretty sure you need to win at least one playoff series to consider a season successful. Or is being swept and blown out in the first round success to you guys?
Sadly it would be now based on the state of your team
Much like the state of your pathetic overpriced team.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web