There's no ignoring Avery's impact -

Full story: Newsday

Warm-ups just aren't as much fun as they used to be. Back in the old days, 10 days ago, it was always worth watching to see what mayhem Sean Avery could cause a half hour before the opening faceoff.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2007
Isles OWN NY

Herriman, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

Awwww, poor Herrmann...His Raggies beaten again by the Islanders...Yet he still found a way to write an article about Avery and his manlove for him...

It's hilarious how Herrmann, the Rag homer, continues to try and take shots at the Isles...

The Rags history is a history of failure...80+ years of absolute failure...1 cup in 67 years...More seasons missing the playoffs than any other team in NHL history...

Herrmann continues to act 'holier than thou' about the Rags and it continues to provide plenty of laughs...

Herrmann and the rest of the Rag homers talk like Yankee fans, but with the history of the Chicago Cubs...It's hilarious, actually!
Jaromir

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

What are you even talking about?
Jack

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

Islandersssss playoffs, yet again after the "experts" said they'd be a bottom feeder
ucantbeatus

Mahwah, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

Isles dominate the Rags yet again. Period.
GoIsles391325

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

sean avery is a punk. the NHL is fully aware of his antics now. he drags down the integrity of the sport of hockey and the NHL. the Rags will be looking to trade him come February. sorry Rag fans, you put your faith in the wrong guy as your teams heart and soul.
Larry Brooks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

just some inside info for the Rag fans;
-Jagr absolutely HATES Avery, as does Scott Gomez.
-Sean Avery has the same feelings for Gomez.
-Shanahan has the biggest problem with Avery.
Avery will turn out to be a cancer that destroys the Rangers from the inside out. Psycho Sather will have to hire bodyguards 24/7.
blueshirt destroyer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Mark you also forgot to mention the racist that he is, the domestic confrontations, and not to mention he also likes to verbally abuse people with illness'....sound like a real role model in the league...he was a j-ff in Detroit, LA, and now here on Broadway...but why not keep his no talent roll around its fun to see him take open ice hits and fights he cant even keep up with!
Busey

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Larry Brooks wrote:
Avery will turn out to be a cancer that destroys the Rangers from the inside out. Psycho Sather will have to hire bodyguards 24/7.
FYI

Rags are something like 26-8 since they got him.... I'll take that type of cancer every time
Ed in Fla

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Herrmann just can not write a positive column about the Isles. He has to stroke Avery. Do Ranger fans actually like the way Avery plays??? The guy is an idiot, if he would stick to playing hockey and not being a jerk he could be a great player. I feel he hurts his team more than helps with all his antics. I would like to know how Ranger fans feel?
Busey

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Ed in Fla wrote:
Herrmann just can not write a positive column about the Isles. He has to stroke Avery. Do Ranger fans actually like the way Avery plays??? The guy is an idiot, if he would stick to playing hockey and not being a jerk he could be a great player. I feel he hurts his team more than helps with all his antics. I would like to know how Ranger fans feel?
I love the guy, he pisses people off and draws SO many penalties. He got so in Sundin's head last time they played. Our record with and without him is drastically different. That speaks for itself, all I care about is wins.
Gilles Gratton

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Busey wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI
Rags are something like 26-8 since they got him.... I'll take that type of cancer every time
One Cup in 68 years that's really the cancer, which inthe rangers case is terminal.
FLORIDA

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

HERMANN= RANGER CLOWN.

JUST ADMIT IT MARK YOU WERE BEAT BY THE BETTER TEAM.
Isles4ever

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

He's a minor player. Face it Rags fans, talk doesn't win games. Being an a...hole doesn't either. At some point you gotta put the biscuit in the net. If the net were the size of Averys mouth maybe they'd have a chance. The only guy worth a sh!t on that team is Shanny. 38 years old, 633 goals, Hall of famer, and he still goes down to block shots! There isn't another guy in the leaugue, with his career stats that would get snow on their sweater like that. He's no bu..sh.t, no talk, all action. Avery doesn't even belong in the same building with him.
Busey

Melville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Isles4ever wrote:
He's a minor player. Face it Rags fans, talk doesn't win games. Being an a...hole doesn't either. At some point you gotta put the biscuit in the net. If the net were the size of Averys mouth maybe they'd have a chance. The only guy worth a sh!t on that team is Shanny. 38 years old, 633 goals, Hall of famer, and he still goes down to block shots! There isn't another guy in the leaugue, with his career stats that would get snow on their sweater like that. He's no bu..sh.t, no talk, all action. Avery doesn't even belong in the same building with him.
sorry. Look at the record. You are wrong.

Have a great day.
jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

shanahan is the reason avery is a ranger. they are friends idiot...
Larry Brooks wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Radek Martinek Discussions

Search the Radek Martinek Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••