Islanders playing it safe with DiPietro

Full story: Newsday 7
Islanders coach Ted Nolan said goaltender Rick DiPietro is like a caged animal when he's forced to watch a game from anywhere but the crease. Full Story
wow

Mamaroneck, NY

#1 Dec 31, 2007
keep dipi on the bench till 100% healthy. also wade "duppe" we need you to come threw tonight. lets go islanders!
scot

Poughkeepsie, NY

#2 Dec 31, 2007
I like Dubie as much as the next guy. But if Ricky is at 95-98% is there really anyone who believes that Wade at 100% is a better option than Ricky?
wow

Mamaroneck, NY

#3 Dec 31, 2007
i dont ever think dubie is better than ricky but he is a good backup. however, we dont need to risk a 14yr contract (thats left) over 1 week of play or 1 game of play.
Rob

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Dec 31, 2007
I think DP is played too much with or without the injury. I think Dubie is MUCH better as he gets mor playing time and DP could use a little more rest over the long term. Both of these guys could be better if Dubie played somewhat more regularly.
Davey Boy

Bronx, NY

#5 Jan 1, 2008
Rob wrote:
I think DP is played too much with or without the injury. I think Dubie is MUCH better as he gets mor playing time and DP could use a little more rest over the long term. Both of these guys could be better if Dubie played somewhat more regularly.
So true. Dubie is the best goaltender in the history of the National Hockey League. So why not rest DP the entire season!
DP TP

Bronx, NY

#6 Jan 1, 2008
wow wrote:
i dont ever think dubie is better than ricky but he is a good backup. however, we dont need to risk a 14yr contract (thats left) over 1 week of play or 1 game of play.
Yeah, that dumb contract runs until DP is 89 years old. But Dubie is better than DP, in fact Dubie is the finest goaltender ever! Open your eyes, man!
Queen Elizabeth

Bronx, NY

#7 Jan 1, 2008
wow wrote:
keep dipi on the bench till 100% healthy. also wade "duppe" we need you to come threw tonight. lets go islanders!
Dubie will not let us down. He is automatic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web