Islanders struggling to keep defensemen healthy

Full story: Newsday

Defense was supposed to be the Islanders' strength this season, but injuries and the resulting lineup shuffle have left them fragile at the blue line in more ways than one.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
champ4

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

what a great defensemen,when hes healthy,and you can count on him,martinek is accident prone.......... l mean colliding with your own teamate..!!! lets go islanders.....
Battfist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

Sounds like he'll be dealing with this all year...

Go Isles!
Len

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

Martinek is pretty solid, as you said, when healthy. The Isles should get a veteran Dman to replace him.
gutty

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

isles should see if Schneider is available. Another Veteran D with PP ability. Imagine Streit and Schneider at the point with Weight, Guerin and Bailey - good movement, great shots, big body in front......and we can probably scoop him up for Tamby and a roll of tape.
Drewseph

Wantagh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

Martinkek is a very under rated D man as far as the leauge is concerned, but he is always hurt since he has been here. Glass body Radek is stricken again. I am proud of what the team has done so far this year at least they are competitve on most games,much more than I was expecting.
champ4

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

like i was saying martinkek is accident prone.i mean like i said collied with your own teamate lol...as long as he has been a islander can ya count how many games he played? right you cant,missed toooo many so what to do with him um?like i say when hes healthy hes good...but cant seem to stay that way lol.ya know i read all the comments we make some of dont belong even writing on this cause they get away from the point..some is even vulgar who cares about that idont...its funny sad but true we are all fans weve been for a long time.and we vent but we will always have that special site.i dont live on the island anymore i have the nhl pkg.and i always have the time or find it to watch and yell and get excited when that old barn yells its funny.we cant give up one day this will turn around but again we cant stop being ny.... islanders fans... and no matter were we are in this world we will always be ny islanders fans i know i will.... lets go islanders......its not the teams falt we have a some how slip away org......sadned but true....
bossman

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

They cannot compete for a full game, which only gets worse as the season wears on. At this point I would rather they just drop some dead weight bring up some young guys, if they lose they lose. Maybe we can get a good scorer in the draft.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Radek Martinek Discussions

Search the Radek Martinek Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••