Islanders veteran added to Blue Jacke...

Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue line | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 6 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 7, 2011, titled Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue line | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The final piece of the Blue Jackets defense was put in place yesterday when veteran Radek Martinek signed a one-year, $2.2 million contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

harvey

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 7, 2011
I dunno - it's good that he's tough and a hard-hitter, but that's a lot of injury time he's put in the last couple of years.

Let's hope he avoids the 'bad luck' with the Jackets.
toughness gained

Vincent, OH

#2 Jul 7, 2011
a proven tough defender, with a long history of serious injury. serious questions must be asked how many games this guy can and will play in a Jackets sweater. but he is NOT a quitter or a crybaby like Rick Nash
Section 101

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 7, 2011
We can all admit that our D wasn't what it should have been last year. Howson has made a bold move to secure Wisnewski and then a gamble (2.2 mil) on an injury risk player. The diffence this year on paper is that we have 5 NHL "ready" guys to fill the final two spots, so that would leave 3 in the minors. My guess is that's Holden, Savard and Johnson, with Russell and Moore making the roster.

Everything looks to be coming together. Nasher isn't a crybaby, it's just that this is one of the first years that he's had a locker room of teamates.
Go Jackets

Herndon, VA

#4 Jul 7, 2011
I am really looking forward to his season. I'm glad I still have my seats though I might be sorry I didn't go on open days and see what was open. It would be nice to be the loud home team every game his season instead of being the visiting team in your home arena like the last few years. Thanks Jackets I'm ready!!! Let's Go JACKETS!!!!!!!!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 7, 2011
Go Jackets wrote:
I am really looking forward to his season. I'm glad I still have my seats though I might be sorry I didn't go on open days and see what was open. It would be nice to be the loud home team every game his season instead of being the visiting team in your home arena like the last few years. Thanks Jackets I'm ready!!! Let's Go JACKETS!!!!!!!!
I'll second that. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've made of this team by the start of the season. I believe they'll be much better....and they will have to be, to bring in fans and keep the team in town.

Go Jackets!
JakeCBJ

United States

#6 Jul 8, 2011
man! we should threaten to fire howson every year! its my opinion the we've had the best off season of anyone so far and im really looking forward to kickin some butt this season. CARRY THE FLAG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Len 43
More from around the web