Islanders sign veteran center Vasicek -

Islanders sign veteran center Vasicek -

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 16, 2007, titled Islanders sign veteran center Vasicek -. In it, Newsday reports that:

For the last seven summers, Josef Vasicek and Radek Martinek have stayed in shape skating in Havlickuv Brod, their hometown in the Czech Republic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Isles79

AOL

#1 Aug 16, 2007
Six goals and sixteen assists?! WOW....Talk about the offensive powerhouse we needed! How could the other teams in the leauge let that type of offensive production just pass them by? Man are we lucky! And we changed the jersey's again...It's 1995 all over again. Our 2007-08 highlight viedo is already on sale because it is just a blank tape.$19.95 plus shipping and handling...order now!
Chris

Paterson, NJ

#2 Aug 17, 2007
Allison could be next
Billy from West Nyack

Port Washington, NY

#3 Aug 17, 2007
so if someone speared snow in his career he just signs him?? i wish briere had done that to him, we might have one guy score over 15 goals next year....
sauceinatti

West New York, NJ

#4 Aug 20, 2007
Is Vasicek just another Oleg Kvasha? Just look at the stats, seems to me he is! O.K., maybe he will score 20 goals, but more likely he will end up with stats like this, 13G 21A 68G. Not bad for 750k, but not what the Islanders need at center. Why not sign Jason Allison for a one year contract, say 1.2 million plus incentives? We are below the salary cap and any extra help at center will help (Mr. Snow). Don't forget to sign Asham, great heart, physical, can attribute on offense. These two moves will give the Islanders the cup. Believe me!

“im fired up ... what bout u? ”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#5 Aug 20, 2007
looks to be a good sign
Fan since 1972

Bronx, NY

#6 Aug 21, 2007
A waste of a signing considering Jeff O'Neill is still out there. Vasicek will be good for Bridgeport.
Fan since 1972

Bronx, NY

#8 Aug 21, 2007
BOB BAWN CH wrote:
<quoted text>Jeff O'Neill is a real waste of money... He doesnt seem to be interested in playing hockey most nights...
Nolan would make sure he plays hard every night. He could put up 25 goals for the Isles. The Islanders need help at center and he's the best viable option out there.
Jay

United States

#10 Aug 25, 2007
Six goals and sixteen assists at $750K! Money well wasted if you ask me.

I laughed my ass off reading your comment. I'll gunna order 4 of those tapes, lol
Isles79 wrote:
Six goals and sixteen assists?! WOW....Talk about the offensive powerhouse we needed! How could the other teams in the leauge let that type of offensive production just pass them by? Man are we lucky! And we changed the jersey's again...It's 1995 all over again. Our 2007-08 highlight viedo is already on sale because it is just a blank tape.$19.95 plus shipping and handling...order now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12