Islanders, Rangers brawl at Nassau Co...

Islanders, Rangers brawl at Nassau Coliseum -

There are 172 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 25, 2007, titled Islanders, Rangers brawl at Nassau Coliseum -. In it, Newsday reports that:

It would have been better if the first Islanders-Rangers melee of the new season had been set in old Commack Arena because it evoked images of a typical fight night for John Brophy and the Long Island Ducks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Busey

Melville, NY

#169 Sep 28, 2007
94 was a fluke wrote:
<quoted text> Its funny how you keep calling the isles such a shitty team and organization wen we shut u out last year, scored 7 goals against ur soo called vezina worthy swedish vagina, and wen a team is ranked 30th at the beginning of the season and makes the playoffs, and the isles finished 2 points behind the almighty babys you whack off to every night. and if the simon thing didnt happen we prob would have won that game and guess who would have played atlanta? and than might have ahd a better shot agaisnt buffalo if we had our starting goalie all 7 games
umm... how about because its 2007... not 2006.. the Isles were decent last year... this year, you will suck.. sorry pal.. good try though
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#170 Sep 28, 2007
94 was a fluke wrote:
<quoted text> Its funny how you keep calling the isles such a shitty team and organization wen we shut u out last year, scored 7 goals against ur soo called vezina worthy swedish vagina, and wen a team is ranked 30th at the beginning of the season and makes the playoffs, and the isles finished 2 points behind the almighty babys you whack off to every night. and if the simon thing didnt happen we prob would have won that game and guess who would have played atlanta? and than might have ahd a better shot agaisnt buffalo if we had our starting goalie all 7 games
Dont forget that the Isles only made the playoffs last year because the Devils started their back up on the last day of the season. Seems more like your 2006 playoffs were a fluke.
94 was a fluke

Bronx, NY

#171 Sep 28, 2007
Effigy of the Forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont forget that the Isles only made the playoffs last year because the Devils started their back up on the last day of the season. Seems more like your 2006 playoffs were a fluke.
We started our backup thanks to the dirtbag non-skilled hockey player named sean avery and our backup goalie beat the rangers and devils and im pretty sure lunqshit played and got beaten in a shootout, and dont underestimate the isles as everyone did last year, theres not chance in hell were gonna win the cup but were gonna win games i dnt give a $hit what u fags think.
mearsys watcher

United States

#172 Sep 30, 2007
good article
mearsys watcher

United States

#173 Sep 30, 2007
diepetro whooped as@
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#174 Oct 2, 2007
94 was a fluke wrote:
<quoted text>We started our backup thanks to the dirtbag non-skilled hockey player named sean avery and our backup goalie beat the rangers and devils and im pretty sure lunqshit played and got beaten in a shootout, and dont underestimate the isles as everyone did last year, theres not chance in hell were gonna win the cup but were gonna win games i dnt give a $hit what u fags think.
that is one long run on sentence !

are you blaming Avery for the concussion that DP had ?!??!?? God forbid you blame DP himself, OR EVEN THE ISLANDER DOCTORS WHO ALLOWED HIM TO PLAY AND COVERED UP THAT HE HAD A CONCUSSION.
Shhot The Puck Barry

Medford, NY

#175 Oct 2, 2007
<quoted text>
....and the only reason the Rangers won the cup in 94 was because they bought it.....

Touche dooshay!!!!
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#176 Oct 2, 2007
Shhot The Puck Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
....and the only reason the Rangers won the cup in 94 was because they bought it.....
Touche dooshay!!!!
Name 1 free agent they signed in the summer of 93. Can you ? I dont think you can. The idea that the Rangers bought the cup has been brought up and shot down before. Get back to me when you have ANY facts to back up what you are saying.
Shoot The Puck Barry

Medford, NY

#177 Oct 2, 2007
<quoted text>
Name 1 free agent they signed in the summer of 93. Can you ? I dont think you can. The idea that the Rangers bought the cup has been brought up and shot down before. Get back to me when you have ANY facts to back up what you are saying.
Ignats.....
Just look at the Ranger roster that one the 94 cup. Then ask yourself how many of these players were brought up through their farm system and how many came from elsewhere. Then, go to the Islander cup years and do the same thing with their rosters.....

Cha'Ching?
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#178 Oct 3, 2007
Shoot The Puck Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignats.....
Just look at the Ranger roster that one the 94 cup. Then ask yourself how many of these players were brought up through their farm system and how many came from elsewhere. Then, go to the Islander cup years and do the same thing with their rosters.....
Cha'Ching?
EVERY team brings in players via trade and free agency, EVERY TEAM! By your standards the Isles bought a cup also, cause they traded for Butch Goring, who ended up being the playoff MVP.

How exactly does trading players equate to "buying" anything ?
Shoot The Puck Barry

Medford, NY

#179 Oct 3, 2007
<quoted text>
EVERY team brings in players via trade and free agency, EVERY TEAM! By your standards the Isles bought a cup also, cause they traded for Butch Goring, who ended up being the playoff MVP.
How exactly does trading players equate to "buying" anything ?
Ignats....
Butch Goring is ONE player. How many of the other Islanders (during the cup years) were brought up through the farm system. Now, AGAIN, do the same math on the 94 Ranger roster, how many came up from their farm system? Come on, you seem to know the roster rather well, you can do it!!!
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#180 Oct 5, 2007
Shoot The Puck Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignats....
Butch Goring is ONE player. How many of the other Islanders (during the cup years) were brought up through the farm system. Now, AGAIN, do the same math on the 94 Ranger roster, how many came up from their farm system? Come on, you seem to know the roster rather well, you can do it!!!
Im fully aware of the roster the Rangers had when they won the cup in 94, and I cant name 1 player they brought in as a free agent that year. This idea that the cup was bought has no merit. None. The Rangers did not lead the league in payroll that year. Messier made $250,000 (or something similar) more than Turgeon. So, because not every player on the team wasnt brought up through their farm system, that means the cup is bought ? That means that every team has bought it.

I understand your point, but you just are refusing to acknowledge anything I've brought up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web