Danis, Islanders extend winning strea...

Danis, Islanders extend winning streak to four

There are 59 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Danis, Islanders extend winning streak to four. In it, Newsday reports that:

With one game left before the All-Star break, the Islanders were buried about as deep as could be in the NHL basement, a full 10 points behind the next-worst team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Big daryle

United States

#41 Feb 4, 2009
I meant is it still usable?
Dr Phil

AOL

#42 Feb 4, 2009
You can never tell about draft choices. A first round pick may be a bust, while a player picked in the 6th or 7th round can develop into a star, or at least a very good player. I would like to know whatever happened to some of the kids we drafted in the 05, 06, and 07 drafts. Shouldn't some of these draft choices be ready for a look-see by the big club? I'm not talking about the parade of non-talent we keep bringing up from Bridgeport for a game or two. Also, our 08 draft was rated very high by the experts and like Bailey, lets take a look and some of these kids like Ness, Trivino, and Toews. I know that Petrov is stuck in Russia for another year unless something can be worked out. He's suppose to be the real thing.
Rangers Suck

Brooklyn, NY

#43 Feb 4, 2009
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoying your snow day kid? Graves ceremony was OK. Not the first time I've seen my team lose and won't be the last. You see adults don't live and die on every game. Don't forget to finish your homework....
gonna have to come with something better then that pops. Move over, your time is up, time for the new generation to take over! I'd be upset if I was aging horribly and on the downswing too. Must suck to be a never-was, huh? How bout those Thrashers?

And BTW, in the postgame yesterday Sam Rosen referred to Adam Graves as "the great one"......after I recovered from my stroke, I laughed hysterically! Bunch of morons you have over there

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#44 Feb 4, 2009
Rangers Suck wrote:
<quoted text>
gonna have to come with something better then that pops. Move over, your time is up, time for the new generation to take over! I'd be upset if I was aging horribly and on the downswing too. Must suck to be a never-was, huh? How bout those Thrashers?
And BTW, in the postgame yesterday Sam Rosen referred to Adam Graves as "the great one"......after I recovered from my stroke, I laughed hysterically! Bunch of morons you have over there
Again you show how little you have in the way of any imagination with the same old "try again, you have to do better." As long as the education system keeps producing dolts like you, I won't be going anywhere for some time.

Rosen, as most announcers who have been with a team for many years, get over exuberant when talking about the team they cover. You're too young to remember but Jiggs McDonald in his prime was as big a homer as Rosen is now, it's human nature. Now run along now and build your snowman...
Len

New York, NY

#45 Feb 4, 2009
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you show how little you have in the way of any imagination with the same old "try again, you have to do better." As long as the education system keeps producing dolts like you, I won't be going anywhere for some time.
Rosen, as most announcers who have been with a team for many years, get over exuberant when talking about the team they cover. You're too young to remember but Jiggs McDonald in his prime was as big a homer as Rosen is now, it's human nature. Now run along now and build your snowman...
The sad part is that I hate Howie Rose so much that when the locals play each other, I watch the Devs or Ranger Broadcasts. They dumped side mouth Kaufman(or whatever her married name is) why can't they dump Rose?
Battfist

United States

#46 Feb 4, 2009
KO-keep it up buddy-a star in the making.

Trent Hunter-i take back trading...maybe you do fit into the system

Comrie-Im starting to warm up to his play...maybe because he can do a good interview.

Campoli-I think he has shown much improvement...

Gervais-Im not sold on him...he gets out muscled...

Park-Im not a fan as others are-time to go!!!

Weight-keep another year.

Is Streit ok?

“I own a mansion & a yacht”

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#47 Feb 4, 2009
Rosen? total Homer, suks.

Kaufman? Decent melons but clueless about hockey and had that face problem.

Howie? The best.

Micheletti? total sell out, born-again Homer.

Jiggs? Good but no Ed Westfall!

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#48 Feb 4, 2009
Len wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad part is that I hate Howie Rose so much that when the locals play each other, I watch the Devs or Ranger Broadcasts. They dumped side mouth Kaufman(or whatever her married name is) why can't they dump Rose?
to tell you the truth, I never liked Rose when he did the Rangers games either. That "Matteau, Matteau" call was lame IMO, he got much notoriety out of it, I thought it was amateurish....

I see that Deb girl now and again between periods during some games, that's about it...
kallur

Andes, NY

#49 Feb 4, 2009
Dr Phil wrote:
You can never tell about draft choices. A first round pick may be a bust, while a player picked in the 6th or 7th round can develop into a star, or at least a very good player. I would like to know whatever happened to some of the kids we drafted in the 05, 06, and 07 drafts. Shouldn't some of these draft choices be ready for a look-see by the big club? I'm not talking about the parade of non-talent we keep bringing up from Bridgeport for a game or two. Also, our 08 draft was rated very high by the experts and like Bailey, lets take a look and some of these kids like Ness, Trivino, and Toews. I know that Petrov is stuck in Russia for another year unless something can be worked out. He's suppose to be the real thing.
A first-round draft pick, at least one in the top ten, should never be a bust. Maybe not a first-liner, or even a second-. But every top ten pick should be an NHL calibre player, no exceptions.
kallur

Andes, NY

#50 Feb 4, 2009
Jugdish wrote:
Howie? The best.
Sam's great, Howie and Mich okay, could be better, seem to be holding back, and the fact Rose cites Orr as the best ever a definite credit to his hockey knowledge; Jiggs pretty good. Best combo by far is Emerick and Chico. Emerick not only is able to describe play precisely but is able to mention tidbits like a player's draft position in the middle of the action, always good info, and Chico complements him beautifully.(I went to the Isles' first Stanley Cup party, at Torrey's house, had no idea the Cup would be there, opened the front door, saw it glistening on the dining room table and nearly collapsed. Chico was outside, it almost seemed as if he was checking cars. A bunch of us dragged him in.)

Dr A Degall

Albany, NY

#51 Feb 4, 2009
Jugdish wrote:
Howie? The best.
Micheletti's a sellout but Howie is the best ?
Horseface Howie is a born and bred Rangers fan. Took the fishstick money and ran. Now is relegated to the living hell that is calling isles games. He epitomizes the term "sellout".
Battfist

United States

#52 Feb 4, 2009
Dr A Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseface Howie is a born and bred Rangers fan. Took the fishstick money and ran. Now is relegated to the living hell that is calling isles games. He epitomizes the term "sellout".
As an Isles fan...
I hate...HATE...listening to Horseface!!! Great nickname by the way...Im stealing it!!!
Len

New York, NY

#53 Feb 4, 2009
Dr A Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
...and he likes to talk about anything but the game, ridiculous !!
NOKC

Cobleskill, NY

#54 Feb 4, 2009
I think the isles are making a playoff run what do you think?
isles08025

Croydon, PA

#55 Feb 4, 2009
Bill Jaffee is great, loved the $386 banana story!
Matty

New Castle, PA

#56 Feb 4, 2009
The Islanders may have won last night, but it doesn't change the fact that the place was so empty that they allowed anyone up in the 300's to move down and sit wherever they wanted to sit- Pathetic- This is how empty the place was to see two of the top players in the league in Lecavalier and St.Louis- Teams on a little roll...and the fans respond by not showing up-
Kansas City is looking more and more like a reality-
Sinister Fish

Bronx, NY

#57 Feb 4, 2009
NOKC wrote:
About them making a playoff run or your mental state?
Jay

Honolulu, HI

#58 Feb 4, 2009
NOKC wrote:
Yeah, in the 2010-2011 season!
Battfist

Howell, NJ

#59 Feb 4, 2009
Matty wrote:
The Islanders may have won last night, but it doesn't change the fact that the place was so empty that they allowed anyone up in the 300's to move down and sit wherever they wanted to sit- Pathetic- This is how empty the place was to see two of the top players in the league in Lecavalier and St.Louis- Teams on a little roll...and the fans respond by not showing up-
Kansas City is looking more and more like a reality-
Hey pork chop- did you notice that it snowed yesterday? The roads were pretty bad out there....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web