Danis, Islanders extend winning streak to four

Full story: Newsday

With one game left before the All-Star break, the Islanders were buried about as deep as could be in the NHL basement, a full 10 points behind the next-worst team.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OnlyAsGoodAsYour LastCup

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

good for Denis.
Get rid of that a hole DP, waste.
This kid looks like the real deal with time. Forget Mac also.
OnlyAsGoodAsYour LastCup

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Danis

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

What the he-l-l are they doing? We can't even play to get the 1st pick of this year's draft right!?!?!? Come on...stop freaking winning!!
Battfist

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

What night...get Isles team victory and the Rangers come through too-Thanks.

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Don't get me wrong..I want to cheer but I don't know if I should because of the draft pick. I'm so confused...
Len

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Let's not throw Mac under the bus just yet. He's still a very capable backup. He kept them in games where the rest of the team seemed to disappear.
Potvin Rules

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

The guy in the banana costume can't fit in a seat.I guess he had to stay upstairs.
healy 35

Randolph, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

the season is over just get the number one pick
Stewie

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Everything that the Isles do is wrong. They can't even lose enough to get the 1st round pick. They'll just lose enough to not make the playoffs but not get the first round pick.
Len

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

Lets Go Isles wrote:
Don't get me wrong..I want to cheer but I don't know if I should because of the draft pick. I'm so confused...
First of all....great pic.

Second, The Isles will be lucky to play .500 hockey the rest of the way. There's still plenty of growing pains yet to come so relax. It is good, though, that the kids we got now experience some winning. It shows that they are progressing and that's what we want. They've gotta have some confidence or next year will just be another waste.
Remember, finishing last overall does NOT guarantee the 1st pick.
Razor Shines

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

don't blow the 1st round pick with a useless winning streak Taveras
Victor Hedman

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Tavares is over-rated. Isles already own Justin Dibenedetto who has 3 points fewer than Tavares in the OHL. Go for the stud defenseman who can skate...
ThenewislesGM

Nutley, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

We need Tavares. Forget another defenseman. We need a player that can carry the team on his shoulders night after night.
Islanders Top Monkey

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

I rike to ratch hockey! Velly good! Make goalie GM. Run sheety company, steal from stockholdah, try to build bad projects, sreep in bed with Suozzi, pisss off rocal yokels. Must create worse area near where live, and make big profit from it.'Scuse please, must go visit Kumar in prison, bring vaseline! Domo arigato!
Jordan

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

this is bad... we seriously need to start losing again so we can make sure we get Tavares. this team isn't going to the playoffs... And I'm sick of the "if you're a real fan you always want them to win" nonsense. If you're a real fan, you want what's best for the team and in this case it's drafting Tavares as the centerpiece. Think about our last draft... Adding Tavares and a high ranked potential first rounder in the 2nd round and in a couple years (potentially when the lighthouse project is finished, if it ever even gets started...), this team will be a force to be reckoned with and glory days can return.
Sickboy

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Nice to see the Isles not melt down in the 3rd. Let's keep that streak going.
gary

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

maybe the Islanders can talk Frank Tavares out of retirement!! The Mets wouldn't mind.
Rangers Suck

Pequannock, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Victor Hedman wrote:
Tavares is over-rated. Isles already own Justin Dibenedetto who has 3 points fewer than Tavares in the OHL. Go for the stud defenseman who can skate...
I'm with ya man......either one of those guys are studs. Stamkos isn't doing much to brag about this year. I say let the kids get some confidence and experience, the chips will fall where they may.
VA Isles

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Gang, we're missing a fundamental point here. We're assuming that Tavares is the next freaking Gretzky. And who knows, maybe he is, maybe he isnt. Same with Hedman.

If you think back in the not so distant past, it just takes SMART drafting, not #1 and #2 picks to build a solid foundation. Look at some of the picks we had back int he day who were late rounders or FA's. If we can just get someone in the front office who has Bill Torrey-esque type of vision when it comes to talent, things will be fine.

This whole lets get the #1 pick is great, but unrealistic. Tavaares himself is not going to bring us 35 more wins a season. Maybe 5-8 at best, by himself.

Remember it takes a village to raise a child.

It also only takes one stray bullet to knock off a dope of a GM and a looney owner.
champ4

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

ya hooooooo!! i like what ive seen very impressive.... gosh i wish we had done this earlier but its okey,we have a good liitle team here we really do im startin to like the coach a bit.hahahah lol... but he has to grow on me still.. d is so unbelievable wow..... mabey this team can get beter real fast.everything turns around average of laws my dad once said.. we will be the team to beat next year if we stay healthy lol.... radek scoring that was to funny... but well take it. lol i guess everone goes threw bumps look at ottwa dame never... thought they would be down there with us... that goes to show ya.hopefully we will get that new arena and everything will fit good..... lets go islanders.......... champ4......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Radek Martinek Discussions

Search the Radek Martinek Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••