Islanders overpower Blues, 5-2

Islanders overpower Blues, 5-2

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 12, 2008, titled Islanders overpower Blues, 5-2. In it, Newsday reports that:

Finally, a little truth in advertising from the Islanders. Forget the shutout in their only home exhibition under new coach Scott Gordon .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Booo Whoo

Norwalk, CT

#1 Oct 12, 2008
Again, slanted reporting. "The Blues might have been tired..." Any other subjective factors we should knoe about that leans towards the Islanders victory being slightly discredited? Did anyone eat too many whey protein shakes, and get gas? Gas on the bench just lingers on and on, smelly.

Impressive play. My nephew who does not even watch hockey said, "I don't understand, why are they spending the whole time in the Blues end of the ice". He is 12.
Mike

Edison, NJ

#2 Oct 12, 2008
Let Dipietro ride the pine for as long as MacDonald is winning. Making way too big of deal out of this.
We don't need 70% DP in the beginning of the season. It's more important to have 90-100% DP at the end of the season.
Steve

Clifton, NJ

#3 Oct 12, 2008
Booo Whoo wrote:
Again, slanted reporting. "The Blues might have been tired..." Any other subjective factors we should knoe about that leans towards the Islanders victory being slightly discredited? Did anyone eat too many whey protein shakes, and get gas? Gas on the bench just lingers on and on, smelly.
Impressive play. My nephew who does not even watch hockey said, "I don't understand, why are they spending the whole time in the Blues end of the ice". He is 12.
How about the fact that they were playing the Blues? a team that will contend with the Isles for a top 3 pick in next years draft.
Wolf

Grinnell, IA

#4 Oct 12, 2008
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the fact that they were playing the Blues? a team that will contend with the Isles for a top 3 pick in next years draft.
Another moron with a crystal ball.
If you don't like the team then why are you posting here. Shut your mouth loser.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Oct 13, 2008
the NHL in their infinite wisdom decided to schedule a Ranger/devils game and an Islanders game on the same night the GIANTS are playing Monday night football. And they wonder why ratings aren't great. GENIUS!

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#6 Oct 13, 2008
skating on sand wrote:
the NHL in their infinite wisdom decided to schedule a Ranger/devils game and an Islanders game on the same night the GIANTS are playing Monday night football. And they wonder why ratings aren't great. GENIUS!
At least the Islander game is in the afternoon, so you can watch that uninterrupted. I'll be remote flicking tonight....

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#7 Oct 13, 2008
Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Another moron with a crystal ball.
If you don't like the team then why are you posting here. Shut your mouth loser.
LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!
Something he said that was not accurate? Most publications are picking both teams to be at or near the bottom of their respective conferences. If you can't handle the truth, maybe you should stop reading and posting, ya big baby ya....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web