Islanders lose to Stars in overtime

Islanders lose to Stars in overtime

There are 82 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Islanders lose to Stars in overtime. In it, Newsday reports that:

The flow of goals that came with almost surprising regularity for the Islanders early in the season has slowed to an occasional drip ... drip ... drip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Isles Fan

Biddeford, ME

#2 Nov 27, 2007
Tim has it right- the team may not sense frustration but the fans certainly do. Imagine what this team could do with even an average offense given DP's goaltending. Comrie and Guerin and Satan gotta step it up! It is embarrassing to have Boston ahead of us in the standings.
Hubie McDonough

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2007
Very disappointed in Greg Logan for the following:

"Satan's sixth goal put the Islanders in overtime for the first time this season, but they didn't last long. Defenseman Stephane Robidas blasted a shot from the right point that thudded off DiPietro's pads into the slot, where Martinek couldn't control Modano, who popped it over the Isles' goalie for the winner."

Did Bill Guerin not score an OT winner against the Devils earlier this season?
kallur

Andes, NY

#4 Nov 27, 2007
Unfortunately, becuase of Snow's ridiculous trade for Smyth last spring, a guy who never ever was going to stay on the Island (Garth, do your homework), the Isles have very little to trade for a scorer, for someone who can score on the power play.(Is Derek King available?) But unless Snow is able to pull off a deal or two for a scorer or two, the Isles have no chance to do anything but lose one-goal games the rest of the season.
Cincy

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Nov 27, 2007
Greg - This was their SECOND time in OT. They beat Jersey in OT earlier in the season on a goal by Guerin.
YashinsADouche

Asbury Park, NJ

#6 Nov 27, 2007
Hubie McDonough wrote:
Did Bill Guerin not score an OT winner against the Devils earlier this season?
Yes, he did. Just goes to show you how bad Newsday has gotten.

Maybe he looked at the standings and saw the Isles didn't have any OT losses and just made an assumption.
King Centurious

United States

#7 Nov 27, 2007
Simon needs to get off the first line. He cant bury the puck and he doesnt hit anymore. Hes like a lost puppy. Absolutely no reason that Hilbert should be on the ice with under 4 minutes left in the game when you are down by 1. This team is already going through the motions and if they play that way against ottawa well have another toronto night. Refs suck plain and simple. real solid first period action packed lots of pace and then boom penalty after penalty destroyed that game. these powerplays and penalty kills going both ways are getting boring. Hopefully they get their heads out of their asses and play with a little heart tomorrow night
restivo

Valley Stream, NY

#8 Nov 27, 2007
Newsday hockey writers are so sad. they cant even write about the team they cover daily correctly.
John Keitz

Lovelock, NV

#9 Nov 27, 2007
Just a note, this wasn't the first OT game for the Isles this year. They beat the Devils on Guerin's last moment goal in OT earlier this year.
Isles Be Damned

Mill Neck, NY

#10 Nov 27, 2007
What the hell was Ted Nolan thinking??????

How the hell do you put Hunter, Sillinger, & Witt against the Modano line in OT. All of those guys skate like they are stuck in the mud, against guys who can fly.

I knew the OT wouldn't last past that first shift........
bhockey47

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#11 Nov 27, 2007
Greg Logan like all of his associates at Newsday Sports, should unquestionably leave the Island...we don't need your negative crap day after day...interesting to me didn't the Rangers just lose to the Stars? And didn't the Isles take them to overtime last night? Interesting to me, haven't the Isles been between 1st place and 3rd for most of the season...Interesting to me, I'm more concerned about fans coming out to the games, then wasting time reading past Logan's first paragraph. The losers on this Island have by-lines in a rag of a paper called Newsday. Thank heavens for the internet, it would be a huge drag to have to buy that rag.
RANGERS FAN

San Francisco, CA

#12 Nov 27, 2007
Look forward to a loss on Thursday Ice gals!:)

“Let's go Islanders!”

Since: Nov 07

Huntington, NY

#13 Nov 27, 2007
kallur wrote:
Unfortunately, becuase of Snow's ridiculous trade for Smyth last spring, a guy who never ever was going to stay on the Island (Garth, do your homework), the Isles have very little to trade for a scorer, for someone who can score on the power play.(Is Derek King available?) But unless Snow is able to pull off a deal or two for a scorer or two, the Isles have no chance to do anything but lose one-goal games the rest of the season.
Okposo and maybe Rakhashani with a draft pick might last us Marian Hossa, but I am understandably weary of former Ottawa Senators points leaders

“Let's go Islanders!”

Huntington, NY

#14 Nov 27, 2007
RANGERS FAN wrote:
Is that an echo from last week before we beat the Rangers for a third time?
Isles Be Damned

Mill Neck, NY

#15 Nov 27, 2007
RANGERS FAN wrote:
The Isles are going to biatch slap those Ranjerks thursday in the "House of the Homeless"

“Let's go Islanders!”

Huntington, NY

#16 Nov 27, 2007
Isles Be Damned wrote:
What the hell was Ted Nolan thinking??????
How the hell do you put Hunter, Sillinger, & Witt against the Modano line in OT. All of those guys skate like they are stuck in the mud, against guys who can fly.
I knew the OT wouldn't last past that first shift........
Because all three of those guys will certainly get in your way if not know you in the mouth. Plus, Martinek was out there as well. I don't know what defensive pairing would be better than Witt and Martinek...maybe you think Berard and Bergeron should've been out there...or Campoli who doesn't know how to spell crease-clearing.

“Let's go Islanders!”

Huntington, NY

#17 Nov 27, 2007
knock you in the mouth*

“Let's go Islanders!”

Huntington, NY

#18 Nov 27, 2007
YashinsADouche wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he did. Just goes to show you how bad Newsday has gotten.
Maybe he looked at the standings and saw the Isles didn't have any OT losses and just made an assumption.
Attention Newsday: For $5,000 a season, an NHL Center Ice cable subscription and podcasts of all pre and post game interviews, I will cover the Islanders during the year, e-mail my stories to the Newspaper and actually write like someone wh ocares about the team.
Mike

Danbury, CT

#19 Nov 27, 2007
Mooooooose wrote:
<quoted text>
Okposo and maybe Rakhashani with a draft pick might last us Marian Hossa, but I am understandably weary of former Ottawa Senators points leaders
Moose, I would not deal Okposo for anything, especially 1 older scorer that might help this team get 1 round deeper into the playoffs and that's it. I want the cup, I want to "build" a team the way Torre did in the 70's. Can't make drastic moves just to get 1 round deeper into the playoffs each year. It takes time. Look at the Stars and core group of players that have been playing there for like a decade: Modano, Zubov, Lehtinen...
GuessWhatsNext

Bronx, NY

#20 Nov 27, 2007
Mooooooose wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Okposo ready to play next year? And isn't he supposed to be the second coming? He would be the only untouchable as far as Im concerned.
QueenHenrik

Asbury Park, NJ

#21 Nov 27, 2007
RANGERS FAN wrote:
Enjoy the days off while we play Dallas and Ottawa before the Rags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web