Isles, Rangers have fight night in Na...

Isles, Rangers have fight night in Nassau -

There are 30 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 24, 2007, titled Isles, Rangers have fight night in Nassau -. In it, Newsday reports that:

It would have been better if the first Islanders-Rangers melee of the new season had been set in old Commack Arena because it evoked images of a typical fight night for John Brophy and the Long Island Ducks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Len

New York, NY

#21 Sep 25, 2007
bhockey47 wrote:
I'm an Islander fan, I think that's obvious, but I also appreciate hard working hockey players, and I do give credit when it's due. I think Jagr's 600th was extraordinary, and Messier's time on the ice a thrill to watch, even as an Islander fan. But yes I'm objective first. Last spring Hollweg proved his not only a strong player but a gentleman when he chose not to press charges against Simon. Last night he proved what a jerk he could also be. He had one thing on his mind, and it wasn't hockey. I was sorry to see that. Instead of a great rivalry, Hollweg set the tone for "fight night".
I like your attitude, but, Hollweg is no gentleman when he consistently hits from behind. Even Ken Daneyko(who was the ONLY person to see Hollweg for what he really is and the viciousness of his hit on Simon) said that 75% of Hollweg's hits are cheap and usually from behind. These hits are worse than any fighting. How many concussions will there have to be before the NHL puts a stop to it? I guarantee you one thing, if Hollweg puts the Simon hit on Sid Crosby, he'd have drawn a major !!!!
Len

New York, NY

#22 Sep 25, 2007
LILosers wrote:
Simon is a loser. Hope Hollweg hits him again with another CLEAN HARD CHECK and Simon starts swinging his tomahawk again and gets kicked out of the league for good this time.
Isles to KC! Bring on the Long Island Wolfpack!
You call the hit from behind a "clean" check ? Must be nice living in denial !!!
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#23 Sep 25, 2007
Wish I could have seen this game last night, but noooooooo.
Andy

United States

#24 Sep 25, 2007
LILosers wrote:
Simon is a loser. Hope Hollweg hits him again with another CLEAN HARD CHECK and Simon starts swinging his tomahawk again and gets kicked out of the league for good this time.
Isles to KC! Bring on the Long Island Wolfpack!
Seems to me that the only losers last night were the Rags and Hollweg getting his ass kicked by Simon, as he peppered Hollwig with shots to the face. HA! Can't wait for the regular season, all that $$$$$ don't mean a thing, Rags are nothing but a bunch of overpaid puck hogs who will fail this year and when you can't sign Lundy to a long term deal next year then it's back to the basement for you. Go Isles.
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#25 Sep 25, 2007
Len wrote:
<quoted text>
You call the hit from behind a "clean" check ? Must be nice living in denial !!!
If you're talking about the hit on Simon last year; it looked to me like Simon embellished the hit by leaving his feet.... Oh, and Simon turned. Not saying that the hit couldnt have been called, but ya gotta try to look at both sides.
VINNY

Brewster, NY

#26 Sep 25, 2007
LOGAN. what fight were you watching, everything you said was wrong and SIMON started the fight with a late hit on HOLLWEG who didn't have the puck. GET IT RIGHT LOGAN
VINNY

Brewster, NY

#27 Sep 25, 2007
ITS PRESEASON. LETS SEE WHAT THE ISLES DO IN A WEEK
VINNY

Brewster, NY

#28 Sep 25, 2007
LISucks wrote:
DP is gay.
NOLAN AND SIMON ARE ALSO FINOCCHIOS
VINNY

Brewster, NY

#29 Sep 25, 2007
NICE ORGANIZATION NAMING OVER THE HILL GUERIN AS CAPTAIN W/O EVEN TELLING HIM, NO GOALS PLAYING W/ THORNTON AND CHEECHOO IN THE PLAYOFFS- A TYPICAL ISLANDER. THANKS WANG WANG
94 was a fluke

Bronx, NY

#30 Oct 4, 2007
Nice organization....Rags blow end of story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web