Thomas gets better of DiPietro, Islan...

Thomas gets better of DiPietro, Islanders in rout

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 25, 2008, titled Thomas gets better of DiPietro, Islanders in rout. In it, Newsday reports that:

A matchup of All-Star goaltenders Rick DiPietro and Tim Thomas that figured to be a catcher's duel turned into a 4-1 Bruins rout of the Islanders last night at TD Banknorth Garden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Islander505

AOL

#1 Jan 25, 2008
Headline says a "rout"?
The Isles lose a game for one the the few times this year by more than 1 goal and you Ranger fan headline writers call it a ROUT?
7-0, 8-1, 9-0 are ROUTS.
Losing 4-1 is getting beat, maybe even "whipped", but hardly a ROUT.

Long Island's newspaper my arse.
Just an extension of the city papers, your name should be Long Island's Daily Post.

And nice job giving Leetch back page coverage. That's more than Arbour got for win number 1500, he only won FOUR Stanley Cups.
We had to sit through Baumbach's drivel about the win not counting in "my book".

Another shameful exercise of clear city bias at Newsday.
Len

New York, NY

#2 Jan 25, 2008
I'm an Islander fan and I saw the game last night. The Bruins outplayed, outskated, outhustled, and outscored the Isles. The game was nowhere near as close as the score would indicate. To me(and it kills me to say this) that's a rout!!
Islander505

AOL

#3 Jan 25, 2008
The Isles lose one of a handful of games this year by more than one goal and it's a rout?

You've been spoiled.

If 4-1 is a rout, whaddya call the Bruins losing 8-2 to Montreal the other night?
Islander505

AOL

#4 Jan 25, 2008
Uh, never mind Len, don't answer that question. Greg called it the 8-2 drubbing of Boston by Montreal
"their worst defeat" in the body of his article.

4-1 is a bad beating. Nothing more, nothing even coming close to "a rout".

Calling the game last night "a rout" is a demonstartion of inherent anti-Islander bias that is all too prevalent at LONG ISLAND'S Newspaper.
crapshoot119

Montgomery, AL

#5 Jan 25, 2008
len, i was at the game, the teddie bears got some lucky breaks, third goal and satan's shot that thomas managed to get his foot on. turned the game. the game was closer that you think, the isles didnt play that bad at times and times they stunk. losing 8-2 is a rout, losing 4-1 is just losing. stay in the city, they dont need dopes like you in the stands or on the island.
Edgar

Hillsdale, NJ

#6 Jan 25, 2008
Once again, our hero Ricky D. stunk up the house. His glove hand was so slow, the puck whizzed by it - you know and settled in the net's twine, but it's fine, cause DP is overrated and soon we will be losin more and in last place, evermore.
Caballero number one

Hillsdale, NJ

#7 Jan 25, 2008
crapshoot119 wrote:
len, i was at the game, the teddie bears got some lucky breaks, third goal and satan's shot that thomas managed to get his foot on. turned the game. the game was closer that you think, the isles didnt play that bad at times and times they stunk. losing 8-2 is a rout, losing 4-1 is just losing. stay in the city, they dont need dopes like you in the stands or on the island.
Yeah, the fishmen got ripped off. Their biorythms were all messed up. Face it, the stink!
Islander505

AOL

#8 Jan 25, 2008
crapshoot119 wrote:
Crapshoot,
From my barcolounger 2 time zones away, I thought the game changed for the inevitable when Sutton beat Thomas but clanged the post when it was 2-0. All I could say was "damn, we coulda had 'em if that went in"

Woulda, shoulda, coulda,
But hardly a "rout".
Ozzy

Hillsdale, NJ

#9 Jan 25, 2008
Islander505 wrote:
<quoted text>
Crapshoot,
From my barcolounger 2 time zones away, I thought the game changed for the inevitable when Sutton beat Thomas but clanged the post when it was 2-0. All I could say was "damn, we coulda had 'em if that went in"
Woulda, shoulda, coulda,
But hardly a "rout".
Dude, 4-1 is a route. Ricky D looked like a big ole piece of swiss cheese out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radek Martinek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
News Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
News Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
News Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
News New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
News Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
News Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
More from around the web