No ignoring Avery's impact -

Full story: Newsday

Warm-ups just aren't as much fun as they used to be. Back in the old days, 10 days ago, it was always worth watching to see what mayhem Sean Avery could cause a half hour before the opening faceoff.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Isleman

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Yes, he is amusing to watch. One is always hoping he'll end up a blue smudge against the boards. But remember, his biggest and only weapon is his mouth. If he truly was a "Good Hockey" player, then thats what this article would be all about. But it's not. He ridicules someone with cancer, he remarks about other mens wives, their children, their ethnic background. All because he has NO OTHER SKILLS. The best way to defend him is to be deaf. voila! He's neutralized. Who would you rather have in front of the net with the puck, Shanahan, Jagr or avery. Hmmmmmmm!If he could talk the puck into the net, I'd be worried. I hope the Rags put him up on the 1st line. I'll take him any day. Keep eating up someone elses minutes Sean. We love ya! LETS GO AVERY!!!!

“Only in America...”

Since: Aug 07

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

LOL, Avery's impact... Last Isles, Rags game he had the turnover which led to the game winner. This game, momentum killing 10 PIM's, and little to no impact otherwise... No denying that he is a solid hockey player, but this is a poorly timed article at best.
amw

Radford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

are you kidding me? do you just wake up in the morning and say "hmmmm...how can i tick of islanders fans today?". first the al arbour garbage, then questioning whether the island needs a team, now lauding that lizard rat. get this guy out of newsday
Lets Go Islanders

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

"Sean is contagious," Renney said the last time the Rangers were at the Coliseum, "certainly for the right reasons. On top of that, he's a good hockey player." You call Sean Avery a good hockey player!?!?! He is abismal! Someone is going to seriously hurt him on the ice one day and I don't think anyone in the league will care! He makes costly turnovers, he takes stuid penalties, not much of a scoring touch, and he hits everyone from behind. Look at what he started with Tank last night. The play is whistled dead, Guerin is holding down Staal, the teams are pushing and shoving, and here come's Avery from behind and facewashes Tank. Tank wasn't even touching a single Ranger and that creep comes up from behind! There's no place for Avery in this league if you ask me and if he was on my team....well I wouldn't be an Islander fan any longer! There's plenty of room for enforcers, there should be no tolerance for creeps like Avery!
Lets Go Islanders

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Oh and he claims he never high sticked Sutton he got the penalty on repuation. Look at the replays jackass! You hit him right near his eye while bringing your stick up too high! Even the Rangers announcers saw and stated that you high sticked him.
Lets Go Islanders

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Oh and my absolute favorite remark last night was made by Deb Kauffman. She was reporting how Avery was trying to get on Martinek during the game caling him all sorts of stuff. She said, while interviewing Witt, doesn't Sean avery know that Martinek doesn't speak and barely understands English? Witt turned around and said it's Avery what do you expect. That'll tell you just how smart that little cockroach is...
Marcel Hossa

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

I dunno what happen. I looky at face-off, I see puck go right by me. I see Fedotenko skate faster than me. I sheet in my pants. I watch Lundqvist get beat five hole. I see Renney drop tear from eye. Jagr spit on me on bench. Gomez steal my taco from lunch box. We blew it.

“Let's go Islanders!”

Since: Nov 07

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Lets Go Islanders wrote:
Oh and he claims he never high sticked Sutton he got the penalty on repuation. Look at the replays jackass! You hit him right near his eye while bringing your stick up too high! Even the Rangers announcers saw and stated that you high sticked him.
Not to mention you have to try retty hard to stick Sutton in the face...the guy is 6'6"
Diesel the boxer dog

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Avery.Classless player,on a classless team,with classless fans.WOOF!WOOF!
Steve

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

I'm actually glad Avery is a Ranger, and all their fans love the guy. But how can you love a guy that is a detriment to the team he plays for? The clown spent 11:29 minutes of game time in the penalty box last night....

Sure....he's a great agitator, but because of that, he's also a great penalty-taker.....and I don't care who you are, or what your role on the team is.....if you're sitting in the box half the game you aren't 'helping' your team do anything except lose.
Mike

Lake Ariel, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Doesn't look like Avery's antics bother the Islanders that much. If an opposing team plays smart guys like Avery look like a waste to it's team.
John Bednarski

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Avery was a cancer to the Rangers game last night.
Greg

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Avery is "the most compelling player on the Garden ice" because the rangers SUCK!
dip stick

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

leave to another stupid newsday anti-islander so called journalist to write another amazingly content free article about the rangers. thank god for paper less journalism lest we all have to bear sport free sports journalism. Hope you read this blog mark and you end up working on a coffee truck somewhere in Yaphank. Then again the east end doesn't deserve that kind of snack food, nor your writing either.

Truly worthless - try writing about what the game was about.
dip stick

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

I just can't believe you can earn money writing such vacuous prose. Words can't describe it.
amw

Radford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

im not very concerned about avery. Im more concerned about why this hack is still getting articles OK'd by his editor. HEY NEWSDAY! keep him away from the ISLANDERS!

not to mention. EESH hes ugly
matt potvin

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Marcel Hossa wrote:
I dunno what happen. I looky at face-off, I see puck go right by me. I see Fedotenko skate faster than me. I sheet in my pants. I watch Lundqvist get beat five hole. I see Renney drop tear from eye. Jagr spit on me on bench. Gomez steal my taco from lunch box. We blew it.
LoL. very funny.
matt potvin

Spring Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

I always think of avery as theo fleury junior...

12 minutes in the box is not a good player.

too bad our PP did not work last nite or else avery would be a massive goat.

but he's an ass anyway...
Steve

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

Avery is a bum. He's cheap and doesn't play with any honor.
It's a travesty that this entire article is about him.
Stewy

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2007

If Newsday is Long Islands paper then why the hell is Mark Herrmann still employed? Is this like the new thing that Newsday now has its own version of Sean Avery? How does this garbage keep on getting printed? Move to Boston and write articles praising Jeter, and how Ted Williams doesn't deserve a tunnel named after him and see how long you last. Long Island hates you. The only ting you should be the chairman for is the hair club for women.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Radek Martinek Discussions

Search the Radek Martinek Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 JakeCBJ 6
Islanders veteran added to Blue Jackets' blue l... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cincy Blows 5
Blue Jackets sign defenseman Martinek to one-ye... (Jul '11) Jul '11 ramseyjames 10
Dallas Stars at New York Islanders preview (Jan '10) Jan '10 Quirk 1
New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers watch... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 2
Live streaming Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 DEV STARR 4
Islanders lose season finale to Boston, 6-2 (Apr '09) Apr '09 Islanders Fan 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••