Red Wings rush toward repeat, rout Pe...

Red Wings rush toward repeat, rout Penguins 5-0

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 6, 2009, titled Red Wings rush toward repeat, rout Penguins 5-0. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Detroit Red Wings sure don't look tired now. After watching their two-game lead in the Stanley Cup finals disappear in Pittsburgh, the defending champions returned to the friendly confines of Joe Louis Arena and blew away the supposedly fresher Penguins 5-0 in Game 5 on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#2 Jun 7, 2009
The Red Wings, in my view, are one of the great team successes I've seen. The run they've had since 1995 is something most sports fans should really pay attention to. To be in 6 (Stanley Cup) finals in 14 season in this era of free agency is an impressive record in hockey or in any sport...
Ginger

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jun 7, 2009
Grand Slam by Redwings in game 5 but the Penquins will make it interesting in game 6 for the playoff.
redwinger

Glendale, AZ

#4 Jun 7, 2009
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

who saw that coming? Me, all Red Wing fans, and anyone else who knows anything about hockey. With Datsyuk in the line-up the Red Wings 5 times better than the Pens instead of just 2 times better without him.

I am guessing that Sindy and Mindy wish they were as smart as Hossa and pursued playing with the best NHL team on the planet. Oh well, they have there $$$ and Hossa has his $$$ and a CUP.

Oh yeah....Osgood is awesome
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#5 Jun 7, 2009
redwinger wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!
who saw that coming? Me, all Red Wing fans, and anyone else who knows anything about hockey. With Datsyuk in the line-up the Red Wings 5 times better than the Pens instead of just 2 times better without him.
I am guessing that Sindy and Mindy wish they were as smart as Hossa and pursued playing with the best NHL team on the planet. Oh well, they have there $$$ and Hossa has his $$$ and a CUP.
Oh yeah....Osgood is awesome
Really? Anybody who knows anything about hockey thinks the Wings were 2 times bewtter than the Pens in games 3 and 4? You make statements like that and then wonder why you're such a laughingstock on this forum...
Originalsixer

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2009
The Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Anybody who knows anything about hockey thinks the Wings were 2 times bewtter than the Pens in games 3 and 4? You make statements like that and then wonder why you're such a laughingstock on this forum...
Hey Trout! I hear the Hawk fans are gonna copy the Wings fans and throw seafood on the Ice. Smelt! In honor of how the Pen's Smelt up the place in Detroit last night!
Your child Crosby has only scored 2 points more in the series than Osgood!!!
You must be so proud of the maturity and professionality He and Malkin and Cooke and Talbot showed last night. Minor Leaguers!
Datsyuk is up for the same big Trophies as Malkin PLUS the Selke for the best Defensine forward. Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot?(no pun intended) Lets say that Malkin, not Datsyuk, was the player out for the first four games of the series PLUS the Pens top defensive forward. You know darn well this series would be over.
Heard Bylsma spent two hours at practice today on the center ice handshake for after the game on tuesday!
redwinger

Glendale, AZ

#7 Jun 7, 2009
The Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, if both teams are playing their best hockey on any given night, the Red Wings will win everytime. And when the score gets out of hand your "class-less" Pens will start slashing, pushing, tripping and my personal favorite crying. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA, WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Gary (Bettman) said we were going to win and the Red Wings aren't letting us. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IBM

“..::..”

Since: Oct 08

Greenbrier, AR

#8 Jun 7, 2009
Go Red Wings!

I wonder how much "goodness" this can do for the city of Detroit? A MSU victory in the NCAA "would have been inspirational" some say, but then i realize that my favorite hockey team "Detroit Redwings" are no strangers to the stanley cup in the last 13 years alone..

Who knows, maybe GM can build a new vehicle called the Chevy Redwing!

uh, no?

go Redwings!...and Lakers!
Chuckles

Detroit, MI

#10 Jun 8, 2009
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#11 Jun 8, 2009
Originalsixer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Trout! I hear the Hawk fans are gonna copy the Wings fans and throw seafood on the Ice. Smelt! In honor of how the Pen's Smelt up the place in Detroit last night!
And to think this is actually the funniest thing you've said yet. Pathetic.

BTW, interesting how you accused me of only showing up after a win (which I immediately disproved), and then you slunk away with your tail between your legs for three days, only reappearing after your team boosted your meager little self-esteem by accomplishing something for you.
Originalsixer

United States

#12 Jun 8, 2009
The Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
And to think this is actually the funniest thing you've said yet. Pathetic.
BTW, interesting how you accused me of only showing up after a win (which I immediately disproved), and then you slunk away with your tail between your legs for three days, only reappearing after your team boosted your meager little self-esteem by accomplishing something for you.
Sorry Trout. I was up at the Cottage and I don't have internet service up there.Don't do TV there either. Had to watch the game at the bar. Kind of a bummer cuz I don't drink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pavel Datsyuk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blashill Challenging Young Wings To Become "Eli... (Sep '16) Sep '17 Are phartss 4
News NBC Sports Announces This Weekend's NHL Hockey ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News NBC hockey broadcaster Mike Emrick excited to c... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Marissa 2 2
News Datsyuk's Russian apartment broken into, $45K w... (Sep '13) Dec '13 Ramunas 3
News Linus Omark: Why Detroit Red Wings Should Aggre... (Dec '12) Dec '12 omark 1
News Life After Niklas Lidstrom: How Will the Detroi... (May '12) May '12 I will miss u 1
News Red Wings try to keep up road success in Montreal (Jan '12) Jan '12 nickand99 1
More from around the web