Stanley Cup finals: Boston Bruins win...

Stanley Cup finals: Boston Bruins win Cup for first time since 1972

There are 2 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Stanley Cup finals: Boston Bruins win Cup for first time since 1972. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Boston Bruins had waited 39 years for another drink from the Stanley Cup, and Tim Thomas was awfully thirsty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Curtis Lowe

United States

#1 Jun 15, 2011
I was 11 years old and at my Uncle Mickey's house on Falcon Street in East Boston in 1972 when I watched the Bruins win the Stanley Cup. It was Magical. Since that time I have ridden the wave as a Boston sports fan from the lows of 75 and 86 to the highs of the 2000s where the Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox have come through in amazing fashion. I was in Florida watching game 4 of the World Series in 2004 with an eye out the window watching the lunar eclipse as the Red Sox won their first World Series in my and my Dad's lifetime. I was watching the Bruins win tonight and will watch the lunar eclipse again. Hang in there Cubs fans and Canucks fans, your time will come.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#2 Jun 16, 2011
Congratulations to Boston from a Bolts fan. It makes our defeat by the Bruins during the eastern conference finals a bit more palatable since they won the Stanley Cup.

Until next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrice Bergeron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WTF Do the Bruins Have Against Drafting Canadia... Jun 26 Nolkyl 1
News New York Rangers at Boston Bruins Preview (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Peter Chiarelli: Bruins Hope To Be Active Befor... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Willy 1
News Were Boston Bruins To Quick To Let Jaromir Jagr... (Jul '13) Jul '13 joann acdonald 1
News Free Agency - Jaromir Jagr still has much to of... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Carl 1
News Boston Bruins Vs Chicago Blackhawks L... (Jun '13) Jun '13 ANONYMOUS 2
News Bruins vs. Penguins: Boston Playmakers Doing Th... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bill 2
More from around the web