Playoffs redux | The Columbus Dispatch

Playoffs redux | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 14 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 12, 2009, titled Playoffs redux | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Red Wings' Todd Bertuzzi is congratulated in the second period for scoring Detroit's fifth goal of the game and his third of the season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

C-bus-man

Greenfield, OH

#1 Nov 12, 2009
Hockey stinks!!! Please cover something else.

Signed

Everybody South of Windsor
sulee

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 12, 2009
What a rout! I couldn't even watch past the 1st period. LOVE the Jackets, but I think last night gave Detroit the impetus to get back on their game.
leftcoastblue

Powder Springs, GA

#3 Nov 12, 2009
Wasn't it Hitchcock who said before the season he was tired of chasing the Red Wings and wanted to bloody them a bit? So now what?
Wild Wild Westside

Columbus, OH

#4 Nov 12, 2009
I love the Jackets, and hopefully the door doesn't hot them on the way out.

When will they learn they have to win to draw a crowd.

No public money for the Jackets.
moronh8tr

Columbus, OH

#5 Nov 12, 2009
WOW. What a case for why the public should finance the Jackets. Makes me want to head downtown and blow a cool $100 on a family night choking down $5 hotdogs watching that kind of hockey. I'll stick to the $2000 I spend putting my Freshman into school hockey. At least the hotdogs are a buck.
katrina

Charleston, WV

#6 Nov 12, 2009
what a stinker!!!!! i am ashamed to wear my jersey.
most of all, I am sick of hearing the same thing...we learned a lesson and we are going to move on...when you get paid the salaries that these guys do, if i performed this way at work i would be in the soup line...another thought maybe the defensive and goalie coaches should go!!!!!!
Doc

AOL

#7 Nov 12, 2009
Perhaps the Jackets can solve their money problems by just docking the players when they take a night off, just like last night. By my count they take off about 25 games a year, so they would be able to save about 1/3 of the player salaries each year.
Heck, why not dock the whold organization when they lay a stinker like last night. Painful to watch is an understatement. I'm really pissed.
David

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Nov 12, 2009
So, the Blue Jackets lost a game, big deal. I've never seen anyone throw their hands up in the air and quit watching OSU Football because we lost to Purdue. You people on here are ridiculous.
Brian Burns

Farmington, MI

#9 Nov 12, 2009
As a Detroiter who has great admiration and respect for Ken Hitchcock, I'd like to remind you Buckeyes, that the Red Wings ain't down yet!! When it comes time to accelerate the game, no team does it better than the Wings. Now quit peeing and moaning and get on with your season. Support your team! You have great NHL potential growing there in Columbus!
bjax fan

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 12, 2009
Steve Mason may be upset, and well he should be. But let's remember that the fans pay a lot to see those games. And last night's game was not worth the price of the ticket. I attended last night with someone else and dropped about $200 between the tickets, food, and drinks. So if I want to express my dissatisfaction with the level of play, I am probably entitled to do that. I never leave games early, and did last night - I only missed the last score by Detroit.
TeamBuckeye

Kernersville, NC

#11 Nov 12, 2009
C-bus-man wrote:
Signed
Isnt Neck-Car out of season. Nothing like bashing a sport you have no concept or understanding of the skill level required to play. You probably hate soccer,as well.
grumpy old man

Aurora, IL

#12 Nov 12, 2009
We might as well get used to it. We'll be chasing Chicago & Detroit all year.
ur a dumb ss

Parkville, MD

#13 Nov 12, 2009
C-bus-man wrote:
Signed
I got something for you to s*ck on little boy. I am sure a *** like you will like it
Go Jackets

United States

#14 Nov 12, 2009
Yea it sucks to see them take a beating like that but its just one game in many. I knew it was going to a tough night. The wings have been playing since water first froze. Till the jackets i was a Redwings fan. And even after last night I still love the jackets. Even wore my jersey today. Go Jackets!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niklas Kronwall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Helene Elliott: Brawl, bizarre goal are black m... (Jan '14) Jan '14 daco grande 3
News Detroit Red Wings' Ian White on commissioner Ga... (Nov '12) Dec '12 KingHockeyMan 5
News NHLers play in charity game, deepen their resol... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Edward Jones 1
News Detroit Red Wings: Johan Franzen's Growing Hate... (Mar '12) Mar '12 stevepicker 2
News Red Wings try to keep up road success in Montreal (Jan '12) Jan '12 nickand99 1
News NHL Predictions: Detroit Red Wings Will Be Soli... (Aug '11) Sep '11 wings fan 2
News Why trade for Brad Stuart has helped Wings' eli... (May '08) Apr '10 Detrocks 7
More from around the web