NHL should suspend Laraque - but who ...

NHL should suspend Laraque - but who will notice?

There are 12 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Nov 22, 2009, titled NHL should suspend Laraque - but who will notice?. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

I expect Montreal forward Georges Laraque to get suspended for his knee-on-knee hit on Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall - but that begets the question: Will anyone but he and his bank account notice? Laraque is a non-impact player for Montreal, a guy who averages barely seven minutes per game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

hal

Estevan, Canada

#1 Nov 22, 2009
7 minute of that imposter are about 6 to many from a long time habs fan who cant figure out why chicken geo is still a hab bg must have his own special stimulous packages lol

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#3 Nov 23, 2009
well said

laraque is a uselss piece of Garbage and a detrement to this team.

The fact that he plays at all is direct evidence of Gainey's and martin's complete INCOMPETENCE.

Honest to g-d my dead grand mother skates better and I could make him look like a freak froma circus.

It is NOT FUNNY

WHAT GAINEY AND MARTIN ARE DOING IS IMO CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE.

THE TEAM HAS BEEN MANAGED INTO THE BASEMENT OF ALL OF PRO SPORTS.

AND NOONE SEEMS TO EVEN NOTICE.

PRICE LETS IN 2 GOALS MINIMUM IN EACH GAME THATA JR. B GOALIE WOULD HAVE STOPPED, AND HE GETS PRAISED 0OVER AND OVER AND EVERYONE SAYS HAS GREAT HE IS DOING AGAIN...

NO HE IS NOT

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LIE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY

HE IS A JOKE WHO NEEDS TO BE TOLD BY SOMEONE TO STAND UP AND NOT MOVE...HE'D DO BETTER THAT WAY.

THIS TEAM HAS 7 ASSISTANT COACHES INCULUDING AND FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS KIRK MULLER WHO HAS DONE SWEET FUCK ALL FOR THIS TEAM WHICH STILL CANNOT PUT THE OUCK IN THE NET AND STILL HAS ZERO SIZE UP THE MIDDLE.

THE HABS ARE THE IGGEST LIE IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY AND BOB GAINEY IS A FUCKING DISGRACE AS A GM.

LARAQUE JUST DOES NOT BELONG PAYIONG THIS GAME AT THIS LEVEL...PERIOD...AND THE HABS LOSE CREDIBILITY EACH TIME THEY OUT HIM ON THE ICE.

GAINEY JUST HAS TO GO, ALONG WITH PRICE, AND FAST !!!

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#4 Nov 23, 2009
Spartacus1962 wrote:
well said
laraque is a uselss piece of Garbage and a detrement to this team.
The fact that he plays at all is direct evidence of Gainey's and martin's complete INCOMPETENCE.
Honest to g-d my dead grand mother skates better and I could make him look like a freak froma circus.
It is NOT FUNNY
WHAT GAINEY AND MARTIN ARE DOING IS IMO CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE.
THE TEAM HAS BEEN MANAGED INTO THE BASEMENT OF ALL OF PRO SPORTS.
AND NOONE SEEMS TO EVEN NOTICE.
PRICE LETS IN 2 GOALS MINIMUM IN EACH GAME THATA JR. B GOALIE WOULD HAVE STOPPED, AND HE GETS PRAISED 0OVER AND OVER AND EVERYONE SAYS HAS GREAT HE IS DOING AGAIN...
NO HE IS NOT
THIS IS THE BIGGEST LIE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY
HE IS A JOKE WHO NEEDS TO BE TOLD BY SOMEONE TO STAND UP AND NOT MOVE...HE'D DO BETTER THAT WAY.
THIS TEAM HAS 7 ASSISTANT COACHES INCULUDING AND FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS KIRK MULLER WHO HAS DONE SWEET FUCK ALL FOR THIS TEAM WHICH STILL CANNOT PUT THE OUCK IN THE NET AND STILL HAS ZERO SIZE UP THE MIDDLE.
THE HABS ARE THE IGGEST LIE IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY AND BOB GAINEY IS A FUCKING DISGRACE AS A GM.
LARAQUE JUST DOES NOT BELONG PAYIONG THIS GAME AT THIS LEVEL...PERIOD...AND THE HABS LOSE CREDIBILITY EACH TIME THEY OUT HIM ON THE ICE.
GAINEY JUST HAS TO GO, ALONG WITH PRICE, AND FAST !!!
Uh-oh, now you're in Edmonton!
DEV STARR

Moose Jaw, Canada

#5 Nov 26, 2009
Jack Tupp wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh, now you're in Edmonton!
Not so mouthy now are you tuppie... I hope he meets you on the street and gives you the shitkicking you need to smarten up... dont go out after dark tuppie.heee

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#6 Nov 26, 2009
DEV STARR wrote:
<quoted text>Not so mouthy now are you tuppie... I hope he meets you on the street and gives you the shitkicking you need to smarten up... dont go out after dark tuppie.heee
go puck yourself loser.
DEV STARR

Moose Jaw, Canada

#7 Nov 26, 2009
Tuppie is running scared,like the sheep dresser he is... come out you tard and take off that sheep costume...heeeheee ya queeeer.
Labatts

North Bay, Canada

#8 Nov 27, 2009
What's with the sheep comments...I dont understand!!!
Anyway Laraque is absolutely useless.
How he ever got that sweater on is beyound me. There is lots of guys out there that can fight, skate and play hockey.
It shows that gainey doesnt have the skill to negoiate a proper trade.
He has basically given this team away.
Got nothing for HUET,Surrey,Rivet,etc etc.
I live in the same city he grew up in and played Jr in, but I can no longer support him..
hal

Estevan, Canada

#9 Nov 28, 2009
the fact that bgl ever set foot on the ice wearing a habs sweater is the biggest of many injustices bg has watched over chicken george is the lil enjine who cant or more exacly wont picked up imn sure to put a few black asses in the seats which is an oxymoron anyways they spend on coke not on tickets lmao
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#11 Dec 22, 2009
Labatts wrote:
What's with the sheep comments...I dont understand!!!
Anyway Laraque is absolutely useless.
How he ever got that sweater on is beyound me. There is lots of guys out there that can fight, skate and play hockey.
It shows that gainey doesnt have the skill to negoiate a proper trade.
He has basically given this team away.
Got nothing for HUET,Surrey,Rivet,etc etc.
I live in the same city he grew up in and played Jr in, but I can no longer support him..
I'm surprised Laracque has let his game slip so badly. When he was in Pittsburgh, he gave them some competent (and occasionally more-than-competent) minutes on the fourth line. He also was a class act in the community, putting in lots of hours with kids' after-school programs and things like that. I think we probably have a somewhat better hockey player in our new enforcer (Eric Godard), but George was popular here.
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#12 Dec 22, 2009
hal wrote:
the fact that bgl ever set foot on the ice wearing a habs sweater is the biggest of many injustices bg has watched over chicken george is the lil enjine who cant or more exacly wont picked up imn sure to put a few black asses in the seats which is an oxymoron anyways they spend on coke not on tickets lmao
Why inject racist idiocy into a perfectly good conversation?
pure2play

AOL

#13 Dec 22, 2009
The team was pressured by the media to get a tough guy after they were humiliated by the Bruins the last two years so they got George . I didn't agree with that move and a few others since then.
DEV STARR

Moose Jaw, Canada

#14 Dec 23, 2009
pure2play wrote:
The team was pressured by the media to get a tough guy after they were humiliated by the Bruins the last two years so they got George . I didn't agree with that move and a few others since then.
We really dont care what you think stinky.......You are such a non player in these discussions because of you lack of hockey sense that anything you say is laughed at and scorned... Why dont you go to the ping-pong topix,maybe you will have more luck over there with your idiotic ideas..... now piss off ya tard with the chipped tooth... and take that idiotic lian rian with ya..... pair of queeers..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niklas Kronwall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Helene Elliott: Brawl, bizarre goal are black m... (Jan '14) Jan '14 daco grande 3
News Detroit Red Wings' Ian White on commissioner Ga... (Nov '12) Dec '12 KingHockeyMan 5
News NHLers play in charity game, deepen their resol... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Edward Jones 1
News Detroit Red Wings: Johan Franzen's Growing Hate... (Mar '12) Mar '12 stevepicker 2
News Red Wings try to keep up road success in Montreal (Jan '12) Jan '12 nickand99 1
News NHL Predictions: Detroit Red Wings Will Be Soli... (Aug '11) Sep '11 wings fan 2
News Why trade for Brad Stuart has helped Wings' eli... (May '08) Apr '10 Detrocks 7
More from around the web