Blue Jackets notebook: Nash's famine ...

Blue Jackets notebook: Nash's famine turns to feast in 5-4 victory over Wild | BlueJacketsXtra

There are 2 comments on the BlueJacketsXtra story from Mar 20, 2011, titled Blue Jackets notebook: Nash's famine turns to feast in 5-4 victory over Wild | BlueJacketsXtra. In it, BlueJacketsXtra reports that:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The person least concerned about Rick Nash's scoring slumps, it always seems, is Nash himself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BlueJacketsXtra.

David

Millbury, OH

#1 Mar 20, 2011
What concerned me during Nash's goalless streak was less that he wasn't scoring goals, rather that he wasn't putting up any points. He only had 6 points in those 11 games coming in only 5 games. He went 4 straight games without a point. If you look at the elite players like the Sedin twins, Stamkos, Crosby, etc. even when they aren't scoring goals, they are still helping the team score with assists. Nash can be a streaky goal scorer, I'm fine with that, but he needs to contribute instead of disappearing as he is often criticized of doing.

To be absolutely fair though, Nash doesn't have the supporting cast the Sedins, Stamkos, and Crosby have to help score those goals when they are in a slump. I'm sure if Jake had taken fewer shooting lessons from Juice and Chimera, this post would be very different.
Las Vegas Fred

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Mar 20, 2011
David wrote:
What concerned me during Nash's goalless streak was less that he wasn't scoring goals, rather that he wasn't putting up any points. He only had 6 points in those 11 games coming in only 5 games. He went 4 straight games without a point. If you look at the elite players like the Sedin twins, Stamkos, Crosby, etc. even when they aren't scoring goals, they are still helping the team score with assists. Nash can be a streaky goal scorer, I'm fine with that, but he needs to contribute instead of disappearing as he is often criticized of doing.
To be absolutely fair though, Nash doesn't have the supporting cast the Sedins, Stamkos, and Crosby have to help score those goals when they are in a slump. I'm sure if Jake had taken fewer shooting lessons from Juice and Chimera, this post would be very different.
Hmmm, yes. What is with that guy. He seems to running out of gas as the season goes on (Vorachek). He's never shot well, except directly into the goalies mitt. This guy needs to learn to fight and a good fourth liner he would be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niklas Backstrom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Wild GIFs of the Game: at Chicago Bla... (Dec '14) Dec '14 CHforever 2
News 2013 NHL Playoffs: Minnesota Wild Sunk Without ... (May '13) May '13 Reg 1
News NHL: Koivu, Wild break through with 4-2 win ove... (Mar '13) Mar '13 aaa 1
News McGinn Scores Twice, Avalanche Beat Wild 2-0 (Mar '12) Mar '12 pageant mom 1
News Wild fans bid an emotional farewell to their 't... (May '11) May '11 kecker 38
News Maple Leafs 3, Wild 0: Minnesota loses seventh ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 SeaShark 14
News Canadiens 8, Wild 1: Fighting for playoff berth... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Marx Karl Dayton 8
More from around the web