Blue Jackets: Silent Carter angry at ...

Blue Jackets: Silent Carter angry at Flyers, agent says | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 86 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 25, 2011, titled Blue Jackets: Silent Carter angry at Flyers, agent says | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Newly acquired Blue Jackets center Jeff Carter maintained his silence yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
zappa912

Toledo, OH

#1 Jun 25, 2011
Does anyone honor their contractual commitments or keep their word anymore? Sometimes it is the athlete who wants out, usually for monetary reasons. Sometimes, as in Jeff Carter's case, it appears to be the team(Flyers) that screws the player, probably for monetary reasons. It is nothing personal, just business. Right. Where have we heard that before?

I realize that if Carter is as good as advertised, this could be a terrific deal for the Blue Jackets. That is, so long as Carter accepts his new situation, playing for the Blue Jackets--and he can put the past(his treatment by the Flyers) behind him. How would you feel if you were the person caught in the middle of this alleged "professional situation."

Welcome Jeff Carter to the Blue Jacket family. Please give it a fair opportunity. Best wishes for great success with your new team. Congratulations Blue Jackets, I think. Please treat Jeff Carter with the respect he deserves as a player and a person, the respect he did not receive from the Flyers.
Hockey Schmockey

Blacklick, OH

#2 Jun 25, 2011
Jeff who?

Columbus has a hockey team?
Yep

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 25, 2011
Hockey Schmockey wrote:
Jeff who?
Yep, cubs has a hockey team. Just like you have a vajohn instead of a real male anatomy.
Hawk

Conshohocken, PA

#4 Jun 25, 2011
Folks in Columbus will find out what a prima donna baby Carter is!
Papa Bear

Bowling Green, OH

#5 Jun 25, 2011
Welcome to Columbus Jeff Carter! We are excited to have you! Facebook pages have already been created to welcome you!
Yep

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 25, 2011
Hawk wrote:
Folks in Columbus will find out what a prima donna baby Carter is!
And you will find out how clueless Jake is. Have fun. Bye, bye.
Harvester

Portsmouth, OH

#7 Jun 25, 2011
I tend to feel bad for him. How would you feel if your employer asked you to take less money and "help" them out and the suddenly got rid of you afterwards. Now he is stuck in a contract for the next ten years that probably undervalues him. He'll be fine.....but I can see why he may not want to talk right now if he feels his emotions may make him say something brutal towards philly.
Jackets fan

Louisville, KY

#8 Jun 25, 2011
Hockey Schmockey wrote:
Jeff who?
stay off this message board, moron.
Hockey Schmockey

Blacklick, OH

#9 Jun 25, 2011
Jackoffs fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, an e-badass!
AHAHAHA

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 25, 2011
Sounds like another REAL HAPPY EMPLOYEE for the CBJ. Ahahahaha. Sorry, old man, but your career has peaked. You'll make the playoffs once in the next decade, and you will lose that series in a sweep. So don't even think of ever seeing your name on the Stanley Cup. Welcome to the NHL cellar!

But look on the bright side: You'll have more time to golf. The golf around here is pretty good if you can afford the private clubs, which, obviously, you can....

Oh, and there's COMFEST to keep you slap happy in the summer! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! !!!
Hockey Pfuck

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 25, 2011
Jackets fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't take the heat, eh?
iEnzyte Bob Pd Cust

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 25, 2011
Glad to have him, but no question about it: He got screwed. It's a shame that people don't have enough integrity these days to do the right thing. Hopefully, he will grow to like Columbus.
9 Dollar Beer

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jun 25, 2011
Hockey Schmockey wrote:
Jeff who?
The same tired, unoriginal material. Yawn.
CBJ Jim

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Jun 25, 2011
Filatov to Senators for 3rd Round Pick
Hockey Schmockey

Blacklick, OH

#15 Jun 25, 2011
9 Dollar Beer wrote:
<quoted text>
The same tired, unoriginal material. Yawn.
It's the same tired, unoriginal team.

Get a better team and I'll get better material.

Promise!

K?
BurnsSJ

Edmonton, Canada

#16 Jun 25, 2011
what a dick move by holmgren
The Mayans were wizards

Pickerington, OH

#17 Jun 25, 2011
I hope the Blue Jackets leave town soon...they are boring.
HockeyFan

Reynoldsburg, OH

#18 Jun 25, 2011
I agree with the earlier post. Contracts are worthless and he got screwed, welcome to corporate America sports style.

I feel sorry for Carter, he's coming from a team that actually knows how to play hockey night after night to, well, the Blue Jackets. I don't think he'd be this silent if he was traded to Boston or Pittsburgh.

I hope he doesn't end up getting sucked into the CBJ vacuum of apathy and "it was a good loss" mantra.

I wish him all the best, maybe he can be the spark to turn things around.
Lol

Columbus, OH

#19 Jun 25, 2011
Hockey Schmockey wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same tired, unoriginal team.
Get a better team and I'll get better material.
Promise!
K?
We all know your not smart enough.
Hockey Schmockey

Blacklick, OH

#20 Jun 26, 2011
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know your not smart enough.
Neither are you. Your post is priceless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Richards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings' Center Depth a Concern for Blackhawks (Jun '13) Jun '13 Reg 1
News Stanley Cup on the Sand in Manhattan Beach (Jun '12) Jun '12 Roy 1
News HOCKEY: Kings have easy night (Jan '12) Jan '12 Marissa 2 1
News NHL | Jordan Shifman Fantasy Hockey Faceoff: Co... (Dec '11) Dec '11 BigDickMcGee 3
News LA Kings blast Blues 5-0 in home opener (Oct '11) Oct '11 Marissa 2 1
News Teammates: Ex-Flyers Had Drinking Issues (Jul '11) Oct '11 Grogan 2
News Michael Arace commentary: Jackets' Carter shoul... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Ham on Rye 21