Taylor: Mike Modano can't let his ego decide his future

Jul 13, 2010 Full story: The Dallas Morning News

Mike Modano should wear the hated Detroit Red Wings' red sweater this season as long as he's playing because he can't imagine life without hockey - not because his ego needs some TLC.

Full Story
HockeyFan

Burleson, TX

#1 Jul 14, 2010
Watch games that Mo has played and you will see that he does not have an ego problem. He always is looking to pass the puck to his teammates even though he doesn't have to.
He gives credit to people including his dad for being the player he is.
I don't think it's the $ holding him back but not knowing if he could go out there and play for a different team and play against the team that made him the player he is now.
His a great player and I hope to see him raise the Cup one more time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Modano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Wings' Mike Modano talks about wrist injury... (Nov '10) Nov '10 leave a comment 1
Aaron Portzline's NHL power rankings | BlueJack... (Oct '10) Oct '10 FANonymous 2
Aaron Portzline's NHL power rankings | The Colu... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Not amused 10
Shooter Now: Minnesota Wild made serious run at... (Aug '10) Aug '10 DD Austin 10
Modano set to sign with Red Wings, reports (Aug '10) Aug '10 MO Fan 1
Mike Modano (Jul '10) Jul '10 HockeyFan 3
Babcock: It's 'inevitable' Modano will be Wing (Jul '10) Jul '10 HockeyFan 1
More from around the web