Isles question calls that stunted the...

Isles question calls that stunted their rally

There are 27 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 21, 2009, titled Isles question calls that stunted their rally. In it, Newsday reports that:

Although the last-place Islanders have regained considerable self-respect with their recent hot streak and resilient play, they apparently have yet to gain the respect of the officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
please stop

Clifton, NJ

#22 Mar 21, 2009
The Baker Bellmore NY wrote:
It was all on the line against the Hurricanes last night. A win and the Blueshirts would still have a chance at the Stanley Cup. But then, the puck came out in front and it went by Limpwrist and it was over, our hopes were gone. You let us down, Limpwrist, with your hanging out at questionable Chelsea clubs with Avery! Our past prostitutes weep: O Gretzky! O Messinger! But for me? I have sloppy seconds on Sean tonight after Harvey Fierstein does him good! We can do it! 1 cup in 70 years!!!
The Baker
Creedmore, NY
it's just
Len the scumbag
again.
comon Len, just Piles fans are stupid enough not to know you just keep changing your name.
what are you like 12 ?
Moron
aaa

Plainview, NY

#23 Mar 21, 2009
Check out the last two ranger articles written. Zero comments on the most recent, and 2 comments on the one before - yet all the rag fans come on the islanders board to comment about a last place team that has nothing to do with them. It's almost as if they don't know anything about the team they're supposedly fans of. Between that and their Potvin Sucks chant at every game you would think they are obsessed with the islanders.
ajfldjf

Bronx, NY

#24 Mar 21, 2009
aaa wrote:
Check out the last two ranger articles written. Zero comments on the most recent, and 2 comments on the one before - yet all the rag fans come on the islanders board to comment about a last place team that has nothing to do with them. It's almost as if they don't know anything about the team they're supposedly fans of. Between that and their Potvin Sucks chant at every game you would think they are obsessed with the islanders.
The Islanders are girlie men.
Battfist

United States

#25 Mar 21, 2009
aaa wrote:
Whats the worst part-its not even funny. At least make us laugh....

Rectum?!-damm near killed them.
obsessed rags fans

Garden City, NY

#26 Mar 21, 2009
look at how aggitated the kid from bellmore got - he couldn't even take the time to think up a screenname. Ranger fans continue to show how immature they are. Definitely the most classless fans in the NHL.
Jay

Honolulu, HI

#27 Mar 21, 2009
Looks like Ottawa will win this game. Hopefully Tampa Bay can pull out an overtime or shootout win against Atlanta!
BrkmB

Raleigh, NC

#28 Mar 23, 2009
Clem wrote:
The refs were terrible, more calls that they let go that weren't mentioned, Gleasons hit on Park behind the net
I was at the game and I agree. Gleason could have been called a few times - that guy is a punk. It's as if the refs decided that the Canes chances at the playoffs might be hurt so they better start calling penalties (4 in the third all against the Isles) after only calling 1 in the first 2 periods.

But it all works out and keeps them 6 pts behind Tampa Bay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '12 derreck 9
News Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
News Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
News Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
News Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
News Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1
More from around the web