Isles question calls that stunted their rally

Full story: Newsday

Although the last-place Islanders have regained considerable self-respect with their recent hot streak and resilient play, they apparently have yet to gain the respect of the officials.
Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
please stop

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

here we go again, whinning about the refs.

How many years now have we heard this ???

WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
The Baker

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

It was all on the line against the Hurricanes last night. A win and the Fishy Men would still have a chance at the Stanley Cup. But then, the puck came out in front and it went by Mannino and it was over, our hopes were gone. You let us down Mannino. and u 2 comeau and where wuz dougie the geezer and where wuz ricky d when we needed them most. a sad, sad day. the architect weeps and chico cries and all those days of toil to no avail, as the isles chances are gone. they are gone.
The Baker Bellmore NY

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

It was all on the line against the Hurricanes last night. A win and the Blueshirts would still have a chance at the Stanley Cup. But then, the puck came out in front and it went by Limpwrist and it was over, our hopes were gone. You let us down, Limpwrist, with your hanging out at questionable Chelsea clubs with Avery! Our past prostitutes weep: O Gretzky! O Messinger! But for me? I have sloppy seconds on Sean tonight after Harvey Fierstein does him good! We can do it! 1 cup in 70 years!!!

The Baker
Creedmore, NY
Scott Brunner

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Taveras looking better& better, a win last night would not have been good.
True Blue

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

I keep hearing how great the Islanders play and how they are constantly victimized by the referees, parking attendants, whoever. But the reality remains. They are the worst team in the NHL. Oh Yeah!
bias is showing

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

The Baker wrote:
It was all on the line against the Hurricanes last night. A win and the Fishy Men would still have a chance at the Stanley Cup. But then, the puck came out in front and it went by Mannino and it was over, our hopes were gone. You let us down Mannino. and u 2 comeau and where wuz dougie the geezer and where wuz ricky d when we needed them most. a sad, sad day. the architect weeps and chico cries and all those days of toil to no avail, as the isles chances are gone. they are gone.
Whoa. You ok?
Frank

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

No respect from a last place team with has been's, can't do, and never will be's? And a backup goalie as the GM who employs the revolving coach's seat to cover his insecurities?
Dino

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

dammit. Didnt see the game but of course I wanted the Isles to win. Were the calls that bad?
Dino

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

The Baker Bellmore NY wrote:
It was all on the line against the Hurricanes last night. A win and the Blueshirts would still have a chance at the Stanley Cup. But then, the puck came out in front and it went by Limpwrist and it was over, our hopes were gone. You let us down, Limpwrist, with your hanging out at questionable Chelsea clubs with Avery! Our past prostitutes weep: O Gretzky! O Messinger! But for me? I have sloppy seconds on Sean tonight after Harvey Fierstein does him good! We can do it! 1 cup in 70 years!!!
The Baker
Creedmore, NY
Of course I come to talk about the isles in a supportive way, and lo and behold, this obsessive garbage

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Dino wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I come to talk about the isles in a supportive way, and lo and behold, this obsessive garbage
D I have no idea who this guy is? He's not been on this forum before that I can recall.

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

The Isles looked slow and out of their league in the first period of play. Then all of a sudden 4 straight goals? Im certainly impressed. Yea the refs blew a bunch of calls but we needed to end the streak. Too many wins and now we have Tampa and Phoenix to be concerned about for the draft.
Supa Coach Gordo

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Hey fans! Great game last night. We only lost by one goal, which is like really good. A few more wins and we will be next to worst in the entire league. And with Ricky D returning next year, I see good things. Also, I recommend buying stock in AIG. over and out.
Supa Coach Gordo

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Dino wrote:
dammit. Didnt see the game but of course I wanted the Isles to win. Were the calls that bad?
Yes, Dino. We were ripped off. We are really the best team in the league, but we always get ripped off. that's the ticket!
esse

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

nice game anytime you can help yourself in the draft and have a team leap-hump the fagingers it's a sweet defeat.
DDDDDDDD

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Greg's spin on this is bull$hit. Gordon only complained about the non calls because Greg asked him about it. They knew they lost the game mostly on their own. They were horrible in the first period and while they made up for it in the 2nd it wasn't enough against a fast and playoff bound team.
Don't believe everything Logan writes.
Clem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

The refs were terrible, more calls that they let go that weren't mentioned, Gleasons hit on Park behind the net
SEH81

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Wade Redden.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

I was wrong about Richard Park. He's a keeper.
Battbird

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

I loved it when that tall dufus Franz decided to take on our hero, Colton Orr. Orr gave the dude the ole one two! Good job Colton Orr!
Sir Porter Fonferoy

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

He, He. Islanders are worst in the entire NHL. Kudos to all!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1

Search the Mike Comrie Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••