Veteran Weight showing his value with Isles

Full story: Newsday 6
He might be 38 years old, but Doug Weight has been a breath of fresh air in an Islanders' locker room that is showing the strains of rebuilding under rookie coach Scott Gordon , whose methods have left several ... Full Story
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 30, 2009
Keep Weight...sign him up for another year.

Logan-thanks for keeping it positive!!!!
metfan99

United States

#2 Jan 30, 2009
great article today
BossJones

Syracuse, NY

#3 Jan 30, 2009
Weight is a real class guy. I think the isles will surprise a lot of people in a couple years...hopefully they will still be on LI.
David Volek

Waterbury, VT

#4 Jan 30, 2009
I third the signing of Weight for another season. If Okposo and/or Bailey become half the players Weight was over his career, the Islanders will be a better team.
Pnut

Northport, NY

#5 Jan 31, 2009
I Fourth the signing of Weight for next season....For just the influence he has over centers like Neilsen and Bailey alone. You can see Bailey progressing fast and Frans has made a Quantum leap in progression. Plus all the things i heard on Bottas blog about Weight, one more year!one more year!
Morris Wanchuk

Englewood, CO

#6 Jan 31, 2009
Thats BS that Wang loses that kind of money, all organizations no matter what type have P&L to off set taxes. So saying 20 25M is not accurate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1

Mike Comrie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE