Islanders would like prospects in AHL...

Islanders would like prospects in AHL postseason -- Sports, Lon...

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 27, 2008, titled Islanders would like prospects in AHL postseason -- Sports, Lon.... In it, Newsday reports that:

In hockey, Bridgeport is down and Long Island is up. And everything is getting a little sideways now that the Islanders are out of the NHL playoff picture while their American Hockey League affiliate scrambles ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

orange sleeves

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 27, 2008
" Comrie did not travel to Pittsburgh"= best news this year about Mr. Comrie. Mr Hustle he is not--BIG TIME.

Paramus, NJ

#2 Mar 27, 2008
orange sleeves wrote:
" Comrie did not travel to Pittsburgh"= best news this year about Mr. Comrie. Mr Hustle he is not--BIG TIME.
Agreed, he missed several defensive assignments. Eversince he signed that contract extension, defensively, he has been playing in a fog. I'm glad Ted stripped the "A" from him!!

New York, NY

#3 Mar 27, 2008
He was stripped of the A? wow i didnt hear that. Thats kind of nuts

Andes, NY

#4 Mar 27, 2008
Four million... Comrie... Still can't get over it.
Tonight's prediction: Penguins 6, Isles 1.

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Mar 27, 2008
Comrie was showing a lot more frequent flashes of higher offensive skill right up until he signed the extension. His blind drop passes and centering feeds near the blue line have contributed to many goals and chances against.

Satan looked better at center last game than he has looked at wing all season. It will be interesting to see how they play tonight.
transplanted Islander fan

Mineola, NY

#6 Mar 27, 2008
wish this nightmare of a season were over. can't take any more of this

Danbury, CT

#7 Mar 27, 2008
The more Comrie sits out the better. I hope they trade him in the off-season. His work ethic and dedication are pathetic. Since signing the contract extension I don't think he's scored more than 5 points in 20 games.

Islandia, NY

#8 Mar 27, 2008
Hey look at the bright side, our rookies get practice playing in the big leagues for next season. Maybe the coaching staffs eyes will be opened as to who the real talent is on the team and who to play. There are some positives to negative things that happen (us not making playoffs, rookies get their time to shine).

Asbury Park, NJ

#9 Mar 27, 2008
Comrie is annoying. He has two moves that he pulls every time he has the puck that work about 3% of the time.

He's got the toe-drag and he does that stupid thing were he brings the puck into the zone with only one D back but instead of going to the net, he comes to a complete stop just inside the blue line at lets every other player on the ice catch up to him. It's amazing. He'll have the other team beat, but then he'll wait for them and try to make a pass through 4 sets of skates instead of just making the smarter, easier play.

He needs to grow a brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '12 derreck 9
News Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
News Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
News Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
News Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
News Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1