Roster spot, cancer: Two-fisted fight...

Roster spot, cancer: Two-fisted fight for Isles' Sugden

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 20, 2008, titled Roster spot, cancer: Two-fisted fight for Isles' Sugden. In it, Newsday reports that:

When Brandon Sugden's father, Travis, asked him to meet at a local coffee shop at 6 a.m., Brandon knew the discussion had to be about cancer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

There for all four

Bronx, NY

#1 Sep 20, 2008
This is what it has come to for Islander fans........
A 30 year old fighter who has never played a game in the NHL who has been retired for two years, 15 arrests in less than two years. Had anyone thought to include in the story, how many goals he has scored throughout his AHL career?

I feel bad for him and his Dad but this is going to be another long year.
JBT

Bronx, NY

#2 Sep 20, 2008
I understand the above poster's frustration, but Sugden will probably play harder than 90 percent of the roster that we had last year, so if he makes the team, more power to him.
Snow Job

New Rochelle, NY

#3 Sep 21, 2008
That is one of the most ridiculous stories in Islander's history. This used to be one of the classiest organizations in all of sports and know a criminal is going to be a fan favorite? Simon was ostracized and banished for being a brawler but he wasn't a criminal. Is Garth worried about getting fans in the seats? Lets just lace up Tito Ortiz & Chuck Lidell. It's so difficult to stay loyal to this team with this continuous stream of nonsense. Lets get some hockey players and score some goals. There's an idea.
Snow Job

New Rochelle, NY

#4 Sep 21, 2008
Or maybe Vince Papali?
Mike Carlton

Keswick, Canada

#5 Sep 21, 2008
Great story about a guy who has turned his life around. Bad guy becomes a saint. Should be a movie. Hope he makes the team. I'll be the first to buy tickets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '12 derreck 9
News Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
News Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
News Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
News Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
News Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1
More from around the web