Josh Bailey's presence in Islanders' ...

Josh Bailey's presence in Islanders' debut against the Philadel...

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Josh Bailey's presence in Islanders' debut against the Philadel.... In it, Newsday reports that:

It wasn't exactly a dream debut for Josh Bailey. If there's a way you want to finish your first NHL game, it's probably not sitting in the penalty box for a careless high-sticking minor with your team down a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mike

New York, NY

#1 Nov 12, 2008
What is Gordon's Fascination with Nielsen? His face-off ability is mediocre and he hasn't shown much of the speed or physical play that he's dying for. Tambellini has done nothing to prove he's here to stay, but I think they've used him ineffectively, his minutes and line mates are much to go off of. When are we going to see Bailey between tambellini & okposo?

Can they waive Gervais yet?
Phishstyx

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2008
Waive Comrie..Good
gutty

Long Island City, NY

#3 Nov 12, 2008
comrie and Gervais have to go. Unfortunately with Witt, Martinek and Meyer out he is playing when he would have been a healthy scratch or back in Bridgeport. He is simply a plug in player right now with all he injuries on D. He will go soon through. Comrie is simply a guy stuck on a bad team with no desire it seems to be here. Time for him to be traded - we need ensure we win no more than 15 games this year and nab t hat first pick. Knowing Snow he will blow it and trade it so he can take take the next cant miss goalie of the future for when Dipi's contract expires. But on the bright side - we will have 15 picks for rounds 2 - 8
bcarey

Patchogue, NY

#4 Nov 12, 2008
you do realize that there is a draft lottery and having the worst record in the league does not guarantee the first pick.
Doug

New York, NY

#5 Nov 12, 2008
Update on the Charles "Uncle Charlie" Wang ransom to all NY State tax payers with special importance to nassau county:

1.) Housing.
2.) Shopping Mall
3.) Nightlife Center
4.) Lighthouse
5.) New Arena
6.) You pay for all of it.
7.) Lowest payroll in NHL
8.) 3rd highest ticket prices in NHL.
9.) 28 year old rookies (makes nhl minimum)
10.) Goalie gets first start in NHL
in 4 years.(makes nhl minimum)
11.) Last place
12.) Sanjay is in jail.
13.) TV controlled by the Rangers.
14.) Radio is on a college station that you can't get in 1.2 of LI, nevermind NY.
15.) More time, money, and effort spent teaching Chinese kids to play hockey then actually working on the team.
16.) Trade top prospects for Smyth and never request a 24 hour window to sign Smyth. Watch Smyth leave at end of year. Fools.
17.) Hire backup goalie as GM so you don't have to pay him his player contract.
18.) Never fire Mike Milbury, he resigned in shame.
19.) Pass this junk off as professional.
20.) Bring back as many ex Isles greats as possible and give them a night since it is the only way to fill the building.
21.) 20 million under the cap....a complete violation of NHL law.
22.) Bring up 19 yr old who aren't ready and try to ruin them before they can develop....it saves money somehow.
Rharnick

AOL

#6 Nov 12, 2008
Isles are doing exactly what any fan would want them to do. Lose as many games as possible so that they can get the first or second pick and then draft Taveras or the Swedish kid. I say keep Bailey up and pretty soon start trading the vets for draft choices and prospects.
Tim

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 12, 2008
Bailey should have been on the 5-on-3. He looked good. But, predictably, the useless old veterans are out there, led by Guerin, making the most god-awful blind passing attempts that anybody else would be benched for. How many times did our great captain blindly cough up the puck in the first period alone? How many crappy shots from the goal line? Howie Rose--"a PHENOMENAL period for Bill Guerin." Give me a break, Howie. Stop talking about baseball and watch the game. Jaffe then proceeds to dump all over one of the Flyers for making an errant pass, but god forbid he say anything bad about the almighty captain. It's every game with this guy. He's not leading us anywhere. Put the kids out and see what they've got. I knew when we signed Weight that he and Guerin would own the powerplay, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Weight is good for his passing skills, but Guerin is useless. Go ahead, punch drinkers, tell me how great his shot is and how we need him out there as our only legitimate weapon.

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

#8 Nov 12, 2008
Tim wrote:
Bailey should have been on the 5-on-3. He looked good. But, predictably, the useless old veterans are out there, led by Guerin, making the most god-awful blind passing attempts that anybody else would be benched for. How many times did our great captain blindly cough up the puck in the first period alone? How many crappy shots from the goal line? Howie Rose--"a PHENOMENAL period for Bill Guerin." Give me a break, Howie. Stop talking about baseball and watch the game. Jaffe then proceeds to dump all over one of the Flyers for making an errant pass, but god forbid he say anything bad about the almighty captain. It's every game with this guy. He's not leading us anywhere. Put the kids out and see what they've got. I knew when we signed Weight that he and Guerin would own the powerplay, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Weight is good for his passing skills, but Guerin is useless. Go ahead, punch drinkers, tell me how great his shot is and how we need him out there as our only legitimate weapon.
What other bonafide, legitimate weapons do we have on this team?
Tim

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 12, 2008
We don't have any bonafide, legitimate weapons. Guerin's washed up. If the powerplay is going to fail miserably game after game, give the kids a shot and see what they can do. At least they provide some energy and some hope for the future. Gordon needs to start holding these untouchable veterans accountable for sloppy lazy play, just like he would do with one of the youngsters.
wolf

Bronx, NY

#10 Nov 12, 2008
KO should have stayed in college.
wolf

Bronx, NY

#11 Nov 12, 2008
gutty wrote:
comrie and Gervais have to go. Unfortunately with Witt, Martinek and Meyer out he is playing when he would have been a healthy scratch or back in Bridgeport. He is simply a plug in player right now with all he injuries on D. He will go soon through. Comrie is simply a guy stuck on a bad team with no desire it seems to be here. Time for him to be traded - we need ensure we win no more than 15 games this year and nab t hat first pick. Knowing Snow he will blow it and trade it so he can take take the next cant miss goalie of the future for when Dipi's contract expires. But on the bright side - we will have 15 picks for rounds 2 - 8
You people are so stupid.

You want your team to lose , all year no less, so you can get 1st draft choice.
What happened last year ???
You don't get 1st pick by having the worst record. There is a lottery for it.
And seriously, do you really think that next years #1 draft pick is going to turn the whole organization around ??? hahaha
Please
If you could get OV or Crosby right now, it will not win a cup.

Wake up people, your just kidding yourselves.

And start by not listening to Billy jokefee.
Rangers Suck

Pequannock, NJ

#12 Nov 12, 2008
Bailey the next star of tomorrow??? I thought that was Okposo? No no no, it was DiPietro.....wait, I mean
what

Centereach, NY

#13 Nov 12, 2008
Doug wrote:
Update on the Charles "Uncle Charlie" Wang ransom to all NY State tax payers with special importance to nassau county:
1.) Housing.
2.) Shopping Mall
3.) Nightlife Center
4.) Lighthouse
5.) New Arena
6.) You pay for all of it.
7.) Lowest payroll in NHL
8.) 3rd highest ticket prices in NHL.
9.) 28 year old rookies (makes nhl minimum)
10.) Goalie gets first start in NHL
in 4 years.(makes nhl minimum)
11.) Last place
12.) Sanjay is in jail.
13.) TV controlled by the Rangers.
14.) Radio is on a college station that you can't get in 1.2 of LI, nevermind NY.
15.) More time, money, and effort spent teaching Chinese kids to play hockey then actually working on the team.
16.) Trade top prospects for Smyth and never request a 24 hour window to sign Smyth. Watch Smyth leave at end of year. Fools.
17.) Hire backup goalie as GM so you don't have to pay him his player contract.
18.) Never fire Mike Milbury, he resigned in shame.
19.) Pass this junk off as professional.
20.) Bring back as many ex Isles greats as possible and give them a night since it is the only way to fill the building.
21.) 20 million under the cap....a complete violation of NHL law.
22.) Bring up 19 yr old who aren't ready and try to ruin them before they can develop....it saves money somehow.
Your misinformed or just too lazy on most of your points. stop spewing crap
Eddie Hutchinson

Tampa, FL

#14 Nov 12, 2008
Josh Bailey gives all the credit to his girlfriend who never gave up on him during training camp.

http://people.alfred.edu/~rlb4/images/Garconi...
Wolf

United States

#15 Nov 12, 2008
wolf wrote:
KO should have stayed in college.
Just like you should stay at your job at McDonalds wolfpup.
BrkmB

Raleigh, NC

#16 Nov 13, 2008
Tim wrote:
I will admit Guerin does have a good shot, but that still just makes him a bad player instead of horrible. I've always thought Comrie and Guerin go more harm than good, especially since they are the best at the no-look passes to the other team.
NYRfan

Stamford, CT

#17 Nov 13, 2008
wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are so stupid.
You want your team to lose , all year no less, so you can get 1st draft choice.
What happened last year ???
You don't get 1st pick by having the worst record. There is a lottery for it.
And seriously, do you really think that next years #1 draft pick is going to turn the whole organization around ??? hahaha
Please
If you could get OV or Crosby right now, it will not win a cup.
Wake up people, your just kidding yourselves.
And start by not listening to Billy jokefee.
normally one guy would not turn a organazation around. however i think john tavares is going to be that good, its too early to tell but i think tavares is more developed than crosby was at that level, kinda wish the rangers had the pick. but knowing the isles their trade their pick a couple times
NYRfan

Stamford, CT

#18 Nov 13, 2008
Rharnick wrote:
Isles are doing exactly what any fan would want them to do. Lose as many games as possible so that they can get the first or second pick and then draft Taveras or the Swedish kid. I say keep Bailey up and pretty soon start trading the vets for draft choices and prospects.
they cant trade their veterans because nobody wants them. weight and guerin are playing for their final paychecks, sillinger is done and really should not be in the league. the only guys on the team with talent are okposo and hunter and there not even type A players. DP is not a good goalie and is average at best and the team should not build the team around him, he has 12 years left but i think i smell a buyout similar to that of yashins
Battfist

Howell, NJ

#19 Nov 15, 2008
They pay this guy to write this crap...have you watch any games this year? The players are starting to play the system without thinking. And they'll get their two best d-men back soon...The season isnt over after 15 games. Gordon will win coach of the year.

Im guessing some of you are writing comments without watching the games too...this team is improving game-by-game. Anyone critical of Frans clearly hasnt watch much of the Isles this year.
To say Weight and Guerin shouldnt be in the league is diarrhea of the mouth...showing off ur knowledge of hockey.

Look this team will not finish last-Devils will.

The future is now!!!
Bailey is the real deal...lined up KO-the present looks good.

Doug-you need to put Jaffe on the list!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 10
News Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
News Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
News Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
News Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
News Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
News Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1
More from around the web