Okposo's first goal of season quite a relief

Full story: Newsday 12
For a brief moment in Monday's game against the Rangers, Kyle Okposo thought he might have missed his chance to score his first goal of the season. Full Story
wolf

Bronx, NY

#1 Oct 29, 2008
guy is a bust.
Phishstyx

Dallas, TX

#2 Oct 29, 2008
will see about that west village wolf
Fisherman

Flushing, NY

#3 Oct 29, 2008
Okposo, if his talent comes to fruition, will be a star, its DP that is the TOTAL bust!
Mikey

Middletown, NY

#4 Oct 29, 2008
I liked what I saw from the kid Monday night. He needs help around him, just like every other potential star.
gutty

Long Island City, NY

#5 Oct 29, 2008
Guys - the kid is 18 years old. When you were 18 you were probably drinking and smoking in a park and riding around in your cars getting in trouble and having fun. Give him some time. Nobody said he was the next Crosby or Malkin so dont think he is going to be a 100 point player. If he lives up to expectations he will be a 25 - 30 goal player with 30 assists and thats solid. Add this years first pick Tavares plus Bailey and a few guys in the farm and we should be ok. Plus we have a guy in Russia everyone forgets was the steal of this years draft. His contract expires in 2 years at a perfect time when all should start to come together. By tham DP will be retired and we woould have recouped some of the wasted 65 mil so we can get a legit #1 goalie who wont be mistaken for a 3rd d man and wont blow out his body with every butterfly save. I love DP but you look at Lunquivst and wonder what could be if he stayed healthy. The Rags are an ok team with a decent mix of vets and young guys but it is King Henry who wins this team games. he is confident and that allows everyone in front to play and not worry if they screw up.
ILESNYC

Troy, MI

#6 Oct 29, 2008
Long term, do the Islanders really expect DP to be around for the length of his contract? I hope the Islander organization has some type of insurance rider on DP in the event his injuries are career ending. They really need to re-asses the goalie situation. Also. Why all the secrecy in the NHL about player injuries?
Charlie Chan

New York, NY

#7 Oct 29, 2008
Okoposo is no star. He does not have any above average skill like shooting or puckhandling, but should be a very solid player for years.

Now go back to getting taxpayer money to build me my housing, nightlife center, chopping mall, and righthouse.
Ancient Chinese secret, me have payroll 20 million under the salary cap. You sokers, you keep paying high end proces for minor league talent.

you pay....you pay
4therecord

Neptune, NJ

#8 Oct 29, 2008
Okoposo actually has great puckhandling skills at a very young age of 20. He is also said to have a good shot. So far he has missed the net high with a bunch of shots but that accuracy comes with time so im not worried about that. This guy likes go drive and crash to the net which is somethiong the islanders have needed for years now. The only knock I have on Okoposo is that he passes up on a shot too often. I urge him to shoot more but that just shows that he can be a decent playmaker as well. This kid is good, believe it.
Dave

New York, NY

#9 Oct 30, 2008
4therecord wrote:
Okoposo actually has great puckhandling skills at a very young age of 20. He is also said to have a good shot. So far he has missed the net high with a bunch of shots but that accuracy comes with time so im not worried about that. This guy likes go drive and crash to the net which is somethiong the islanders have needed for years now. The only knock I have on Okoposo is that he passes up on a shot too often. I urge him to shoot more but that just shows that he can be a decent playmaker as well. This kid is good, believe it.
you forgot to add that he is a terrible skater, falls down every five minutes.
MIKE

Croton On Hudson, NY

#10 Oct 30, 2008
gutty wrote:
Guys - the kid is 18 years old. When you were 18 you were probably drinking and smoking in a park and riding around in your cars getting in trouble and having fun. Give him some time. Nobody said he was the next Crosby or Malkin so dont think he is going to be a 100 point player. If he lives up to expectations he will be a 25 - 30 goal player with 30 assists and thats solid. Add this years first pick Tavares plus Bailey and a few guys in the farm and we should be ok. Plus we have a guy in Russia everyone forgets was the steal of this years draft. His contract expires in 2 years at a perfect time when all should start to come together. By tham DP will be retired and we woould have recouped some of the wasted 65 mil so we can get a legit #1 goalie who wont be mistaken for a 3rd d man and wont blow out his body with every butterfly save. I love DP but you look at Lunquivst and wonder what could be if he stayed healthy. The Rags are an ok team with a decent mix of vets and young guys but it is King Henry who wins this team games. he is confident and that allows everyone in front to play and not worry if they screw up.
The Islanders won't be around in three years from now so it won't matter anyway-
Wolf

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2008
MIKE wrote:
<quoted text>
The Islanders won't be around in three years from now so it won't matter anyway-
Why? Are you buying the franchise & moving them somewhere else? If not shut up.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!
enough crap already

New York, NY

#12 Oct 31, 2008
They say "if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing" so i'm saying nothing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1

Mike Comrie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE