Islanders beat Blues in home opener

Full story: Newsday 29
If the New York Islanders can score four goals in the first period regularly, it won't matter much who is in net behind them. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Starke

Troy, NY

#1 Oct 11, 2008
O.K. lets not get to excited. Let's remember it was opening night so emotions were very high. This team need's a full 60 min effort. The 3rd period they were to layed back and relied to much on joey. This team could be 2-0 joey just got out deuld by the great devil in net the night before. Next test the sabers. GO ISLANDERS
IslesFan

Hempstead, NY

#2 Oct 11, 2008
i know its a little off topic, but i just have to say that the new goal song is absolutely terrible.
Radek Martinek

Medford, NY

#3 Oct 11, 2008
I'm hurt.... again... what is wrong with me? I'm a great all around defensemen & so valuable to my team but I always seem to get hurt...
Starke

Troy, NY

#4 Oct 11, 2008
The last 2 quotes, what nothing positive to say about the game unreal.
Isles Fan

Haledon, NJ

#5 Oct 11, 2008
IslesFan wrote:
i know its a little off topic, but i just have to say that the new goal song is absolutely terrible.
I agree! I was just at that game...very disappointed in the new goal song!! But it was still an awesome game!
McDonald

Eastchester, NY

#6 Oct 11, 2008
Ronald McDonald in net to lead these clowns to victory. Wheres the 5foot3 player from happauge?
Mikee from Dover DE

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Oct 11, 2008
Best Islanders team after Turgeon, Ferraro, Thomas era, Lets Go Islanders.
I start enjoying hockey again.
Gordon already coach of the year for me.
Bobbay

South Ozone Park, NY

#8 Oct 12, 2008
Great Win!!! Little concerned w/ playing hard all 3 periods. I think this system will be fine for the youngsters but guys like Witt (who I love) looked real tired toward the end. Jon Sim on the squad all year will be huge. At least we know now we have a more than capable backup so DP can get his rest. I'm Psyched!! Go Isles!!!
Bobbay

South Ozone Park, NY

#9 Oct 12, 2008
Oh, does anybody know if the Isles will be on the same channel w/ Time Warner all year?? It was embarrasing last year not being able to find some games. Truly Bush League.
WTF

Bronx, NY

#10 Oct 12, 2008
What happened to the expanded coverage of the Islanders this season. No pre-game opening night. The game was not on the overflow station until after the first period was over and even during the game the channel switched back to C-Span. No pre-game for the hope opener and the post game is the Hockey Night Live which is hosted by the Rag$ biased hosts. Why was Jon Bon Jovi on Hockey Night Live?
Reality Check

East Meadow, NY

#11 Oct 12, 2008
Mikee from Dover DE wrote:
Best Islanders team after Turgeon, Ferraro, Thomas era, Lets Go Islanders.
I start enjoying hockey again.
Gordon already coach of the year for me.
Yeah, with Ronald McDonald between the pipes and Okposo, Mr. Silly and that guy from the Sims, the Cup is ours!
Sarah Palin

New York, NY

#12 Oct 12, 2008
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, with Ronald McDonald between the pipes and Okposo, Mr. Silly and that guy from the Sims, the Cup is ours!
Reality Check:

You like me. You know you want to eat me out. Wanna drop your puck into me? I'd love to bite it off. Oooo Oooo...so Christian...so turgid...Oooo...Oooo...I just plopped out another baby for my Christian daughter (shhhhh!!!!!)...the baby's retarded...Oooo....O....let's bomb Russia and make my little retard the future Rags Saviour...He's coming! Reality Check is coming in me!!!! Yes, yes, yes, let's starve the lower 48! AIP forever!

Since: Oct 08

Freehold, NJ

#13 Oct 12, 2008
WTF wrote:
What happened to the expanded coverage of the Islanders this season. No pre-game opening night. The game was not on the overflow station until after the first period was over and even during the game the channel switched back to C-Span. No pre-game for the hope opener and the post game is the Hockey Night Live which is hosted by the Rag$ biased hosts. Why was Jon Bon Jovi on Hockey Night Live?
Isles=no ratings
John

Schenectady, NY

#14 Oct 12, 2008
Monty Burns wrote:
<quoted text>
Isles=no ratings
Time Warner and MSG plus= biased coverage because owner also owns Rangers.
Politickle teez

Encino, CA

#15 Oct 12, 2008
hey all Isles fans, check out this site

www.myspace.com/politickleteez

ENJOY!!
Snow Job

Floral Park, NY

#16 Oct 12, 2008
McDonald wrote:
Ronald McDonald in net to lead these clowns to victory. Wheres the 5foot3 player from happauge?
Are you looking for the guy who embarrassed the Rangers last year?
4CUPS80S

AOL

#17 Oct 12, 2008
WTF wrote:
Very simple, it's called a conflict of interest. Cablevision owns MSG, Rangers, Knicks, Newsday. Now why is cablevision going to spend money on and promote those teams, Devils, Isles, that are in direct competition with the Rangers? I don't know how this is allowed to go on by the Isles, NHL, or simple corporate law. The lack of attention that the Devils and Isles receive from MSG is so obvious and very biased. Typical cablevision pinching pennies with the lack of Devils and Isles post game shows, trying to sell us on this Hockey Night Live nonsense that is focused mainly on the Rangers. Both Isles and the Devils PR depts. should look into this sham, as both teams are not being promoted to their fullest. Like i said, I don't know how this is not a conflict of interest. It'd be like McDonalds having Burger King to promote the Big Mac.
BringBackGoalSon g

Elmhurst, NY

#18 Oct 12, 2008
Why did the Islanders change their goal song? Everyone at the game last night was shocked. We want the "na na na na na, HEY! na na na na" song back for good whenever the Islanders score a goal!
DUH

New York, NY

#19 Oct 12, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>Time Warner and MSG plus= biased coverage because owner also owns Rangers.
Or maybe it goes by the old adage of people like making money, and the higher rated team gets on the higher rated station?
Vidal Sasson

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Oct 12, 2008
Listen fools, we shold be a little excited with the thought this team can perform at level they have so far in the first two games. And second did anyone notice Ron Du-gay acting like a sexual predator when they were discussing the chick who dropped the puck at the flyer - fag-anger game. wierd sheet like a chils molester would act. nice choice of the predator with al trader. Out-rangers sux.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1
More from around the web