Isles' DiPietro might return to practice Friday

Full story: Newsday 30
There are books written about patience, but Islanders fans don't appear inclined to read up on that great virtue and the Islanders themselves just don't have the time. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NYRfan

Stamford, CT

#21 Dec 16, 2008
Colin Citra-Florida wrote:
Torts was no good with young players or he would still be in Tampa.Melrose was better as a stand up on ESPN.Quenneville wanted a ready made team.Thats why they are not here.There has to be a time when NEW FACES appear.The way champ4 sounds,once these coaches that are around now die off,hockey will not be around anymore.So we are getting ourselves ready for minor league hockey now.We'll be at the top of our game.LOL
I kind of hope Tortorella does not return to coaching because I love his work at TSN as a hockey analyst. Probably one of the best analyst's on TV right now for any sport.
Busey

Melville, NY

#22 Dec 16, 2008
Torts was no good with young players or he would still be in Tampa.Melrose was better as a stand up on ESPN.Quenneville wanted a ready made team.Thats why they are not here.There has to be a time when NEW FACES appear.The way champ4 sounds,once these coaches that are around now die off,hockey will not be around anymore.So we are getting ourselves ready for minor league hockey now.We'll be at the top of our game.LOL
ummm..didn't he win a Stanley Cup with some young guys named Lecavier,Richards and St. Louis?

There were only 5 guys over 30 on that team....

So I'm assuming you are just regurgitating some stuff you read online and you have no clue what you are talking about.
Colin Citra-Florida

New York, NY

#23 Dec 17, 2008
One Stanley Cup does not make you a good coach.As for the players you named ,they shut down on him.They got to big for him and he did'nt know what to do.
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#24 Dec 17, 2008
One Stanley Cup does not make you a good coach.As for the players you named ,they shut down on him.They got to big for him and he did'nt know what to do.
Maybe if the Lighting has steady goaltending, they'd have had more success. Tortz got them to win, and take a look at where Lecaviler was in scoring last year and the previous year.
Busey

Melville, NY

#25 Dec 17, 2008
Obviously,

Any idiot coach can win a cup...

thats why everyone does it.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#26 Dec 17, 2008
Barry Melrose won a cup didnt he or made it to the finals?
He is the worst coach ever....
Busey

Melville, NY

#27 Dec 17, 2008
Battfist wrote:
Barry Melrose won a cup didnt he or made it to the finals?
He is the worst coach ever....
he only coached 3 years...how can he be the "worst coach ever"
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#28 Dec 18, 2008
Busey wrote:
<quoted text>
he only coached 3 years...how can he be the "worst coach ever"
Yuo can coach one year and still be condsidered a terrible coach.
Busey

Melville, NY

#29 Dec 18, 2008
Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Joe Torre is also a terrible manager.
Busey

Melville, NY

#30 Dec 18, 2008
Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have a point though.... its only been 30 games and I can tell that Gordon is a complete moron.

So I stand corrected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1
More from around the web