Isles' DiPietro might return to pract...

Isles' DiPietro might return to practice Friday

There are 30 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Isles' DiPietro might return to practice Friday. In it, Newsday reports that:

There are books written about patience, but Islanders fans don't appear inclined to read up on that great virtue and the Islanders themselves just don't have the time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

New York, NY

#1 Dec 16, 2008
Please stop writing about this jerk....nobody cares about him-
kallur

Andes, NY

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Seems to me Comrie was injured when he signed his $4-million deal. If I were the Isles I'd look into fraud.
skating on sand

Henderson, NV

#3 Dec 16, 2008
Comrie not comfortable with the system? It's more like he isn't comfortable with putting an effort into the game. Teamwork? That means you too Comrie, like no blind passes in either zone. He is good trade material for some team looking to boost their playoff chances. He hasn't done a thing on this team.

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#4 Dec 16, 2008
Mike wrote:
Please stop writing about this jerk....nobody cares about him-
i'm sure isle's fans are still interested in hearing about when he's due back, along with the other injured players. what i don't understand is how all these newsday reporters seem to delight in almost bashing the fans themselves over the state of the team. it's ridiculous and that's what i think nobody cares to hear about. why not write more about who IS going to be playing tonight. an opportunity to see ovechkin play isn't too shabby for any hockey fan.
champ4

AOL

#5 Dec 16, 2008
will somone fire this coach more and more injuries!!!!!!!!!! i hate this coach!!!!!!!!!! there all due this system does anyone see or read the injuries? we have no one left..... hello......what a f/;.'[ mess wake up snow ......no one is going to want to play here or come here they playing is their jobs and their dreamed career. do you think they want injuries to stop them from playin.... im sorry this is out of hand.... if no one else see this out there or who writes on this message board..you need a reality checkkkkkkkk ....
champ4

AOL

#6 Dec 16, 2008
im sorry the injuries are his system...
champ4

AOL

#7 Dec 16, 2008
no one will get healthy and forget this year we will not be a whole team.to many out and they keep on comming.... fire the coach.... until then nothin is going to happen......i really am sadened this year.....
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#8 Dec 16, 2008
skating on sand wrote:
Comrie not comfortable with the system? It's more like he isn't comfortable with putting an effort into the game. Teamwork? That means you too Comrie, like no blind passes in either zone. He is good trade material for some team looking to boost their playoff chances. He hasn't done a thing on this team.
He was on fire at the beginning of last season for the Isles.
Colin Citra-Florida

New York, NY

#9 Dec 16, 2008
Hey Champ4 you should be sadened.You sound like you don't believe in a high tempo game.Guess you could'nt be a Montreal,Detroit,Chicago fan ,because the game is to fast for you.Injuries happen no matter what system you play.Deal with them.Funny how the so called older players are'nt getting hurt just the kids.If thwe system does'nt work ,how come Bridgeport is playing the same systemand winning?
Just a thought

Andover, MA

#10 Dec 16, 2008
What kind of a lead was that in this article? All of your fellow Newsday writers constantly say things like, "I don't know how Isles fans put up with this mess year after year," but you write we have no patience? After all these years, and with the countless steps backwards, yes, a lot of fans are antsy...justifiably so, I'd say. But those of us that have stuck around...please, don't question our patience!
Dr Phil

AOL

#11 Dec 16, 2008
Wise up. If you don't write favorably about the Islanders, Wang, Snow, or Gordon, you don't have access to the players, or hitch a ride on the team plane to road games. It's like Nixon's enemies list. Just listen to Howie and Billy on the TV. Nothing wrong with Islander management to them.
Marty Glickman

Spartanburg, SC

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Woa.....Little Ricky is on the way back. Better start planning the parade route down Old Country Road.

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

#13 Dec 16, 2008
Champ4...relax. It's frustrating as he'll that all of these guys are in and out with injuires, I'm with you. That's why we should allow for DP to stay sidelined all season so maybe he'll play 1 1/2 seasons healthy. Let al of the kids have a shot in the NHL. Let's see what this system does. It does work in Bridgeport so there has to be something said for that.

Let's just continue to hope this all isn't one big waste of time and we develop a perennial winning team!!
champ4

AOL

#14 Dec 16, 2008
there is nothing said for the system in bridgport,working because again because of 60 minutes of bridgeport hockey is only equal to 40 minutes at the nhl level.this is why islanders as constituted can only play two periods and die in the third injuries are being not only insterted in the games but in practice.i mean look at the list of the players who are sidlinded for injuries lokk at them.....and then you tell me this is not this coach. did anyone see the game that they asked stan the man...if he favored the coached system and he said: i didnt say i liked it: does that not tell all of you its the system...we are easiley the laughing stock of the nhl again get rid of the front office.....
champ4

AOL

#15 Dec 16, 2008
another thing has it we had other coaches avl that would have taken the job.{eg tortarella,quenneville,melrose would prob take it now.basically :you get what you pay for: and thats it.....
Battfist

United States

#16 Dec 16, 2008
Lets Go Isles wrote:
Champ4...relax. It's frustrating as he'll that all of these guys are in and out with injuires, I'm with you. That's why we should allow for DP to stay sidelined all season so maybe he'll play 1 1/2 seasons healthy. Let al of the kids have a shot in the NHL. Let's see what this system does. It does work in Bridgeport so there has to be something said for that.
Let's just continue to hope this all isn't one big waste of time and we develop a perennial winning team!!
Well said...I agree-at least give it a FAIR chance.

Also-how can you blame injuries on a system?
Frans injury-dirty hit.
KO's-wasnt that a slash to his arm?!
Comrie-well--anyway
Martinek-smashed into the boards-clean hit...
DP-just his nature...
Sillinger-major surgery
Witt-knee on knee

Maybe its just me-but those injuries you cant blame Gordon nor his system.
AOL guy-Im as frustrated as you my friend!
Colin Citra-Florida

New York, NY

#17 Dec 16, 2008
Torts was no good with young players or he would still be in Tampa.Melrose was better as a stand up on ESPN.Quenneville wanted a ready made team.Thats why they are not here.There has to be a time when NEW FACES appear.The way champ4 sounds,once these coaches that are around now die off,hockey will not be around anymore.So we are getting ourselves ready for minor league hockey now.We'll be at the top of our game.LOL
red white and blue

Holtsville, NY

#18 Dec 16, 2008
Colin Citra-Florida wrote:
Hey Champ4 you should be sadened.You sound like you don't believe in a high tempo game.Guess you could'nt be a Montreal,Detroit,Chicago fan ,because the game is to fast for you.Injuries happen no matter what system you play.Deal with them.Funny how the so called older players are'nt getting hurt just the kids.If thwe system does'nt work ,how come Bridgeport is playing the same systemand winning?
How can you say this has been a fast-tempo game??????? The only thing I have seen is our bteam chasing the puck in their end all of the time!! There is no system...never has been one...no one is on the same page...and yes this system is just not built for this team rookie nor veteran!!! Honestly, at this point a trade will not shake up this team...perhaps since Ricky red-light has been out...we should have just picked up a veteran goalie for help. One last item is our D...especially Witt & Sutton...these two should be clearing the other teams fowards out of our end...instead others are just skating in ot their own leisure...opposing players should be scared Shhit of these two!!!
red white and blue

Holtsville, NY

#19 Dec 16, 2008
Lets Go Isles wrote:
Its called the AHL not the NHL thats why it works!!! Horrible coaching selection!!
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#20 Dec 16, 2008
Colin Citra-Florida wrote:
Torts was no good with young players or he would still be in Tampa.Melrose was better as a stand up on ESPN.Quenneville wanted a ready made team.Thats why they are not here.There has to be a time when NEW FACES appear.The way champ4 sounds,once these coaches that are around now die off,hockey will not be around anymore.So we are getting ourselves ready for minor league hockey now.We'll be at the top of our game.LOL
Yeah, cause Tortz really screwe Lecaviller up (sorry, I cant spell his name, but Im sure you know im being sarcastic).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mike Comrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 10
News Mike Comrie retires from NHL after undergoing t... (Feb '12) Feb '12 candyee 1
News Pittsburgh Penguins Are On Fire: But a Question... (Dec '10) Jan '11 Marissa 2 14
News Hilary Duff engaged to NHL player (Feb '10) Feb '10 soWhat 1
News Pieces falling into place for refreshed Oilers (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Tupp 2
News Oilers sign Mike Comrie (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jack Tupp 1
News Heatley? Hell no (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jack Tupp 1
More from around the web