Pittsburgh Penguins win Stanley Cup

The second time was the charm for the Pittsburgh Penguins . A year after watching the Detroit Red Wings celebrate winning the Stanley Cup on home ice, the Penguins denied them a replay Friday night with a 2-1 victory over the Wings in Game 7 at Joe Louis Arena. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Tell the Truth

United States

#1 Jun 12, 2009
Congratulations to the Penguins. They did a heck of a job keeping the Wings from scoring the tying goal. They also had a little bit of luck, but that's not all bad. It was a great Game 7.
Winged Wheel

Brighton, MI

#2 Jun 12, 2009
Congrats to all the Pittsburgh fans. The Penguins played great all series. The hit hard, shut down the Wings offence, back checked great and really outplayed the Wings in every game except game 5. Games 1 and 2 they really outplayed the Wings but hit a few posts and the Wings got a few bounces to go their way. Congrats to the Steel City they now have the Lombardi and the Stanley Cup. Have a fun summer with Lord Stanley!!
Bubba

Valparaiso, IN

#3 Jun 12, 2009
Congrats Penguins! Woot!
eddie shore

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 12, 2009
DETROIT SUCKS DYNASTY IS DEAD THE TIMES ARE CHANGIN
Ginger

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Jun 12, 2009
Congratulations to the Pens fans, Penquins played great tonight on their final moment I am so very proud of them.
The Trout

Coupeville, WA

#6 Jun 12, 2009
eddie shore wrote:
DETROIT SUCKS DYNASTY IS DEAD THE TIMES ARE CHANGIN
I'm not so sure, Eddie. The Wings are still one of the most amazing teams I've ever seen, but your 'Hawks are sure breathing down their necks. I've been saying all year that the 'Hawks are basically last year's Pens, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in the finals next year.
chip

Homosassa, FL

#7 Jun 12, 2009
shout out to classy wings fans. great hockey town, but the cup resides in the burgh. these guys are soooooo young. many more to come?
olduffman

Sarnia, Canada

#8 Jun 12, 2009
All I can say is now we will not be remined endlessly that Chicago is the last team to lose game 7 in there own barn.Detroit get use to it . Knowall proved he is the coward we all new he was runs players when they don't have the puck but afraid to handle it in is own end when he might get hit check the +/-.And Hossa wow ever heard of KARMA locked to good on him .
Osgood " I just win " sorry you for team Canada or MVP never might as well been standing in the corner on the 2nd goal wings get back in line your just one of 29 that did not win .Wing fansYour arrogance doomed you THE HAWKS will take you out next year if your old rich for life Euro show up GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!
The Trout

Coupeville, WA

#9 Jun 12, 2009
Winged Wheel wrote:
Congrats to all the Pittsburgh fans. The Penguins played great all series. The hit hard, shut down the Wings offence, back checked great and really outplayed the Wings in every game except game 5. Games 1 and 2 they really outplayed the Wings but hit a few posts and the Wings got a few bounces to go their way. Congrats to the Steel City they now have the Lombardi and the Stanley Cup. Have a fun summer with Lord Stanley!!
Hey, WW, may I just say one thing about the Wings offseason moves? Kronwall, as good a hitter as he usually is, is not a top-line defenseman. He's too slow to shut down really good offensive players, and he REALLY doesn't have the shooting skills to play the point on the PP. I know they like him as an intimidator out there, but he's so much of a liability in every other area, they need to demote him to sixth or defenseman, and get someone in there who can really play the position. Just my opinion.
The Trout

Coupeville, WA

#10 Jun 12, 2009
Oh, and another thing: it looks like he practices his checking by smashing his face against big rocks.
Ginger

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jun 12, 2009
olduffman wrote:
All I can say is now we will not be remined endlessly that Chicago is the last team to lose game 7 in there own barn.Detroit get use to it . Knowall proved he is the coward we all new he was runs players when they don't have the puck but afraid to handle it in is own end when he might get hit check the +/-.And Hossa wow ever heard of KARMA locked to good on him .
Osgood " I just win " sorry you for team Canada or MVP never might as well been standing in the corner on the 2nd goal wings get back in line your just one of 29 that did not win .Wing fansYour arrogance doomed you THE HAWKS will take you out next year if your old rich for life Euro show up GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!
Yeah go Hawks. The Pens put the Wings into their history so can you Hawks next year.
Robyn

Jackson Center, PA

#12 Jun 12, 2009
Thanks from Pittsburgh! The Wings are an amazing team and I really wasn't sure if the Pens could do it. But I'm sure glad we did. Once again Pittsburgh is the CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!!
olduffman

Sarnia, Canada

#13 Jun 12, 2009
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah go Hawks. The Pens put the Wings into their history so can you Hawks next year.
Hey Ginger have a great summer hang in there are time is near bet on the Hawks next year for sure.GO HAWKS!!!!

Since: May 09

Downers Grove IL

#14 Jun 12, 2009
The Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so sure, Eddie. The Wings are still one of the most amazing teams I've ever seen, but your 'Hawks are sure breathing down their necks. I've been saying all year that the 'Hawks are basically last year's Pens, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in the finals next year.
Well put Trout, my feelings exactly, being a Wings fan in Chicago.
Paul

Oak Forest, IL

#15 Jun 12, 2009
Classless Detroit fans as they booed loudly when the Pens received the Cup.

Great Series.
Mel

Chicago, IL

#16 Jun 12, 2009
Still not sure if the Penguins are the better team but towards the end of the season and during the playoffs they got so HOT! Going down to the Wings 0-2 then winning the last game on Detroit ice the Penguins had many a rabbit's foot in their pockets but as they say sometimes it's better to be lucky than to be good. Congratulations. Wings fans must feel beyond terrible as each Penguin lifted the Stanley Cup in the Joe Louis Arena. Ouch! Nothing to be ashamed about but it has gotta hurt.
Expect some changes to the Wings.
PensFan

Carnegie, PA

#17 Jun 12, 2009
Hey Hossa....no, the Pens don't want to sign you next year so you can have another shot at the cup....ha ha ha!!!
Keith_Chicago

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Jun 12, 2009
Sure was kind da disapointed on my part I could not be there tonight to see the PENS kissing the CUP. Better yet they took the cup away from the wings at their own stadium.

Once again the best will beat the best. Congrats Penquins and thanks for an awesome games WINGS and PENS. See you next series. GO HAWKS GO.
Ben Kenobi

Mundelein, IL

#20 Jun 12, 2009
Paul wrote:
Classless Detroit fans as they booed loudly when the Pens received the Cup.
Great Series.
They were booing Bettman.
Your Creator

Chicago, IL

#21 Jun 12, 2009
Hooray for Detroit losing. Bonus for a cool team like the Penguins to do the beating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maxime Talbot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Briere's hat trick with 5.3 seconds left in OT ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Marissa 2 1
Jagr leads Flyers to victory in return to Pitts... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Marissa 2 1
Penguins doing their best to forget blowout (Jun '09) Dec '09 The Trout 3
Jackets-Penguins preview | The Columbus Dispatch (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jacketgent 1
Thousands of black-and-gold laden Penguins fans... (Jun '09) Jul '09 JPP 5
Detroit Red Wings reduce Pittsburgh Penguins to... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Bob Roberts 148
Pittsburgh Penguins even Stanley Cup series (Jun '09) Jun '09 Effigy of the For... 99
More from around the web