Gervais brings upbeat personality to Islanders

Full story: Newsday

Islanders defenseman Bruno Gervais keeps the team loose and is playing a larger role on the ice.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of106
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ken

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

who is tim 'jackson'?
bhockey47

East Setauket, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

Judged:

ken wrote:
who is tim 'jackson'?
It's the quality of Newsday...that's what we get when; should we refer to this rag as a newspaper? that's what we get when Newsday puts a Ranger Rag Writer on the Islander beat...

As if last week's article on Josh Bailey by the same knuckle headed writer who's by line appears on this article...

Maybe Newsday should be considering the move to Kansas City...
Battfist

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

Is this dope for real...Tim Jackson?
Screw this paper...bunch of idiots.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

which thread was it where you wrote the rangers aren't making the playoffs? maybe Doc will know
ogam5

West Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

Man, do I love the guys on this team - Bruno, like Josh, Kyle and Mark (just to name a few) is clearly another very articulate and thoughtful Islander and, like him, I kinda wish it were October 1st already myself - it is equally clear that this will be a team with which to be reckoned next season (the addition of Tavares can only vault them into playoff contention, if he steps into the lineup immediately) - and, while it may be premature, I'm getting a strong mid-Seventies kinda feeling again.....

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

ogam5 wrote:
Man, do I love the guys on this team - Bruno, like Josh, Kyle and Mark (just to name a few) is clearly another very articulate and thoughtful Islander and, like him, I kinda wish it were October 1st already myself - it is equally clear that this will be a team with which to be reckoned next season (the addition of Tavares can only vault them into playoff contention, if he steps into the lineup immediately)- and, while it may be premature, I'm getting a strong mid-Seventies kinda feeling again.....
but how are their personalities?

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

ogam5 wrote:
Man, do I love the guys on this team - Bruno, like Josh, Kyle and Mark (just to name a few) is clearly another very articulate and thoughtful Islander and, like him, I kinda wish it were October 1st already myself - it is equally clear that this will be a team with which to be reckoned next season (the addition of Tavares can only vault them into playoff contention, if he steps into the lineup immediately)- and, while it may be premature, I'm getting a strong mid-Seventies kinda feeling again.....
Kansas City is getting one heck of a pationate team.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Kansas City is getting one heck of a pationate team.
Pffft..bunch of loosers if you ask me.

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

roger43 wrote:
which thread was it where you wrote the rangers aren't making the playoffs? maybe Doc will know
Not sure off hand but I think it was the same one where he looked at the schedule and scoffed at the notion of the Rangers going 7-3 in their next 10 games. That was 8 games ago and they are 6-2. His credibility is soaring.

“Hoping LI moves past the 70's”

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

I for one never said that the Rangers couldnt make the playoffs, I just predict a likely one and done once because I dont think they have the gamebreakers who can pull anything off. But, they might surprise everyone and win a round. Good for you, I guess.

The one thing I dont get though is that there are plenty of Rangers articles on which you can go on about them- so why do you have to go onto an article about Bruno Gervais and talk about them here? I dont get it. All you are doing is inviting the same kinds of offtopic stupidness in your own teams threads. WTH is the point?
Okpososamonkey

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

The Islanders will suck just as bad next season as they did this season-
Effigy of the Forgotten

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

TheMetalChick wrote:
I for one never said that the Rangers couldnt make the playoffs, I just predict a likely one and done once because I dont think they have the gamebreakers who can pull anything off. But, they might surprise everyone and win a round. Good for you, I guess.
The one thing I dont get though is that there are plenty of Rangers articles on which you can go on about them- so why do you have to go onto an article about Bruno Gervais and talk about them here? I dont get it. All you are doing is inviting the same kinds of offtopic stupidness in your own teams threads. WTH is the point?
People said the Rangers would be 1 and done last year vs 'fatso' and the Devils, too.

Me, I just read almost all of the hockey articles and I like to see what people have to say.

How's Lundqvist treating your fantasy hockey team ?
Battfist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

TheMetalChick wrote:
Dnt give in...there is no point.

If they believe their team is better than what it really is than thats their problem.
Horatio Worthington Smith

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffft..bunch of loosers if you ask me.
No,,no one asked you, so clam up, loser.

“Hoping LI moves past the 70's”

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Effigy of the Forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
People said the Rangers would be 1 and done last year vs 'fatso' and the Devils, too.
Me, I just read almost all of the hockey articles and I like to see what people have to say.
How's Lundqvist treating your fantasy hockey team ?
Its my bye week... thats one of the benefits of being #1 in my league.:D BTW, I picked up Antropov as a last minute fill-in for an injury when he was still a Leaf, but Ive kept him since. I figured hey, at least I know he is going to get the ice time lol.

And I read all the local hockey articles, too... but I dont troll Rangers articles. You have to admit that those who DO are just inviting the same kind of stupid stuff.

“Trying is...”

the first step towards failure

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

Horatio Worthington Smith wrote:
<quoted text>No,,no one asked you, so clam up, loser.
Not sure if you understand the format, but I can chime in at will.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

TheMetalChick wrote:
BC battfist said on and Isles board (like that matters) that the rangers would have the same tee times as the isles. battfist doesn't have a profile so i can't click on it to see where he posted last. just saw him and asked. this is not rocket science here Metal. it's really all very simple on how this whole msgboard thing works.
and battfist, i'm a freakin isles fan for the millionth time. i'm just a realist which puts me in the minority. i'm not much of a hockey fan anymore but i'm not a dope and i can see how well the rangers are playing and they're certainly gonna make the playoffs. these qualifiers about them being one and done works both ways but in order for that to work, your team has to make it too. please don't argue that the isles are better off not making the playoffs. Please.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you understand the format, but I can chime in at will.
You mean this is an open forum? What a concept...

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
Dnt give in...there is no point.
If they believe their team is better than what it really is than thats their problem.
Yeah, kind of like you when the Islanders went on little rolls here and there. Et tu Battfist???

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean this is an open forum? What a concept...
Dabble away !.....oh, not THAT kind of open, tee-hee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of106
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mark Streit Discussions

Search the Mark Streit Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Capellini: Islanders Are Forever Stuck Living T... (Feb '13) Feb '13 So Frustrated 1
Islanders rally to beat Flames (Mar '10) Mar '10 former islander fan 2
Around the NHL | BlueJacketsXtra (Mar '10) Mar '10 whatever 1
Isles might go after free agent goaltender (Jun '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 55
Analysis: Will Isles' decision not to add tough... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Feces For Jesus 38
Islanders on the clock: Tavares, Hedman, Duchen... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Clem 1
Isles' 9-0 loss is worst in franchise history (Apr '09) Apr '09 David Volek 137
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••