Chara hit could hurt hockey viewershi...

Chara hit could hurt hockey viewership in Canada: survey

There are 7 comments on the Canada.com story from Sep 15, 2011, titled Chara hit could hurt hockey viewership in Canada: survey. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Max Pacioretty lies on the ice after being hit into a glass stanchion by Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara during action at the Bell Centre Tuesday, March 8. It's not unusual for hockey fans to get upset over incidents of violence, but results of a new survey suggest many Canadians are ready to turn the channel to something besides hockey because of the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#1 Sep 15, 2011
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/spor...

THE LINK ABOVE IS FOR EVERYONE THAT SAID THE HIT BY CHARA WAS CLEAN

NEXT TO THE STORY ABOUT NO BAN ON HEAD SHOTS IS A STILL OF WHERE CHARA'S RIGHT HAND AND ARM WERE THE MOMENT MAX PACIORETTY WAS PUSHED INTO THAT STANSION, AND APPROXIMATELY 5 FULL SECONDS AFTER THE PUCK, THAT MAX HIMSELF HAD DUMPED INTO THE BRUINS ZONE, HAD CROSSED THE BRUINS GOAL LINE IN THE SW CORNER OF THE BELL CENTER.

CLEARLY HE IS, IN THAT PHOTO ALONE, IN VIOLATION OF NOT ONE , NOT TWO, BUT AT LEAST THREE CLEAR CUT NHL RULES. INCLUDING TOUCHING A PLAYERS FACE OR HEAD WITH YOUR GLOVE.

ALL OF THEM, ON THE BOOKS AS DEFINITIVE NHL RULE BO0K INFRACTIONS.

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#2 Sep 15, 2011
SORRY, THAT WAS HIS LEFT HAND AND ARM...MY BAD...BUT IT CHANGES NOTHING....CHARA CLEARLY WAS IN VIOLATION OF SEVERAL RULES, THE LEAST OF WHICH ARE INTERFEREENCE {HE HAD NOT HELD POSESSION OF THE PUCK FOR AT LEAST 8 FULL SECONDS BY THE TIME THE HIT OCCURRED} AS WELL AS INTENT TO INJURE...I'M NOT EVEN MENTIONING THESE.

AND WHATS IS STILL RATTLING MY BRAIN IS HOW IN THE FUCK THE NHL SAW FIT TO AWARD CHARA THE "GENTLEMAN OF THE YEAR" TROPHY AFTER WITNESSING HIM COMMITTING HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF HAND AND FACE VIOLATIONS WITH THIS SAME LEFT HAND AND ARM HE USED TO ATTEMPT TO INJURE MAX.

AND ANYONE, THAT CAN LOOK AT THAT PICTURE AND NOT SAY, YUP, THAT IS 100% INTENT TO INJURE REALLY DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING CLUE WHAT CHARA DID, HOW HE DID IT, AND WHAT IT TRULY REPRESENTS...AND WHAT IT TRULY REPRESENTS IS A SITUATION IN WHICH ONE PLAYER, WHO'S TEAMMATE HAPPENED TO BE THE SON OF THE HEAD OF OFFICATING AT THE TIME THIS ALL OCCURED AND WHO HAS SINCE RESIGNED BECAUSE DOZENS UPON DOZENS OF CONTROVERSIAL EMAILS WERE DISCOVERED PROVING HIS OWN BIAS IN HIS RULINGS THROUGH THE PAST 6 YEARS AT LEAST IN FAVOR OF THE BOSTON BRUINS...CO-INCIDENTLY...THE ENTIRE TIME HIS SON HAD BEEN PART OF THE BRUINS ORGANIZATION.

CHARA HIT APPROXIMATELY 37 DIFFERENT PLAYERS ON 32 DIFFERENT TEAMS SEVERAL TIMES EACH IN THE HEAD WITH HIS GLOVED HAND AND WAS NOT PENALIZED IN ANY OF THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES...NOT EVEN ONCE.

HE IS CLEARLY BEING GIVEN PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT WHCIH CONTINUES TO THIS DAY AND IS BEYIND ANY DOUBT THE SINGLE BIGGEST GOON IN HOCKEY TODAY, AND I HAVE TO SAY THIS, IF I WERE PLAYING TODAY AND WERE ON THE ICE OPPOSITE THIS GUY, I WOULD BREAK BOTH HIS KNEES INSIDE OF 20 SECONDS AND TAKE THE LIFETIME SUSPENSION TO DO IT.

I AM UTTERLY AMAZED THAT NONE IN THE HABS MGMT HAS EVEN CONSIDERED THROWING A JOURNEY MAN AT CHARA TO DO JUST THAT, UTERERLY AMAZED, WHERE i COME FROM, WHAT HE DID TO MAX, IS SOMETHING THAT 100% GETS AVENGED, AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT TAKES 3 YEARS TO DO IT, IT HAS TO BE DONE.

THE HABS MGMT TEAM IS MADE UP OF NOTHING LESS THAN 4 COMPLETE AND MASSIVE RETARDED COWARD PUSSIES WHO HAVE NO CLUE WHICH GESTURES CONTRIBUTE TO A WINING TEAM AND FRANCHISE, AND WHICH GESTRURES LEAD TO LOOSING SEASON AFTER LOOSING SEASON AFTER LOOSING SEASON.
Labatts

Bancroft, Canada

#3 Sep 17, 2011
I hear you. But there is absolutely F8Ck all we can do now.
The NHL enforcement of head shots is a joke up to this point.
But saying that and with all do respect there is a new man at the helm......and we will soon see how he plans to take head shots out.
The biggest problem is BETTMAN....Hes an ASSH**E from head to toe.
If he keeps his nose out of that part of the business, there is a chance to clean it up.
Look most guys here played the game....maybe not at this level....but understand the game and the emotion out there and all that team chemistry and sticking up for one another....going to battle together....and saying that sh(t happens....players make mistakes......good players are going to commit the crime of heat shots as well....
The NHL Just has to be consistent with the punishment..
Lets face it....the first 2weeks there will be a head shot....the question is spartacus..How will the NHL react and what punishment will be delivered....and wilkl the next one and then the third, 4th, 5th, 6th etc etc....fit the crime and be consistent..
Fans are okay with the punishment....what pisses them off is the inconsistency and sometimes lack of games given....especially when its to one of their players.
Labatts

Bancroft, Canada

#4 Sep 17, 2011
Oh yeah...I loved your last paragraph of your second post....Its 100% true...

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#5 Sep 17, 2011
AGREED, I'M JUST STILL WHINNING LIKE A BIAATCH OVER THAT HIT only becauyse so many people said it was not any kind of penalty.
Labatts

Minden, Canada

#6 Sep 17, 2011
Your not whinning.....Those people are FU**ed...If that was one of their players they would of been freakin out...There hab hatters...And its that kind of thinking on their part that is making it difficult to fix the problem.
The fans and the league need to judge all head shot fairly....most of those who thought it wasnt a penalty just out right hate montreal or were boston fans....The rest of the doubters were those idiots that make the last decision...had nothing to do with the stanchions and quite frankly Don Cherry really pissed me off when he made those comments..

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#7 Sep 18, 2011
i'm glad they changed them in Montreal already. the stanshions that is.

at least it won't happen here again...we hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marc Savard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston Bruins playoff tickets go on sale Wednes... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Tony 1
News Stuck in funk, Michael Ryder sits one out (Mar '11) Mar '11 David Locke 1
News Penguins Matt Cooke Suspended 14+ Games Over Bl... (Mar '11) Mar '11 peckerhead in par... 1
News Ottawa's Bobby Butler celebrates his penalty sh... (Sep '10) Sep '10 ray emond 1
News Bruins draft Seguin with No. 2 pick - Sentinel ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 dmc 5
News Latest News: Cooke agrees to three-year deal wi... (Jun '10) Jun '10 denise 1
News Carbonneau: Can Montreal pull off another upset? (May '10) May '10 pure2play 1
More from around the web