Montreal Canadiens sign defenceman Josh Gorges to one-year contract

There are 20 comments on the Fox News story from Jul 24, 2011, titled Montreal Canadiens sign defenceman Josh Gorges to one-year contract. In it, Fox News reports that:

The Montreal Canadiens signed defenceman Josh Gorges to a one-year contract on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#1 Jul 26, 2011
IT'S A ONE YEAR DEAL AND i DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL.

I FEEL THAT GEORGES IS NTO A "COMPANY MAN" AND IF HE WERE HE WOULD JUST STOP SIGNING THESE RETARDED ONE YEAR DEALS...AND THE REASON HE DOES, IS CAUSE HE CANNOT GET ANY MORE THAN THAT, HE'S ALWAYS ON THE FENCE.

THIS IS A GUY WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN WAY WAY MORE ROPE THAN BENOIT POULLIOT WAS.

i am uttelry amazed that a team that is suposed to be focusing on winning a stanley cup is going ahead with run of the mill cannot rise above players like this one.

AND LETS FACT IT, HE'S DONE WAY WAY LESS...IN FACT...HE'S THE NEXT IN LINE FOR BRISEBOISE'S CROWN AS "BLOWN TIRE" king...AS WELL AS..."COULDN'T HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN" king.
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#2 Jul 26, 2011
Other than the Budaj and cole signing ,the habs have not really done dic this summer to improve this team.. Budaj was a great signing,but the jury is still out on cole as far as i am concerned,because he has become a good one year bad next year type of player..The goaltending should be much better this year if Budaj does not get hurt..
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jul 26, 2011
Budaj will be opening the door from the bench . lol

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#4 Jul 26, 2011
Im not sure what to think excpet this.

The whole meantlity of the MGMT team has to change from, "we're going to try to make the playoffs" to...
"Anything less than a conference final and THEN WINNING a shot at the cup this year is UNACCEPTABlE"

WIHT HE MANTALITY THE WAY IT IS, THERE'S NO MOTIVATIONAL FORCE DRIVING THIS TEAM TO EXCEED, WHICH IS WHAT IT NEEDS EMPLOYED, BECAUSE THE PERSONELL JUST INSN'T THERE TO WARRENT A CUP PROPELL A CUP RUN.
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#5 Jul 26, 2011
Touchy this morning lian rian ?? I guess you are not a morning person. Price will be in charge of skate sharpening when Budaj takes over in nets.. Its going to be so exciting !!!
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#6 Jul 26, 2011
U wanna make that bet dev ? I'll bet you Budaj does not take over for price . Just a fun bet , no stakes . What do you say pumpkin?
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#7 Jul 26, 2011
Im not betting with you or equatard the chickenshit.. cause you two just cant be trusted and back away from agreed deals... Lets say that if im wrong you can rub it in my face,and ill rub it in your face if im right... nothing different than what is going on now...You sure are snarly these days and whats with the name calling ?? I thought you were above that ?
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#8 Jul 26, 2011
name calling ? what names are you talking about ? does pumpkin offend you ? if it does , i'm sorry .

As for the betting , you where the one who backed away from me last time and since i said it was just a fun bet , there's not anything at stake . I don't see how or why you'd back away ( especially when you say i can rub it your face ).

But if that's how you leave it , then great . I will be the first one to remind you when Budaj is sitting on the bench all year ( baring a injury to price ).
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#9 Jul 26, 2011
Ryan w wrote:
name calling ? what names are you talking about ? does pumpkin offend you ? if it does , i'm sorry .
As for the betting , you where the one who backed away from me last time and since i said it was just a fun bet , there's not anything at stake . I don't see how or why you'd back away ( especially when you say i can rub it your face ).
But if that's how you leave it , then great . I will be the first one to remind you when Budaj is sitting on the bench all year ( baring a injury to price ).
making excuses already... the old injury clause... run little one run!!!!!!!!!!
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jul 26, 2011
Not running at all . I was just saying that's the only way Budaj will become the starter .No injury clause at all , If price gets hurt and budaj plays all season , you can talk about it all you want and i won't say a thing.
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#11 Jul 26, 2011
Ryan w wrote:
Not running at all . I was just saying that's the only way Budaj will become the starter .No injury clause at all , If price gets hurt and budaj plays all season , you can talk about it all you want and i won't say a thing.
ya sure ,what ever......
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#12 Jul 26, 2011
Your word is just like money in the bank.... A u.s.a. bank..

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#13 Jul 26, 2011
I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM GOING TO SAY THIS BUT, I'M SAYING IT.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND FOR THE LIFE OF ME WHY THEY GOT THIS GOLAIE FROM COLORADO.

FOIR THE PAST 2 YEARS HE HAS BEEN A "GRADE A" GOALIE...THEN HE GOT HURT, AND IT TOOK HIMA WHILE TO GET BACK ON TRACK BUT HE IS FOR THE MOST PART A VERY SOLID GOALIE...SO THE PART I DON'T GET IS THIS...

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE HABS DOING...?... TRYING TO FUCK WIHT PRICE'S MOJO...???...?I DON'T REALY GET IT!

LOOK, EVERYONE KNOWS AND I ADMIT WHAT AN ASSHOLE I HAVE BEEN TO CAREY PRICE...I HAVE TREATED HIS LIKE WORSE THAN SHIT. I HAVE MY OWN REASONS, BUT EVEN I ADMIT THAT DOING THIS IS GONNA HURT PRICE SOMEHOW OR THERE'S AT LEAST A SERIOUS DANGER OF IT.

If i'm Price just knowing that guys is sitting on the bench is going to make me fucking crazy...either I AM #1 or I am not. Either way don't be Complete Fucktards playiong games and just TELL ME which one it is.

Not saying anything to Price and having this guy there is a PROBLEM for me and for ANYONE that wants this team to succeed.

They cannot explian this one away, it;s just a MAJOR FUCKING SCREWUP and either their gambling that Price is goignt o get hurt or traded, or they have lost confoidence in him, cause NO TEAM< EVER DOES THIS... EVER, unless there is a serious problem in the net.

All tis will accomplish, is it will crat anothe problem, even if Price plays FANTASTIC all year, just having a guy of that caliber there sitting on the bench behind Price is a MAJOIR MAJOR LEAGUE MISTAKE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.

BUT AFTER EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED, GETTING RID OF HALAK, AND THEN DOING THIS?

THERE IS NOTHING THAT SPELLS INCOMPETENCE QUITE LIKE THE LETTERS...G*A*I*N*E*Y or even G*A*U*T*H*I*E*R...is there?
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#14 Jul 26, 2011
There is a couple of possibilities here i think.. One is that prices contract is up again at the end of this season,and the habs are putting themselves in a position that they are not held hostage by price and his agent again.. #2 is that they have come to the conclusion that price is not the guy who is going to lead them to the promise land and may be traded if Budaj plays the way i think he will. If budaj plays the way he can,i can see price traded for a big power forward..
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#15 Jul 26, 2011
In saying that , they could also use Budaj for trade bait come trade deadline . If a team is playoff contension and needs a goalie , either one Price or Budaj would be valuable trade bait to get them another big forward .
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#16 Jul 26, 2011
thats true rian,either guy can be used as trade bait,but it will be price for sure if he isnt signed for the following year come trade deadline.. cause they are not going to let him bend them over a barrel like last time..
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#17 Jul 26, 2011
ur right , if they don't get him under a descent contract , he will be the odd guy out for sure .

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#18 Jul 26, 2011
so, the thinking consensus was/is that Gauthier had a Big Power Forward in Mind for the team down the line and Budaj was/is the bait...

quite plauisble if it didn't involve thinking ahead, which is something I always thought Gautheir was/is INCAPABE of doing.

Hopefully, I am wrong.

LOL.
Dev Starr

Cold Lake, Canada

#19 Jul 26, 2011
Yes my price bait is much more plausible,but i had to agree somewhat with lian rian,so he wouldnt go pussey on me again... Price is the bait ,if Budaj can stop two out of three shots..

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#20 Jul 27, 2011
lol
what a crazy season this will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Gorges Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daniel Briere injured after taking a check to t... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Spartacus1962 10
News NHL playoffs: How did Rene Bourque escape after... (May '13) May '13 Spartacus1962 3
News Montreal Canadiens Player Rumored To Be Coming ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Spartacus1962 1
News Canadiens at Hurricanes - The Iron Curtain (Mar '13) Mar '13 Spartacus1962 1
News Monday Morning Warmup - Can we overreact now? (Jan '13) Jan '13 Labatts 4
News NHL: League and union exchange proposals as loc... (Sep '12) Nov '12 John 15
News Gomez sidelined with concussion (Mar '12) Mar '12 Baja 3
More from around the web