Michael Arace commentary: Canadiens t...

Michael Arace commentary: Canadiens turn out the lights on Penguins...

There are 20 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 13, 2010, titled Michael Arace commentary: Canadiens turn out the lights on Penguins.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The manifold storylines of a season, for two teams, became enmeshed in 60 minutes of hockey last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

speechless

Columbus, OH

#1 May 13, 2010
Only the Dispatch would pay for this kind of weak writing.
Just another guy

Columbus, OH

#2 May 13, 2010
Hmmm. Olympic Gold, now the Canadiens on a run?!?! Could this be Canada's hockey year??
Scott

Columbus, OH

#3 May 13, 2010
Well done. Nice article about the Canadians. Maybe there is hope for the CBJ. "Speechless" is probably a Penguin fan. Bitter to the end.

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#4 May 13, 2010
are their a lot of you HABS fans in Ohio?

The Penguins got what they deserved.

Crosby although a Candian, is the biggest POUSSY i have ever seen play this game and the single most hated player in the league.

All this fag does is YAPP at the refs and wallow in his preferential treatment.

Do you think if Crosby was a Blue Jacket his career would be anywhere near where it is?

NOPE.

Put him on Columbus and watch his career fizzle, cause he's 1/4 of the player that Rick Nash is!!!

NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP THE JUGGERNAUGHT THAT IS THE MONTREAL CANADIENS RIGHT NOW...NOTHING !!!
Bleu Blanc et Rouge

Powell, OH

#5 May 13, 2010
Go Habs Go!
Maurino

Columbus, OH

#6 May 13, 2010
Cindy Crybaby Crosby got ushered out!! Now we can watch some real hockey.
Maurino

Columbus, OH

#7 May 13, 2010
At least Portzline did not screw up this hockey news. Time for A. Portzline to step down.
RichardHarkin

Columbus, OH

#8 May 13, 2010
Spartacus1962 wrote:
are their a lot of you HABS fans in Ohio?
The Penguins got what they deserved.
Crosby although a Candian, is the biggest POUSSY i have ever seen play this game and the single most hated player in the league.
All this **** does is YAPP at the refs and wallow in his preferential treatment.
Do you think if Crosby was a Blue Jacket his career would be anywhere near where it is?
NOPE.
Put him on Columbus and watch his career fizzle, cause he's 1/4 of the player that Rick Nash is!!!
NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP THE JUGGERNAUGHT THAT IS THE MONTREAL CANADIENS RIGHT NOW...NOTHING !!!
Thus spake Zarathustra.
too bad

Columbus, OH

#9 May 13, 2010
The Canadians are the kind of team I would like to see the CBJ become. They have a nice mix of skill and role players, but everyone puts forth tremendous effort. Guys like Spacek(sp?) are so valuable. Hejda and him would make a great pairing.
dbi

Columbus, OH

#10 May 13, 2010
I am a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan and although I am disappointed in their loss, The Habs are clearly the better team and I hope they carry this momentum to the Final!! They truly outplayed the Pens.
Sidney might be the most hated player in the league but he and the rest of his team went alot further than some other teams around!!!

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#11 May 13, 2010
too bad wrote:
The Canadians are the kind of team I would like to see the CBJ become. They have a nice mix of skill and role players, but everyone puts forth tremendous effort. Guys like Spacek(sp?) are so valuable. Hejda and him would make a great pairing.
Coincidently, Spacek and Hedja WERE a great pairing, when they played for the 2006 Oilers during their run to the Finals.
Tucker

Columbus, OH

#12 May 13, 2010
Maurino wrote:
At least Portzline did not screw up this hockey news. Time for A. Portzline to step down.
Fully Agreed. Time for Porty to go away!!!
Umberger

Columbus, OH

#13 May 13, 2010
Mike Commodore talking Blue Jackets hockey live on the Jim Rome show Friday afternoon on Fox Sports Radio, if any of you peeps care to tune in.
1230am radio in Columbus
Labbatts

Oshawa, Canada

#14 May 13, 2010
Come on Sparty
I dont think he is the most hated player in the league. Hes a great player and if Montreal had a chance to get him they would.
I am extremely pleased at what has taken place,but dont beat a dead horse. Montreal won, got some lucky bounces, great goaltending.
They are simply moving on to the next round. They havent won the cup yet.
I am glad you have changed your mind on Gainey....remember our differences.
I still think it was time for Gainey to go and I also think this is team is alot like the 92 team that won the cup.
Lets hope for the best

Since: Dec 08

Calgary, Canada

#15 May 13, 2010
Labbatts wrote:
Come on Sparty
I dont think he is the most hated player in the league. Hes a great player and if Montreal had a chance to get him they would.
I am extremely pleased at what has taken place,but dont beat a dead horse. Montreal won, got some lucky bounces, great goaltending.

I still think it was time for Gainey to go and I also think this is team is alot like the 92 team that won the cup.
Lets hope for the best
1993. BTW - one Bee in Labatts. Go Habs.
Dcc

Calgary, Canada

#16 May 13, 2010
Labbatts wrote:
Come on Sparty
Lets hope for the best
sparticuss was drunk when he said that. He is sober now for a little while at least.
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

#17 May 14, 2010
Makes sense Dcc and thanks on the spelling Jack Tupp
GREGG

Tuckerton, NJ

#18 Jul 20, 2010
i am surprised that montreal took the pens out so easily. halak was not that great and the canadians traded him at the end of the season. looks like the penquins are paying for the lack of depth they have and as malkin and crosby's contracts keep getting bigger, the rest of the team will get less talented. that's cap space my friends and once you win the cup, it is all down hill from there. look at chicago, they are in trouble with their cap space and will lose a big part of their cup winning team because of fat contracts to just four or five players. they are done too.
GREGG

Tuckerton, NJ

#19 Jul 20, 2010
Jack Tupp wrote:
<quoted text>
1993. BTW - one Bee in Labatts. Go Habs.
montreal panicked by trading halak. the flyers ate him up but he would have looked good in orange and black. with some better coaching, halak may turn out to be one of the greatest goalies ever. he has lighting quick reflexes and needs to protect the upper part of the net more. the pens big scorers tried to beat him low and weren't smart enough to realize he was vulnerable up high. duh!
GREGG

Tuckerton, NJ

#20 Jul 20, 2010
Labatts wrote:
Makes sense Dcc and thanks on the spelling Jack Tupp
montreal does not have much offense as we saw against the flyers. one or two scorers in the playoffs is a bad omen. montreal overachieved and how they beat washington is still a mystery. i can see how they beat pitts. pits was just not that good. no deptch, only two scorers, weak defense, but washington is a very talented team.

washington is facing cap problems next year so this has to be their year if they want to win the cup

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jaroslav Halak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago Blackhawks Setting Records Now, Where W... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reg 1
@johnjf125: Jaroslav Halak is the best #stlblue... (Jan '13) Jan '13 lena41 1
News Blues fire Davis Payne after 6-7 start, hire Ke... (Nov '11) Nov '11 i_m_watching 2
News Power rankings: Jaroslav Halak leads goalies, l... (Nov '10) Oct '11 guest 18
News Canadiens trade Halak to Blues (Jun '10) Jun '11 Dev Starr 32
News Injuries played role in Blues' disappointing se... (Apr '11) Apr '11 beerhunter 1
News Blue Jackets notebook: Wilson recalled to help ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 whatever 1
More from around the web