NHL draft is blue-line special for Kings

NHL draft is blue-line special for Kings

There are 6 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jun 21, 2008, titled NHL draft is blue-line special for Kings. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Second overall draft pick Drew Doughty puts on his jersey after being drafted by the Los Angeles Kings at the NHL draft in Ottawa on Friday, June 20, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

AC in LB

Lynwood, CA

#2 Jun 21, 2008
Can this be just more hype?? The youth movement,fire the head coach again,trade your veterans .The Kings have been treading water like this for too long.If Leiwako can spend all his money,or the fans money,on the Galaxy ,then long time Kings fans deserve more.Go out and get some proven veterans and keep them until the kids get up to speed.I'm tired of watching that team to the south make all the right moves,while the kings organization spin thier wheels.!!!!!!!!!
Disgusted

San Fernando, CA

#3 Jun 22, 2008
WHAT ABOUT A GOALIE!!!!!! Don't tell us fans that we are in another re-building year. You've had your two-three years of re-building.
Bishop Coach

Bishop, CA

#4 Jun 22, 2008
I lived in Michigan for 21years. I grew up to live and die for the Red Wings. We played on ponds and park rinks day and night all winter long. I also lived in Detriot. All this to say....we grew up knowing, thinking, analyzing, playing, debating and living hockey. Houses had Red Wings banners on the garages and Red Wings flags at the front door. Every corner and virtually every gas station had a Red Wings souvenir booth. The Wings' owners drafted well....developed well....coached well .......and paid well. The hockey team and communities of Michigan had high expectations. They still have those expectations.

Then I moved to Los Angeles. I had season ticketsfor the Kings. I will not forget the first Wings-Kings game I saw at the Inglewood Forum. There were more Red Wings jerseys that day (it seemed) than Kings colors. I watched the Wings players acknowledge the fans, flip pucks to the audience, tap the glass as fans cheered their warm-ups. Several players including the goalie tossed their sticks into the audience as they left the pre-game ice. None of this was happening at the other end of the ice that day.

My point..... it seems that Detroit management and coaches and players know who pays the bills. Yes.... television pays also but its the fans who leave work, face the freeways, buy the jerseys and pay for their seats. What do they get...average....average...mar ginal...excuses....next year's promises.

Why did Los Angeles explode in 1988???? Management figured it out!! Gretsky...one word.....then Kuri and McSorley.....hockey players were brought and treated well. It looked like LA management had been to Detroit. So....what will it take to get enthusiasm back.....drop the ......we are building youth and trading mentality....bring hockey players to LA. I counted ....16 FORMER KINGS....playing in the 2008 Stanley Cup playoffs.......why??? What happened that these players are doing well in places other than LA????

That's enough....I'm trying to be a Kings Fan....and ...yes....I cheered for the Wings in the 2008 Cup chase. Wake up Management!!!
AC in LB

Lynwood, CA

#5 Jun 23, 2008
Must feel great to be a Red Wings fan.Congrats on your Stanley Cup.I too have a friend who is from Detroit but also roots for the Kings.I see I'm not the only Kings fan out there who think he's getting the short end of the stick.Are there any other unhappy Kings fans that would care to voice their opinions?
Sean

Northridge, CA

#7 Jun 26, 2008
hey LA sports fans, check out my blog: http://www.nflfootballonline.com/lasports/ . I wrote an article about Stults. There will be plenty of info and intresting stories adout the Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, and USC Trojans.
Sean

Northridge, CA

#8 Jun 26, 2008
AC in LB wrote:
Must feel great to be a Red Wings fan.Congrats on your Stanley Cup.I too have a friend who is from Detroit but also roots for the Kings.I see I'm not the only Kings fan out there who think he's getting the short end of the stick.Are there any other unhappy Kings fans that would care to voice their opinions?
I AGREE, BUT CAN YOU SAY JOHN TAVARES. http://www.nflfootballonline.com/lasports/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NHL Star Say Parents Spent His Millions (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kevin from michigan 1
News Pardon Urged For Heavyweight Fighter Johnson (Apr '13) Apr '13 Cathy Credeur 1
News NHL Predictions: 10 Teams That Will Compete for... (Jul '11) Jul '11 abadapple 2
News McCain, King resolution calls for pardoning boxer (May '11) May '11 Bird 1
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News PAINTER: Kings causing a buzz around Southland (Nov '10) Nov '10 pete 2
News High expectations greet L.A. Kings for tonight'... (Oct '10) Oct '10 C MAC 2
More from around the web