Crosby eyes return from concussion

Crosby eyes return from concussion

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 11, 2011, titled Crosby eyes return from concussion. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby says he expects to play this season after suffering a concussion, but there are no guarantees he'll be able to make a comeback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Steve

London, Canada

#1 Feb 11, 2011
I'm not here to call Crosby's toughness into question or anything, but it should be noted...

Aaron Rodgers suffered two concussions playing a position prone to getting hit in the head in excess of 30 times a game, in a sport where the objective is to hit people as hard as you can - and HE ended up being the MVP of the Super Bowl.

Just sayin'.
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#2 Feb 12, 2011
Steve wrote:
I'm not here to call Crosby's toughness into question or anything, but it should be noted...
Aaron Rodgers suffered two concussions playing a position prone to getting hit in the head in excess of 30 times a game, in a sport where the objective is to hit people as hard as you can - and HE ended up being the MVP of the Super Bowl.
Just sayin'.
Concussions differ from person to person, and from concussion to concussion. If Rodgers was seeing black dots swarming in front of his face every time he attempted a light workout, you can bet he would never have been cleared to play. I'm surprised at the apparent severity of this concussion, but yeah, you can't really question Crosby's toughness.
Flyers 20011 cup champs

Easton, PA

#3 Feb 23, 2011
I'm a homer,so that means whenever my Philly teams get knocked out I root for the Pittsburg teams.
With that being said you can call Sid the baby's toughness into question,but not for him not coming back from this concussion,just in general.
he's not a tough guy as a matter of fact around the league he's known as both a whiner and "sissy".
Now him not coming back is different because he has no control over his reaction to the post concussion symptoms.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 23, 2011
Flyers 20011 cup champs wrote:
I'm a homer,so that means whenever my Philly teams get knocked out I root for the Pittsburg teams.
With that being said you can call Sid the baby's toughness into question,but not for him not coming back from this concussion,just in general.
he's not a tough guy as a matter of fact around the league he's known as both a whiner and "sissy".
Now him not coming back is different because he has no control over his reaction to the post concussion symptoms.
I am an avid Flyers fan...I like your name here...Go Flyers!!!
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#5 Feb 25, 2011
The Cryers fans jealousy over Crosby is almost embarrassing, as is their glee over an opponent's injury. Your team is playing great hockey right now, but you can't even sit back and enjoy it--all you can do is obsess over Crosby. Embarrassing.
thewhit69

Wheat Ridge, CO

#6 Mar 9, 2011
I agree Trout! The Flyers have always been known as a "dirty" team and are only in first place because Crosby is out. But, Flyers fans have always confused toughness with skill, that's why they fill their roster with a bunch of muggers ... always have. That's also why they will not hoist the cup again until they change that mentality :-)
Pensfan

Beaver Falls, PA

#7 Mar 10, 2011
Crosby haters make me sick. Sid is the best player in NHL today- no one else even comes close. He has not played for 2 months- but is still in top of standings for points & goals. It's a shame that Sid is out with injury as he was having the best goal-scoring season in his career. Everyone that calls him a whiner-remember he was only 18 when drafted into NHL- just a kid then.Plus every goon was trying to knock his head off- watch some old tapes of games & see. How did you or your sons act at 18? Where is it written that all hockey players have to be fighting tough guys? He has matured into a great captain and a hard-working role-model.That's all that matters. He's not being a baby for not returning with concussion symptoms- it's his brain for god's sakes, not his finger or toe! It could end his hockey career & cause permanent brain damage if he has another head injury without healing completely. So quit bashing Sid-you're jealous he is not on your team's roster! Hockey just isn't the same without him and his amazing skill & talent!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8 Mar 10, 2011
Pensfan wrote:
Crosby haters make me sick. Sid is the best player in NHL today- no one else even comes close. He has not played for 2 months- but is still in top of standings for points & goals. It's a shame that Sid is out with injury as he was having the best goal-scoring season in his career. Everyone that calls him a whiner-remember he was only 18 when drafted into NHL- just a kid then.Plus every goon was trying to knock his head off- watch some old tapes of games & see. How did you or your sons act at 18? Where is it written that all hockey players have to be fighting tough guys? He has matured into a great captain and a hard-working role-model.That's all that matters. He's not being a baby for not returning with concussion symptoms- it's his brain for god's sakes, not his finger or toe! It could end his hockey career & cause permanent brain damage if he has another head injury without healing completely. So quit bashing Sid-you're jealous he is not on your team's roster! Hockey just isn't the same without him and his amazing skill & talent!
Sid the Kid, is the only Hockey player EVER to get upset...because another team, celebrated a Hat Trick...he would be upset...if it was his Hat Trick...he acts like a BIG BABY...that's why he's not liked or respected...he needs to GROW UP...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilya Kovalchuk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rusky Business: Is the KHL a threat to the NHL? (Sep '13) Feb '14 Canada Forever 2
News Ilya Kovalchuk Retires from NHL After 11-Year C... (Jul '13) Jul '13 me 1
News Sidney Crosby visits doctor, no word on return (Nov '11) Nov '11 DaBombShell 1
News Stanley Cup Odds in 2012 (Aug '11) Aug '11 carl 3
News NHL: A door could open soon for Hitchcock | The... (May '11) May '11 harvey 1
News NHL: A door could open soon for Hitchcock | Blu... (May '11) May '11 Joe_Schmoe 2
News Aaron Portzline's NHL power rankings | The Colu... (Mar '11) Mar '11 coach112 2
More from around the web