Isles' defense improves after Witt speaks out

Full story: Newsday 11
The Islanders' record over the past four games is only 1-2-1, but their defense has improved dramatically, allowing just nine goals in that stretch, a 2.25 average. Full Story
hot tuna

Southampton, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2008
Goood luck isles
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Dec 29, 2008
"...Gordon explained how the defense has improved in areas he emphasized.." Just when did you "emphasize" these areas Coach, after Witt said something? You need a player to tell you your system isn't working? You didn't notice these problems all along?
Mike

Croton On Hudson, NY

#3 Dec 29, 2008
Should be a good game tonight-
Both teams are struggling and need the win-
champ4

AOL

#4 Dec 29, 2008
lets go islanders the heck with their struggle lolol..we have to worry about our teambut should be a good game we always seem to beat them at the garden right? gosh i hope so.....
Rob

Miami, FL

#5 Dec 29, 2008
skating on sand wrote:
"...Gordon explained how the defense has improved in areas he emphasized.." Just when did you "emphasize" these areas Coach, after Witt said something? You need a player to tell you your system isn't working?9You didn't notice these problems all along?
At least he isn't as clueless as Eric Mangini. Go Isles!
byebyenow

Atlanta, GA

#6 Dec 29, 2008
keep reaching deep logan. you define what a mouthpiece is. fine journalism.
BOB

Croton On Hudson, NY

#7 Dec 29, 2008
My prediction-
The Islanders Beat the Rangers tonight at the Garden-
Rangers fire Renney after the game and hire Ted Nolan on Tuesday-
phishstyx

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Dec 29, 2008
That would be a great move by the Rainjes
champ4

AOL

#9 Dec 29, 2008
why would the rangers fire renney did someone here something i didnt.why should they be any diffrent then us stuck with gorden ... lol why because they are ny ihate to say it and they have a much better org then us lets face it. right? no one thinks of the ny islanders or even buffalo its always the ny rangers...its true.gosh that would kill me if nolan went to the rangers gosh i hope not.... lets go islanders...
Esther

Bronx, NY

#10 Dec 29, 2008
what happened to ricky poo.

he is hurt again.

wow
snowmustgo

Delray Beach, FL

#11 Dec 30, 2008
Draft picks for Doug Weight? Would someone please get Snow to understand that the Isles need to put a hockey team on ice NOW, not in 4 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
More from around the web