Sources: Islanders expected to take Matt Duchene

Full story: Newsday 114
The Islanders will ignore the pleas from the majority of their fan base and bypass center John Tavares in favor of Brampton center Matt Duchene in tonight's NHL Draft, according to sources familiar with the Colorado Avalanche , who hold the No. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
bulldoody

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2009
OK, so how come I don't see anything about this on TSN.ca? You telling me f'in Newsday found out about this but CANADA'S sports network doesn't know?
Andy

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2009
Are you kidding? I don't think I'd want to be in the Coliseum if the Isles take Duchene...there will be huge groans out of 22,000 people, and hopefully no riots. Tavares is the no-brainer here!!!
LIAM

Casselberry, FL

#4 Jun 26, 2009
DO IT GARTH! Give the Douche to all the fans!
LIAM

Casselberry, FL

#5 Jun 26, 2009
Do*che
Avalanche Fan

Aurora, CO

#6 Jun 26, 2009
Thanks, Garth. You rock.
Isles fan in Georgia

Newnan, GA

#7 Jun 26, 2009
I'm SOOOO done with this team. ... But how could you now expect Garth Snow to screw this up.. Thousands of reasons for good thoughts and Snow flushes them down the toilet. Good job you lifetime backup turd
Gregg in Denver

Aurora, CO

#8 Jun 26, 2009
what a surprise, franchise is a joke. Hello Kansas City. Unreal, well, good for Denver if they get Tavares. What happens when you take someone who has no clue abouthockey and runs the team on personal feelings. Backup goalie as GM? So sad because I love hockey and I just can't get myself to root for anybody else but my childhood team, the Isles. Haven't watched much hockey in years because of this joke of a franchise
Isles fan in Georgia

Newnan, GA

#9 Jun 26, 2009
I blame Logan for this garbage for making Snow drink the kool-ade. Logan you're a joke. We want Hahn back.
miket239

Fort Myers, FL

#10 Jun 26, 2009
BWAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAHA HHAAHAH!!! I'm STILL an Islander! Good Bye all the fans who demanded JT! Take care! Welcome Matt Duchene to the NY Islanders!!! And I think Chris Botta may attempt suicide! Somebody better go check on him!!! HAHAHAHAA!!

Lets go Islanders!
duhh

Glen Head, NY

#11 Jun 26, 2009
Duschene is comparable to Trottier in that he scores goals and plays Dfense. Tavares' character has been in question since the start of his junior career.
Busey

Union City, NJ

#12 Jun 26, 2009
If they do want him... then fine.. but why take him at 1??

Trade down to 3 and get more picks...

Then take him at 3...

Guess thats what happens when your GM is a goalie with no experience.
There for all Four

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 26, 2009
I'm a lifetime season ticket holder and if Snow does this, I am gone and I implore all others to do the same.

Goodbye Islanders, Coliseum, Wang's development plans and Wang.
SNOWBLOWS

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Jun 26, 2009
Here is my problem..ok Garth likes Duschene...fine..but why at number 1???? why not just trade down to number 3?? just makes no sense at all...he could trade to 3 and get the same player plus more...the ultimate in stupidity
finished

Bronx, NY

#15 Jun 26, 2009
15 years of this crap - I'm done. I've finally had enough. Goodbye everyone.
Mike

AOL

#16 Jun 26, 2009
if its true, snow should be fired on the spot. im so sick of hearing about 2 way players. we have NOBODY who can put the puck in the net. we need a guy who can score at will. what a joke.
Bevis

West New York, NJ

#17 Jun 26, 2009
Is Charles going to sign him to a life time deal? Wyle E. Snow, genius.
Josey Wales

Roosevelt, NY

#18 Jun 26, 2009
Ok look i'm a Ranger fan who loves the rivalry, and I really hope the lighthouse thing goes through.....this is retarded.

I'm beginning to think both of "our" teams have the same moron owners and management.
Fl_Isles_Fan

Winter Park, FL

#19 Jun 26, 2009
Who wrote this absurd article!! You should be fired!!

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!

TAVARES #1 BABY!!!!
Brian

White Plains, NY

#20 Jun 26, 2009
Oops. Guess not! Get a new source!
There for all Four

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Jun 26, 2009
Writing my check. Why the secrecy Garth? They should have been building on this for weeks.
At least they didn't pay attention to Greg and Newsday. Way to announce that your sources are horrendous. We will remember that when we read your future hockey articles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6

Garth Snow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE