Snow won't discuss DiPietro's health ...

Snow won't discuss DiPietro's health status

There are 30 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Snow won't discuss DiPietro's health status. In it, Newsday reports that:

Islanders general manager Garth Snow declined comment on Mondayon what he termed "speculation'' about whether goaltender Rick DiPietro has undergone a recent surgical procedure, and did not explain why the goalie has been seen on crutches at a physical therapy facility used by the team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
champ4

AOL

#22 Apr 14, 2009
ya know there really is no reason we keep venting like this they will do what they will no matter what....im tellin ya this year really depressd me...it really did everone is in the playoffs from the east that count but us.sick of excuses.im glad there more to my life then this sfucked up franchise im tellin ya this is not a quick fix i said and i repeat the front office def... neds to go.. look garth was never anygood in net what would make you think he would be a good gm i mean stop and think about it.and yes gorden well they went cheap we all new that..you get what ya pay for im sorry.and your right gorden has no balls... he"s a painsey if i ever sawone........i miss nolan and again tort.wanted the job now the stranger rangers got him.i gave up when that deal went threw please..... i knew what the season would be like...look at all the injuries.it just sickens me...
McGarrett

Atlanta, GA

#23 Apr 14, 2009
My pick is Hedman...whether it's at pick number 1 or 2. He has Pronger like size, but is a better skater than CP. I think he is the better choice for the long-term...and on a side-note, Harry Kalas, you will not be forgotten!!! You were the best!
Eddie Shack

AOL

#24 Apr 14, 2009
Sorry, I just looked up Versus' schedule and the lottery will be on at 8:30 PM. Hope I didn't confuse anyone other than myself. Would like Taveres, but wouldn't be upset with Hedman. In either case, we'll have to wait until June 26th to see if Snow pulls another bonehead play.
4therecord

Belmar, NJ

#25 Apr 14, 2009
Islanders do not have russians. Not one on the team! That is a problem. I agree with the mass replies, however Milbury was a mass himself and that is why he took Dipietro lets be honest here. They;re was no reason to take him when you had Luongo! Just pathetic and ridiculous at the same time. By the way Tortorella who interviewed for the job, is also from Mass.
SRAC

Bronx, NY

#26 Apr 14, 2009
I don't care what people say-
I love the Islanders-
I love the Coliseum-
I love the Chicken Dance-
I love Sparky-
I love to hate the Rangers-
chad

New York, NY

#27 Apr 14, 2009
taveras is no slam dunk. do some research. there are many scouts that question how his average skating ability will play at the next level.

there are many guys that put up numbers like him in his league and turn out to be nothing. he's not that big, he's not nasty, questionable hustle at times, average skating ability

this guy may be nothing more than a smaller trent hunter

people are dreaming if you think this guy is the next crosby, malkin, ovechin, or kovalchuk - taveras is not even in their class

snow is a bozo but it would be a no brainer if a team with 2 first rounders offers them thier two #1's, along with a young player, for the isles first overall

the isles would then have three first rounders (they have san jose's 1st, through ottawa also),plus the first pick in the second round, which is basically another first rounder.

in essance 4 first rounders - now thats how you build a team. not with one guy who's got question marks

if snow cant pull something like that off, then you GO WITH HEDMAN. he's the surer thing

they need defensemen - witt is shot, polk blows, sutton blows, martinek is always hurt

the only d worth anything is streit and gervais

ALSO, michael haley from bridgeport better be a part of this team next year. this guy is steve webb with much more talent and fighting ability. he's a 5'11" 200 LB 23 year old heat seeking missle bad a$$ grinder who hits anything in his way and takes on ANYBODY. this guy is the next middleweight champ of the nhl. thats what this team needs more than anything - some BALLS

how pathetic was it when that pig on nj ran neilson and nobody did anything. what a disgrace. haley would have been there in 2 seconds beating down that pig

aaron ashem - he's comin' for you too
Cruicky

Halifax, Canada

#28 Apr 15, 2009
How many Russians did the Islanders have on the team when they won 4 cups straight.....Oh, and how many Canadians....
Jay

Honolulu, HI

#29 Apr 16, 2009
We can all see what you earned (paid) for with your poor grammar and misspelling... a GED!
champ4 wrote:
ya know there really is no reason we keep venting like this they will do what they will no matter what....im tellin ya this year really depressd me...it really did everone is in the playoffs from the east that count but us.sick of excuses.im glad there more to my life then this sfucked up franchise im tellin ya this is not a quick fix i said and i repeat the front office def... neds to go.. look garth was never anygood in net what would make you think he would be a good gm i mean stop and think about it.and yes gorden well they went cheap we all new that..you get what ya pay for im sorry.and your right gorden has no balls... he"s a painsey if i ever sawone........i miss nolan and again tort.wanted the job now the stranger rangers got him.i gave up when that deal went threw please..... i knew what the season would be like...look at all the injuries.it just sickens me...
Mike Hock

Hempstead, NY

#30 Apr 16, 2009
SRAC wrote:
I don't care what people say-
I love the Islanders-
I love the Coliseum-
I love the Chicken Dance-
I love Sparky-
I love to hate the Rangers-
There's no accounting for taste. Not sure why in the world you love the Coliseum. The food sucks, getting around the arena in between periods is a farking joke, bathroom lines are ridiculously long.... and last... and least, they were the worst team in the NHL this year, but hey, they did get the #1 overall pick again.
Otoole

United States

#31 Apr 16, 2009
Back to the topic of this article.....Dipietro's is being put out to pasture...run away you NAG. Dipietro is the Boyle on the ass of the hockey world!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
News Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
News Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
More from around the web