Snow won't discuss DiPietro's health ...

Snow won't discuss DiPietro's health status

There are 30 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Snow won't discuss DiPietro's health status. In it, Newsday reports that:

Islanders general manager Garth Snow declined comment on Mondayon what he termed "speculation'' about whether goaltender Rick DiPietro has undergone a recent surgical procedure, and did not explain why the goalie has been seen on crutches at a physical therapy facility used by the team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Islander

Dover, NJ

#1 Apr 13, 2009
I heard he's got arthritis in both hips
whatever

Hempstead, NY

#3 Apr 13, 2009
i heard he's retarded
transpalnted Islander fan

Greenwood Lake, NY

#4 Apr 14, 2009
I heard he sux as a goalie.
CG in SC

Simpsonville, SC

#5 Apr 14, 2009
Where did my comment go??? I was #2. I guess what I wrote was true after all. Sad day for us Isles diehards who can't even read the truth of whats been going on lately...
bhockey47

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#6 Apr 14, 2009
Everyone is focusing on tonights lottery...will it be Hedman, Tavares, deals, deals, deals...shouldn't we be focusing on a #1 goalie. I'd applaud seeing DP back, but something in my gut is saying this just isn't going to be good. My take: the guy overbuilt himself which really has weakened him.

But more importantly, is keeping the Isles here through the Lighthouse Project. 75% of all Long Islanders want to see the project completed...with 7.5% unemployment rate and rising, the Lighthouse Project will produce thousands of jobs...high tax revenue base for the region...privately funded.

But wait, Kate Murray Hempstead Town Supervisor says NO. NO to jobs, NO to tax revenue,,,NO NO NO. Isn't it time for Long Island to say, GO, GO GO GO, like in goodbye Kate.

Dump Kate Murray Hempstead Town Supervisor
Jake99

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2009
Kate Murray is more concerned about those folks that don't pay taxes and don't work than she is about those of us struggling that actually contribute to the public coffers. In Kate's mind the government, not the private sector, is the engine of growth. Thus, she seeks to hold up anything that relies so heavily on individuals and not the government. In exchange for her approval to do any of this, she seeks to extort the project for all sorts of free-loader type give-aways like additional public housing for those that don't pay taxes. She is exactly why many of us should consider moving to Texas where 70% of all private sector jobs in the US were created last year. Less taxes - less govt - less collectivism.
skating on sand

Henderson, NV

#8 Apr 14, 2009
Jake99 wrote:
Kate Murray is more concerned about those folks that don't pay taxes and don't work than she is about those of us struggling that actually contribute to the public coffers. In Kate's mind the government, not the private sector, is the engine of growth. Thus, she seeks to hold up anything that relies so heavily on individuals and not the government. In exchange for her approval to do any of this, she seeks to extort the project for all sorts of free-loader type give-aways like additional public housing for those that don't pay taxes. She is exactly why many of us should consider moving to Texas where 70% of all private sector jobs in the US were created last year. Less taxes - less govt - less collectivism.
Are Kate Murray and caddylac Barrack Obama related?
skating on sand

Henderson, NV

#9 Apr 14, 2009
DiPietro..."they shoot horses don't they?" Snow must look for a goaltender somewhere in the process. McDonald and Danis have had some good games but they definately are not starting goaltender material. He can't wait until after the draft to make a decision on DiP. He has better odds at the crap tables here in Vegas.Take a goalie with #20 if there are any left.
Just a thought

Andover, MA

#10 Apr 14, 2009
Pay no attention to the injured goalie behind the curtain. Everything is going fine. Is anyone convinced by anything Garth says anymore? I can't recall the last time he told the truth in an interview. Bluffing only works if you play a legit hand once in a while, Garth. Otherwise you're just the boy who cried wolf.
Cruicky

Halifax, Canada

#11 Apr 14, 2009
Snow needs to find a goaltender or 3. The Bridge has 1 and the Islanders have 1, and he is injury prone. The Islanders need to sign at least 3 goaltenders. I am not sure if Joey will resign with the team. Danis will, if offered. The biggest issue witht the Islanders is:

Where are they going to be playing, if the arena deal falls trough, the KC team will be getting a great draft year.
Mike

Bronx, NY

#12 Apr 14, 2009
The Islanders will never amount to anything with Garth Snow running the show- He does not have the respect of any of the players around the league, nor the other GM's and coaches around the league- His loyalty to Mass-Holes, meaning Massachusetts/New England born players and coaches shows that he's not serious about winning- He passed up Stanley Cup winning coaches to bring in Mass-hole Scott Gordon-
Charles Wang....make one more move and beg a real GM to come work for you and please stay out of it and let the GM make all the moves even if it means dumping your boy DP and starting fresh- At 30th in the league the team is starting fresh anyway....atleast get started on the right foot-
Hilbert Hears A Who

AOL

#13 Apr 14, 2009
The Isles don't need a new goalie. Just take DiPietro, wrap him in bubble wrap, encase him in styrofoam, then cover that with the temperpedic foam they use in mattresses, encase all that in a suit of armor and then lastly, ask the Green Lantern to use his power ring to create a green barrier around DiPietro.

That way, Ricky's out for only 35 games instead of 75.
Jay W

Chelmsford, MA

#14 Apr 14, 2009
The Islanders have 2 players on the roster right now from New England.

Its not mass-holes that are the problem. its the canadians on the team
Mike

Bronx, NY

#15 Apr 14, 2009
Jay W wrote:
The two biggest Mass-holes I'm referring to are Snow and Gordon-
Mike

Bronx, NY

#16 Apr 14, 2009
Jay W wrote:
The biggest Mass Hole is DiPietro-
Get rid of all three,DP,Snow and Gordon and get some real hockey people in there with some real balls-
Effigy of the Forgotten

Hempstead, NY

#17 Apr 14, 2009
skating on sand wrote:
DiPietro..."they shoot horses don't they?" Snow must look for a goaltender somewhere in the process. McDonald and Danis have had some good games but they definately are not starting goaltender material. He can't wait until after the draft to make a decision on DiP. He has better odds at the **** tables here in Vegas.Take a goalie with #20 if there are any left.
They had several opportunities to snatch up a goalie in the last year.
Effigy of the Forgotten

Hempstead, NY

#18 Apr 14, 2009
typical of newsgay....

***= sn. atch
Eddie Shack

AOL

#19 Apr 14, 2009
Danni and MacDonald are not legitimate NHL goalies, starting or backup. DP is toast. If he does try to play he will be the old red light Ricky. The Isles must sign a NHL free agent goalie July 1st, and draft the best goalie around in round 2 as backup. Hold your breath tonight with the lottery. Broadcast on Versus at 8:00 PM.
Cruicky

Halifax, Canada

#20 Apr 14, 2009
You really think that the problem with the Islanders is the Canadians on the team......Please, where would I start.
champ4

AOL

#21 Apr 14, 2009
enough with the updates!!!!! good news travels..... fast!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
News Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
News Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
More from around the web