Islanders' Streit finally gets the re...

Islanders' Streit finally gets the recognition

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Islanders' Streit finally gets the recognition. In it, Newsday reports that:

Until the Islanders strengthen their core of young players the next couple of years, their forays into the free-agent market figure to be limited because the top free agents want to join a team with plenty of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

kallur

Andes, NY

#1 Jan 28, 2009
This story is no more than a rewrite. Come on. Logan had a few days off too. How about a rundown of possible free-agent signings next year, instead of this retread.
stay positive

Montvale, NJ

#2 Jan 28, 2009
at least he didnt mention the sign incident
Matty

United States

#3 Jan 28, 2009
kallur wrote:
This story is no more than a rewrite. Come on. Logan had a few days off too. How about a rundown of possible free-agent signings next year, instead of this retread.
Just be happy they're not writing about Rick DiPietro-

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

#4 Jan 28, 2009
kallur wrote:
He can't provide a rundown on possible free agent signings yet nor even speculate because Snow and Wang haven't even decided what they're going to do. That was posted on Chris Botta's website Islanderpointblank.com

Translation...Snow is trying to come up with a way to make a tremedous push to sign Komaserik!! and he wont let the cat out of the bag yet for anyone to report on.
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Jan 28, 2009
The Isles seriously need to consider finding a new orthopedic surgeon. I don't think one who did his residency at Bide-a-wee qaulifies.
DDDDDDDD

Whippany, NJ

#6 Jan 28, 2009
Streit's been a nice surprise and the fact that he wants to stay and help is great. One of the few positives we can take out of this rockslide of a season.
Morris Wanchuk

Greenville, TX

#7 Jan 28, 2009
I think the Phish will eventually have Mike Komaserik and Chris Higgins on the team

North Babylon

#8 Jan 28, 2009
Morris Wanchuk wrote:
I think the Phish will eventually have Mike Komaserik and Chris Higgins on the team
One can only hope!!! I know I've personally reached out to Komaserik about considering the Islanders as we share a few mutual friends in the Islip area which is where Mike's initially from.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#9 Jan 28, 2009
DDDDDDDD wrote:
Streit's been a nice surprise and the fact that he wants to stay and help is great. One of the few positives we can take out of this rockslide of a season.
A rockslide...where?

North Babylon

#10 Jan 28, 2009
Courtesy of TSN.CA:

KITCHENER, Ont.- Superstar John Tavares had four goals and two assists as the London Knights hammered the Kitchener Rangers 9-0 in Ontario Hockey League action Tuesday.

Tavares, the OHL scoring leader with 74 points in 39 games, has 13 goals and seven assists in seven games since joining the Knights form the Oshawa Generals.
Life is a Beech

Bronx, NY

#11 Jan 28, 2009
Lets Go Isles wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't provide a rundown on possible free agent signings yet nor even speculate because Snow and Wang haven't even decided what they're going to do. That was posted on Chris Botta's website Islanderpointblank.com
Translation...Snow is trying to come up with a way to make a tremedous push to sign Komaserik!! and he wont let the cat out of the bag yet for anyone to report on.
Can't Chis Botta get a life & make his stupid column disappear ? C'mon Snoopy Puss move on ! What the real world job market is too tough for an arrogant no talent weasel ?
Rangers Suck

Pequannock, NJ

#12 Jan 28, 2009
streit is under the radar b/c he's on the isles.....he's a real solid player back there.
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Jan 28, 2009
Lets Go Isles wrote:
Courtesy of TSN.CA:
KITCHENER, Ont.- Superstar John Tavares had four goals and two assists as the London Knights hammered the Kitchener Rangers 9-0 in Ontario Hockey League action Tuesday.
Tavares, the OHL scoring leader with 74 points in 39 games, has 13 goals and seven assists in seven games since joining the Knights form the Oshawa Generals.
And in another unrelated story... 36 year old Peter Ferraro has scored 7 goals in 7 games for the Las Vegas Wranglers. His twin brother Chris leads the team with 31pts. Both boys are from Long Island and were drafted by the Rangers. I guess they're not too old to play for the Isles.
Rangers Suck

Pequannock, NJ

#14 Jan 28, 2009
Morris Wanchuk wrote:
I could see Mike-ko possibly being available to come here, but I think Chris is a big part of the team up there.......he wears the 'A' for them ya know. He wouldnt have a problem putting up with the Coliseum's facilities, but I don't think theres a chance the Habs will let him go...I'd love it but I'll believe it when I see it.

Are there any rumors out there floating around about them comin here?
reality

Schenectady, NY

#15 Jan 28, 2009
But if the coliseum doesn't get rebuilt, good core of young players or not, why would any free agent come to play in this dump? They will look at 4 to 5 teams including the Isles and allthough every team may have a good core and decent roster, the Isles will be the only team playing in a dump. So why would a free agent choose the Island over the other teams? I guess people just don't get it.
Rangers Suck

Pequannock, NJ

#16 Jan 28, 2009
reality wrote:
But if the coliseum doesn't get rebuilt, good core of young players or not, why would any free agent come to play in this dump? They will look at 4 to 5 teams including the Isles and allthough every team may have a good core and decent roster, the Isles will be the only team playing in a dump. So why would a free agent choose the Island over the other teams? I guess people just don't get it.
No I'm pretty sure we get it.

Let me ask you this, if the Detroit Red Wings played in the Coliseum right now in the shape it's in, with the team they have this year, and they were searching for a big name FA at the deadline to put on the team for the cup run.....do you think players would say no I'm not coming there b/c your rink is a dump?

Winning cures all my friend.....if the team is winning, FA's wouldn't care if they were playing on a pond somewhere or in a shiny new arena.....nobody wants to come here b/c the team stinks and management is a disaster....would you want to go to a dyfunctional company and work for them?

Guys don't want to come b/c the structure of the organization is a nightmare.....Wang is just using the current state of the Coliseum as a ploy to get a new arena. I guess you just don't get it.
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Jan 28, 2009
Rangers Suck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm pretty sure we get it.
Let me ask you this, if the Detroit Red Wings played in the Coliseum right now in the shape it's in, with the team they have this year, and they were searching for a big name FA at the deadline to put on the team for the cup run.....do you think players would say no I'm not coming there b/c your rink is a dump?
Winning cures all my friend.....if the team is winning, FA's wouldn't care if they were playing on a pond somewhere or in a shiny new arena.....nobody wants to come here b/c the team stinks and management is a disaster....would you want to go to a dyfunctional company and work for them?
Guys don't want to come b/c the structure of the organization is a nightmare.....Wang is just using the current state of the Coliseum as a ploy to get a new arena. I guess you just don't get it.
BRAVO! Well said!
Dumbo Danny

West Milford, NJ

#18 Jan 29, 2009
Streit is the greatest hockey player of all time!
afdfa

West Milford, NJ

#19 Jan 29, 2009
reality wrote:
I agree. If the Islanders were playing in a better arena, they'd like be in first place right now! I'm certain of it. Nevermind that the players stink, they would be in first place. I guarantee it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
News Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
News Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
More from around the web