Tavares pick is just the start for Islanders

Full story: Newsday 15
They did it right. Now can the Islanders do the rest, right? John Tavares was the man all along, the sniper the Islanders needed, the potential 40-goal scorer they haven't had since Ziggy Palffy. Full Story
Alan

Glen Cove, NY

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Abso-freakin-lutely!
Dr No

Savannah, GA

#2 Jun 26, 2009
This Guy is A HOLE.
Snow does something right, and all he
wants to do is remind us of what Mad
Mike did 9 yrs ago. Give me a F
break.
Ace Of Spades

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jun 26, 2009
It will be. We all know Tavares is not the immediate answer. He makes us better, but he is also a vital piece to this rebuilding period. The year pittsburgh drafted crosby and went out to sign palffy, leclair, and thibault they were expected to immediately contend. That didn't happen, and would not make the playoffs until the following year with malkin coming over to the states, and drafting jordan staal, and ryan whitney playing full time on the blueline after his call up in 05-06. With this years draft and another strong draft next summer they will be ready to take the next step to contend heavily for a playoff spot By JT's 2nd or 3rd season. I really have a strong feeling that something special is unfolding before our eyes.
Long Time Isles Fan

Bloomfield, NJ

#4 Jun 26, 2009
Since when is Dany Heatley associated with unfulfilled promise? He's had two 50 goal seasons; two 41 goal seasons and a 39 goal season. Also, let's put the that day in 2000 in perspective. Milbury drafted DiPietro because he needed a goalie after trading Luongo. So it was really Luongo, Jokinen and Heatley or Gaborik for DiPietro, Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha. That deal, along with trading Bertuzzi and McCabe for Linden, and Chara and the pick that was Jason Spezza for Yashin set the Isles back a decade.
Battfist

Trenton, NJ

#5 Jun 26, 2009
I hope you get food poison.
Strong Island Jim

New York, NY

#6 Jun 26, 2009
WOW!Nice piece of journalism there Debbie Downer!!!
Chris

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jun 26, 2009
When the losing resumes?? Nice comment Art. Figures a MSG owned newspaper always has to have a cheap shot.
True Fan

Denver, CO

#8 Jun 26, 2009
what a douche this writer is. 'when the losing resumes'
True Fan

Denver, CO

#9 Jun 26, 2009
thats d o u c h e
Mike

Smithtown, NY

#10 Jun 26, 2009
Here is what I remember about drafting Dipietro: Nobody that knew anything about hockey was happy to get Dipietro at the cost of trading Luongo. This night is totally different.
4therecord

Neptune, NJ

#11 Jun 26, 2009
Your a Fa&&ot! NOBODY WANTED DIPIETRO! The islanders and the entire hockey world new they had the best young goalie prospect in the league in Luongo and everyone was right. People, even young fans were puzzled in taking dipietro. Oli turned out to be an all-star. Healtey is one of the best players in the game. That day was terrible and sat the franchise back 10 years! Its not the same. Get your facts straight.
orngfan

New York, NY

#12 Jun 26, 2009
are you really comparing the DP pick to the tavares pick? the islanders should have NEVER drafted dp. they had just drafted a goalie 3 years before #4 overall, highest ever drafted goalie at the time, and then what did they do? drafted ANOTHER goalie?? come on apples and oranges buddy. ask anyone on long island when DP was drafted and you would have heard a lot of disappointed people.
Kevin Cardone

Islip Terrace, NY

#13 Jun 26, 2009
Give us a break!!We got the clear cut #1 pick!!I think us fans just want direction something we haven't had in along time!!!
IslesLive

Freehold, NJ

#14 Jun 26, 2009
Time for this guy to polish off the resume and send it to Hallmark. Arthur Who?
symbol

Baldwin, NY

#15 Jun 27, 2009
this guy is a dope i hope he dies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6

Garth Snow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE