Report: Isles to move training camp t...

Report: Isles to move training camp to Saskatoon

There are 32 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 16, 2009, titled Report: Isles to move training camp to Saskatoon. In it, Newsday reports that:

According to a Saskatoon newspaper, the StarPhoenix, the Islanders are heading to Saskatchewan -- at least for training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
who-dat

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Jan 17, 2009
Nassau Nell wrote:
Let the story be written: The Town of Hempstead Republicans and Supervisor Kate Murray lost the Islanders and cost the County MILLIONS in lost sales tax money.
Vote her out this year before she causes the team to move!
What a COMPLETE Uneducated MORON.
IslesMetsGiantsf an

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Jan 17, 2009
Francessa Pig wrote:
<quoted text>
It was disgusting hearing FatDog on wfan saying the Isles couldn't move to Queens because they'd be interfering with the rag$. The rag$ received a ton of $ from the expansion Isles in 1972--1977 because the Isles were within the rag$ borders per the NHL. The debt has been paid. However, it's too late to start an arena project in the Willets Point area near something bizarre---public transportation. I take it the Isles will move on in a year or two and the few who continue to care about hockey will watch the Devils.
I don't think it is too late for the Citi Field area. It wouldn't have to be right next to Citi Field. It could e near the tennis center and if there is no more space then stick it near Belmont. Hell for years people have complained they barely have time to get to the games on a weeknight. That is slightly closer to the city and has a LIRR stop. Plus there would be barely any conflict with the horse racing season. As far as conflicts with the Rangers/Knicks, if they were allowing the Nets to move to Brooklyn I doubt Queens is any different. To me it just makes too much sense since both locations have the highways and public transportation already built. I really think that Wang wants all of the other crap and the Coliseum is the smallest of projects.
NYRfan

Wallkill, NY

#27 Jan 17, 2009
Moving wrote:
Manitoba was in eastern Canada. Saskatoon is in midwest Canada, closer to KC.
Manitoba is next to Saskatchawan.
NYRfan

Wallkill, NY

#28 Jan 17, 2009
Read and Weep fishsticks...

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/index.html

No more Dubie chants!!!!!
Doug

Lawrence, NY

#29 Jan 17, 2009
It's great when a man mismanages a team by hiring Milbury and Snow to destroy an organization. Then he asks for a new arena which gets approved, but Wang realizes he still can't make money on hockey even with a new arena, because he will still have the backup goalie running to show. So he demands a shopping mall, nightlife center, lighthouse, and housing.
Hopefully he can make money on one of those ventures.

But knowing Wang, he hire more idiots and all his businesses will go under.

It's hilarious how many people he has fooled. The new arena is approved. Why does he need all the other baloney?

If a pizza owner can't moake money selling pizza, should LI give him a shopping mall, nightlife center, and housing as well?

Ridiculous.
Chris M

Maspeth, NY

#30 Jan 17, 2009
Yet another destination for Wang to move the team.
Stewie

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Jan 17, 2009
This brings a tear to my glass eye..
Mayor Anderson circa 1977
felon

Valley Stream, NY

#32 Jan 17, 2009
lolp wrote:
Is Kate Murray a hockey mom or has she never seen Long Island on the Islanders' jerseys?
Maybe if Ms. Murray stopped putting all her relatives on the payroll, there would be a little more money to spend on a new arena... fat chance, no pun intended.
Supa Coach Gordo

Bronx, NY

#33 Jan 17, 2009
Hey fans. We only lost by one goal the other night against a good team. So, I consider that a HUGE success. You know if the puck bounced differently once or twice, we might have only lost in overtime. I should be coach of the year!
Ralph Kramden

Stratford, CT

#34 Jan 17, 2009
Go Islanders!! And take the Knicks with you.
Ambassador J

Bronx, NY

#35 Jan 17, 2009
Who is in the nets tonight, Gump Worsley?
Yeah well

New Rochelle, NY

#36 Jan 18, 2009
NYRfan wrote:
Read and Weep fishsticks...
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/index.html
No more Dubie chants!!!!!
Once a Physhstyk, always in the tartar sauce...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
News Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
News Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
More from around the web