Report: Isles to move training camp to Saskatoon

Full story: Newsday

According to a Saskatoon newspaper, the StarPhoenix, the Islanders are heading to Saskatchewan -- at least for training camp.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LIAM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Moving their training camp will be good practice.
aaa

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Judged:

Who cares? What's next, will they report that Andy Hilbert has decided to use a different brand hockey stick?
Dan

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Judged:

One foot out the door.
Former Isle Fan

Holtsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Judged:

Since Plum Island is shutting down, they can move their training camp and play with themselves. No one cares. They are a biological mess of a team.
Transplanted Islander fan

Greenwood Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

how can a man be so smart become a billionaire and not have competent HOCKEY people run this franchise???????? It is an absolutely crying shame what has become of this organization!!!!!!!wish this season was over and done with.
Moving

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Manitoba was in eastern Canada. Saskatoon is in midwest Canada, closer to KC.
going going GONE

Hampton Bays, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Lets get going on building a new arena
OH WAIT we need an environmental study First
ITS AN URBAN AREA
build the arena already
enough

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Another loss for long island. Timr for a tax increase for the loss.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Moving wrote:
Manitoba was in eastern Canada. Saskatoon is in midwest Canada, closer to KC.
You mean Moncton, not Manitoba.
Yeah well

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

See ya. Buh-bye.

Saskatoon/KC Physhstyx
Nassau Nell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Let the story be written: The Town of Hempstead Republicans and Supervisor Kate Murray lost the Islanders and cost the County MILLIONS in lost sales tax money.
Vote her out this year before she causes the team to move!
Jay

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

this is a great idea.
bababooooey

Monroe, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Hockey belongs in Canada.
SoundTiger Islander in CT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

did the braintrust ever consider CT? Makes too much sense to have training camp closer to home so that the LI'ers can make it and help build the Sound Tiger fan base. Why does this franchise, and I infortunately use that term loosely, always do things the hard way?
Moving

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Jay - You must be the owner of Sprint Center's AEG from LA incognito. When I move to KC in a couple of months, can I get some free season tickets for my kids after the Islanders move there, too?

The Sprint Center looks really nice for ice hockey. Here is a link to a picture of the ice:

http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/im...

I hear the barbecue is great there. Thanks.
Jay

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Moving wrote:
Jay - You must be the owner of Sprint Center's AEG from LA incognito. When I move to KC in a couple of months, can I get some free season tickets for my kids after the Islanders move there, too?
The Sprint Center looks really nice for ice hockey. Here is a link to a picture of the ice:
http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/im...
I hear the barbecue is great there. Thanks.
Yes, excellent barbecue. great looking arena too. the kc warriors. red and yellow like the chiefs.
Moving from LI to KC

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, excellent barbecue. great looking arena too. the kc warriors. red and yellow like the chiefs.
I like it. Stand out uniform colors and coordinated with the Chiefs.

In a couple of years sports will be solid in KC - the Chiefs with a new coach from New York and a great stadium, and hockey with a team from New York and a great arena.

Too bad the Knicks didn't play in Nassau Coliseum. They could've been moved, too. I watched the Knicks play Oklahoma City and the midwest crowd there was tremendously enthusiastic and loud, despite the poor performing home team. With that type of midwest crowd support and enthusiasm potentially in KC and a great new arena, the NHL will no longer have a team with a negative "once were great" atmosphere that surrounds them in the old concrete Coliseum that few fans enjoy being part of now.
IslesMetsGiantsf an

Roslyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

I am tired of hearing about the Lighthouse. Why not put a NEW arena up and try to broker a deal with the Nets. That Brooklyn thing aint happening either. Wang was looking to buy an NBA team a few years ago anyway. Put the team(s) in Queens near Citi Field or by Belmont. Tons of space, public transportation to both. It just makes too much sense. Instead we will have neither the Lighthouse or the Islanders and in a decade will look back and say what a mistake that was.
Francessa Pig

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

IslesMetsGiantsfan wrote:
I am tired of hearing about the Lighthouse. Why not put a NEW arena up and try to broker a deal with the Nets. That Brooklyn thing aint happening either. Wang was looking to buy an NBA team a few years ago anyway. Put the team(s) in Queens near Citi Field or by Belmont. Tons of space, public transportation to both. It just makes too much sense. Instead we will have neither the Lighthouse or the Islanders and in a decade will look back and say what a mistake that was.
It was disgusting hearing FatDog on wfan saying the Isles couldn't move to Queens because they'd be interfering with the rag$. The rag$ received a ton of $ from the expansion Isles in 1972--1977 because the Isles were within the rag$ borders per the NHL. The debt has been paid. However, it's too late to start an arena project in the Willets Point area near something bizarre---public transportation. I take it the Isles will move on in a year or two and the few who continue to care about hockey will watch the Devils.
lolp

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2009

Judged:

Is Kate Murray a hockey mom or has she never seen Long Island on the Islanders' jerseys?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garth Snow Discussions

Search the Garth Snow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••