Isles win the lottery, earn No. 1 pic...

Isles win the lottery, earn No. 1 pick in draft

There are 164 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 14, 2009, titled Isles win the lottery, earn No. 1 pick in draft. In it, Newsday reports that:

The reward for all the suffering the Islanders endured in their miserable 2008-09 last-place season is the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Rob

Pittsburgh, PA

#184 Apr 19, 2009
roger43 wrote:
rob, you correct someone's english but you wriet a sentence like the one above. intellectual elite? i think not
That was just a typo you moron. I meant to delete the word "thing".

Pointed questions? Do you mean like asking me if that was a sentence? I made the silly assumption that we all knew that was an error. I guess you really got me on that one.

As for Ronkonkoma, I was not making a random comment. Your reading comprehension is obviously not very good but I had mentioned that I drove through there less than 2 months ago and was shocked to see how run down everything seemed. It was sad.(I also did not insult LI in its entirety as the other guy had suggested.)

I suppose I didn't answer you question about Star Trek conventions either. Never been to one. Are you happy now?

Do you truly believe that you are proving something? You might note that I have actually not said anything to insist that I am intellectual elite, classy, or rich. I have merely pointed out that your chosen devices to "prove" otherwise are faulty. I don't really care what you think of my intelligence nor do I believe that you are qualified to assess it. Try to claim that you can based on things written during some stupid flame war is truly asinine anyway.

Beyond that you're right... I should just go back to talking hockey. Trying to use logic with either one of you is akin to banging my head against the wall. But I will definitely continue to laugh whenever some Ranger fan tries to claim that Isles fans are obsessed amid stupid commentary from the likes of you two.
Nassau Nell

Albany, NY

#185 Apr 20, 2009
Professional sports is the opiate of the masses.

You may live and die day to day with them, but they don't care if your in forclosure or can't pay your bills.

Focus on what is real: your family, your religion, your health.

Since: Dec 08

Suffern, NY

#186 Apr 20, 2009
Nassau Nell wrote:
Professional sports is the opiate of the masses.
You may live and die day to day with them, but they don't care if your in forclosure or can't pay your bills.
Focus on what is real: your family, your religion, your health.
I disagree.Pro sports is lesser of an evil than anything that comes from Hollywood whether it's weekly tv shows,reality tv ,music television or motion pictures.That is what you should call the opiate of the masses.Sports is a healthy release for the fan to enjoy and causes less negativity than watching our media try and fill us with biased lies.
LIAM

Deland, FL

#187 Apr 20, 2009
chitstirrer wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.Pro sports is lesser of an evil than anything that comes from Hollywood whether it's weekly tv shows,reality tv ,music television or motion pictures.That is what you should call the opiate of the masses.Sports is a healthy release for the fan to enjoy and causes less negativity than watching our media try and fill us with biased lies.
BINGO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
News Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
News Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
More from around the web