Islanders sign Biron as another backu...

Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 22, 2009, titled Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP. In it, Newsday reports that:

The honeymoon isn't over for Islanders goaltender Rick DiPietro . In fact, he's enjoying his wedding trip now after getting married last Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Colin

Athens, TX

#1 Jul 22, 2009
Great deal.Make DP sit until the allstar break.Now we really don't need to rush him.Way to go Garth.
Dan

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2009
Colin wrote:
Great deal.Make DP sit until the allstar break.Now we really don't need to rush him.Way to go Garth.
Absolutely agreed. Let DP take his time and not rush anything, it will pay off in the long run. If and when he makes his comeback in the second half of the season, we have Biron absolutely dirt cheap at 1.4mil for 1 year. He will be easy to move at the deadline to some team gearing up for a playoff push that will probably overpay for him, hopefully in the form of a high pick and/or a solid prospect. Garth is positioning us for one hell of a rebuild.

“Hoping LI moves past the 70's”

Since: Feb 08

Long Island

#4 Jul 23, 2009
I concur. Even if Rick was ready to start the opener Ive said numerous times that I think he should play less than 30 or so games in total this season. I hope the Isles play Rollie and Biron, give Rick a game only sporadically, then if Rick is up for it he can play later in the season and Marty might go to a team thats looking for an inexpensive goalie after an injury or struggle. Im sure that Biron would much rather that than to go to Europe or Russia- or not play at all- until later in the season or perhaps around the trade deadline.
Ricky Red Light

West Hempstead, NY

#5 Jul 24, 2009
Stoooopid Gaborik is to blame.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#6 Jul 24, 2009
Why should DP ever play again ? He got the contract, just take it easy.

“Hoping LI moves past the 70's”

Since: Feb 08

Long Island

#7 Jul 24, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
Why should DP ever play again ? He got the contract, just take it easy.
You arent talking about Rick DiPietro, youre projecting some other (perhaps your own?) lazy mentality onto him based on absolutely nothing.
The problem with Rick has been the exact opposite of what youre saying- the complete and exact opposite. Rick NEEDS to take it easy for a change and ease back into playing again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
News Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
News Islanders add goalie Biron; where's DP? (Jul '09) Jul '09 Busey 17
More from around the web