Islanders' Tavares scores in first game

Islanders' Tavares scores in first game

There are 95 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 8, 2009, titled Islanders' Tavares scores in first game. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Islanders are winning the public relations game, judging by the overjoyed fan reaction to their selection of goal-scoring machine John Tavares as the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ISLES

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#1 Jul 8, 2009
Tavares shoots and scores!
Alexei Yashin

AOL

#2 Jul 8, 2009
I score goals.
LIAM

Casselberry, FL

#3 Jul 8, 2009
ISLES wrote:
Tavares shoots and scores!
and the KC crowd goes wild!!!
whatever

Yonkers, NY

#4 Jul 8, 2009
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
AND THEN THE RANGER FAN DROPS TO HIS KNEES AND BLOWS
Reggie Jackson

Shanghai, China

#5 Jul 8, 2009
i was Mr. October. i hope he becomes Mr. June. Go Johnny!
Mike

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 9, 2009
Is he a felon like the other kid the Isles drafted?

Its hysterical to watch the Isles use this kid to sell tickets. They have the least supportive fan base in hockey, so who can blame them? Then they say don't expect too much too fast. Why not? When promoting him like Crosby, well, then be Crosby. 100 points rookie season, please!
red white and blue

New York, NY

#7 Jul 9, 2009
Mike wrote:
Its hysterical to watch the Isles use this kid to sell tickets. They have the least supportive fan base in hockey, so who can blame them? Then they say don't expect too much too fast. Why not? When promoting him like Crosby, well, then be Crosby. 100 points rookie season, please!
Yes, and the Rangers add Bradshear an aging enforcer (I guess his 6 minutes of ice-time should add alot), but also he put Betts out of your organization...a real classy Sather move...good luck with Drury and you Million Dollar Man Redden to carry your team! Gaborik please has been on-and-off that injury list as many times as Messier has been emotional (boo-hoo)!!!!!!!!!
Tom Renneys Glasses

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jul 9, 2009
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
..and the Garden crowd suffers through another year without the Stanley Cup. One Cup in 71 years is on its way.
Harry Howell

Atlanta, GA

#10 Jul 9, 2009
Mike wrote:
WAH! WAH! Ranger fan one Cup in 70 years. A roster with Wade Redden and Chris Drury as your Captain no wonder your envious. The Isles are improving the Rangers are regressing again. Enjoy!
Eastonhockey22

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jul 9, 2009
Last place for a few years till Wang sells
Battfist

Trenton, NJ

#14 Jul 9, 2009
Mike wrote:
*Warning to reader*
After reading the comment above you might lose any sense of logic.

#91 looking forward to seeing you play!

FCT

“voice.blogspot.c om”

Since: Jul 07

Massapequa, NY

#15 Jul 9, 2009
Mike wrote:
Least supportive fan base in hockey?

WRONG!!
The fans have not had anything to come out and see the last 15 years. The fact that there is still a franchise here after all the fans have been through shows you the fans are still there waiting for anythign to cheer for.

Enough of the Ranjiz fans air of superiority over anything and everything like they have done anything but raise cable rates and spend money like some drunken housewife with her daddy's credit card.

The Rangers organization is a joke. They have it all, corporate ticket sales up the ass smack dab in the middle of the biggest city in the world and a deluded fan base that only cares about bashing other teams instead of worrying about your own backyard and what do they have to show for it?

Overpaying for every over rated, injury riddled slug that comes along in the hope that you can repeat he one miracle season of 1994 thats never ever going to happen.

Keep worrying about what the Islanders are doing though. That will get you far because soon.. the Islanders will be a force, an NHL power built with youth and a team first mentality, not a group of overpriced, over-hyped injury riddled over rated fat cats stuffed into Ranger jerseys for no other reason than they will pay more for players to come to Manhattan.

Have a great day.
Lou82

Jersey City, NJ

#16 Jul 9, 2009
Customize your John Tavares jersey at my islanders team store

www.nyislandersshop.com
Feces For Jesus

Forest Hills, NY

#17 Jul 9, 2009
FCT wrote:
<quoted text>Overpaying for every over rated, injury riddled slug that comes along ......
We're not the ones who signed injury-prone Dipietro to a 15 year contract.

I'll make you a bet that Roloson ends up being your #1 goalie, a 40yr old.
Chico Resch

United States

#18 Jul 9, 2009
I wish someone gave me a 15 year contract. I was good at starting pregame warmup brawls.
Rob

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Jul 9, 2009
FCT wrote:
<quoted text>
Least supportive fan base in hockey?
WRONG!!
The fans have not had anything to come out and see the last 15 years. The fact that there is still a franchise here after all the fans have been through shows you the fans are still there waiting for anythign to cheer for.
Enough of the Ranjiz fans air of superiority over anything and everything like they have done anything but raise cable rates and spend money like some drunken housewife with her daddy's credit card.
The Rangers organization is a joke. They have it all, corporate ticket sales up the **** smack dab in the middle of the biggest city in the world and a deluded fan base that only cares about bashing other teams instead of worrying about your own backyard and what do they have to show for it?
Overpaying for every over rated, injury riddled slug that comes along in the hope that you can repeat he one miracle season of 1994 thats never ever going to happen.
Keep worrying about what the Islanders are doing though. That will get you far because soon.. the Islanders will be a force, an NHL power built with youth and a team first mentality, not a group of overpriced, over-hyped injury riddled over rated fat cats stuffed into Ranger jerseys for no other reason than they will pay more for players to come to Manhattan.
Have a great day.
I'll never understand what these Ranger fans are bragging about. their sorry ass team can barely beat us the last 2 seasons, wait until Tavares and the rest of the young guys mature and get better.
BBB13

Raleigh, NC

#20 Jul 9, 2009
Mike wrote:
Somebody's jealous
Rob

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Jul 9, 2009
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Rangers should move to KC. they have a baseball team that wins 1 championship every century or so. just like the Rangers. perfect fit!
I Will tell

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Jul 9, 2009
you why...you guys can win another 4 cups in a row and the Rangers none and the Rangers fan base will always be 100 times stronger and loyal... I hope that clears things up you...Peace
Rob wrote:
<quoted text> I'll never understand what these Ranger fans are bragging about. their sorry **** team can barely beat us the last 2 seasons, wait until Tavares and the rest of the young guys mature and get better.
Ray

Farmingdale, NY

#23 Jul 9, 2009
Jealous of the Islanders? I agree. I mean, look at all those playoff series they have won the last 15 years, LOL. The Isles a team of the future? Well, THN and Hockey Futures takes issue with that, considering they both ranked the Isles prospects amongst the worse in hockey. Can Tavares fix that? I doubt it. The Rangers have better future and a better present than the Isles. With the McDonough trade, teh rangers have 5 of top 50 prospects in hockey according to THN's Future Watch. The Isles have diddly. Tavares? We'll see. Can't skate, can't play defense, exceptional around the net. I'll take my chances with the kid the Rangers drafted going to BC who is was rated the fastest player in the draft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garth Snow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DiPietro undergoes hip surgery (May '07) Dec '11 Jason 13
News Isles agree to 5-year deal with Calder finalist... (May '11) May '11 designerbag 1
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 usmcsniper1 5
News Lemieux bashes NHL for brawl aftermath (Feb '11) Feb '11 Marissa 2 2
News College hockey seeks pain relief (Nov '10) Nov '10 RHE 1
News Islanders show Leafs how it's done (Nov '09) Nov '09 Stevo4 1
News Islanders sign Biron as another backup to DP (Jul '09) Jul '09 TheMetalChick 6
More from around the web