Crosby wants to play again

Feb 10, 2011 Full story: KMOV-TV Saint Louis 12

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby says he expects to play this season after suffering a concussion, but there are no guarantees he'll be able to make a comeback.

Full Story

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 10, 2011
Crosby, may want to play...but what does his doctor say??? anyway...Go Flyers!!!
tsd1967

Rio Rancho, NM

#2 Mar 28, 2011
Crosby is a joke. It is time to trade him for someone who wants to play. He is using a mild concussion to take a highly-paid vacation. We need players who want to play...not hide behind doctors!
USHL29

Blacksburg, VA

#3 Mar 30, 2011
tsd1967 wrote:
Crosby is a joke. It is time to trade him for someone who wants to play. He is using a mild concussion to take a highly-paid vacation. We need players who want to play...not hide behind doctors!
You have to be kidding me. You obviously know absolutely nothing about his injury. Until about 3 weeks ago he was not legal to operate a motorized vehicle. For not being able to walk straight 3 months ago, I think its pretty amazing he wants to play now. Look at Lindros and his injury times compared to Crosby's. Besides it would be smart for the Penguins not allow him to play until playoffs considering they basically clinched playoffs already and it would just provide an opportunity for his head to get injured again. He might be a little bit of a cry baby but Crosby has more love for the game than 99% of the NHL. G

Location hidden

#4 Mar 30, 2011
USHL29 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be kidding me. You obviously know absolutely nothing about his injury. Until about 3 weeks ago he was not legal to operate a motorized vehicle. For not being able to walk straight 3 months ago, I think its pretty amazing he wants to play now. Look at Lindros and his injury times compared to Crosby's. Besides it would be smart for the Penguins not allow him to play until playoffs considering they basically clinched playoffs already and it would just provide an opportunity for his head to get injured again. He might be a little bit of a cry baby but Crosby has more love for the game than 99% of the NHL. G
Crosby has a love for himself...he is a cry baby...let's set the record straight...
Nrtenney

Youngstown, OH

#5 Apr 17, 2011
People who hate the pens always have somethings negative to say about it's players. Crosby loves the game 110% and nobody can dispute that. He went through the playoffs and won a stanley cup with an injury that he kept under wraps for weeks because he wanted to play. And play he did, thus leading the pens to a cup. So keep calling him a selfish crybaby, but wtf have you done lately?

Location hidden

#6 Apr 17, 2011
Nrtenney wrote:
People who hate the pens always have somethings negative to say about it's players. Crosby loves the game 110% and nobody can dispute that. He went through the playoffs and won a stanley cup with an injury that he kept under wraps for weeks because he wanted to play. And play he did, thus leading the pens to a cup. So keep calling him a selfish crybaby, but wtf have you done lately?
I raised a child with Special Needs...who could be a cry baby...but he isn't...yes, Crosby is a cry baby...no I'm not jealous...I call it as I see it...
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#7 Apr 19, 2011
Nrtenney wrote:
Don't bother with "Marisa 2." She's a hate-filled little troll who spends half her life on here complaining about Crosby, even though she would fall on the ground writhing in involuntary orgasm if the Cryers somehow managed to land him.

I can't speak for Marisa 1, though. What is it about sequels that makes them so pathetic?
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#8 Apr 19, 2011
tsd1967 wrote:
If you don't want him on the Coyotes, or whatever desert hockey team you follow, that's absolutely fine with us. I don't think you have much of a future as a GM, though.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 19, 2011
The Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother with "Marisa 2." She's a hate-filled little troll who spends half her life on here complaining about Crosby, even though she would fall on the ground writhing in involuntary orgasm if the Cryers somehow managed to land him.
I can't speak for Marisa 1, though. What is it about sequels that makes them so pathetic?
Trout...I'm not hate filled at all...I LOVE the Sport of Hockey...but I call it as I see it...Crosby is a CRYBABY...it is what it is...now, jump back into your water, where you belong...lol
abadapple

Vancouver, Canada

#10 Apr 21, 2011
CONCUSSIONS ARE LIKE A BRAIN INJURY IT EFFECTS YOUR BALANCE AND MOBILITY IT TOOK ME 2 YRS TO RECOVER FROM A CON CUSSION DON CHERRY WOULD CUT YOUR TOUNGE OFF 66 SAID IT BEST WE HAVE TO MANY JACK OFFS PLAYING THE GAME. LOOK AT LAFONTAINE FOR EXAMPLE CROSBY IS YOUNG HE HAS TIME FOR MORE PLAYOFFS CANT YOU SEE IT IN HIS EYES HE WANTS TO PLAY.I RESPECT CROSBY LIKE ORR THERES ANOTHER EXAMPLE JACK OFF
SquirrelFisher
#13 Apr 25, 2011
tsd1967 wrote:
Wait... so the guy who was leading the league in scoring before this "doesn't want to play?". You clearly don't understand much about concussions... just ask Penguin assistant coach Tony Granato. Back when he was a player he had a headache after a "mild concussion", went to take some tylenol one night. Nearby was a photo of his teammates and he was shocked to realize he couldn't recognize any of the faces... even though he "knew" who the photo was suppose to be of. Two weeks later, he underwent brain surgery to fix a blood clot in his brain.

Here is the article
http://frozenroyalty.net/2011/03/09/la-kings-...
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#14 May 3, 2011
SquirrelFisher wrote:
<quoted text>Wait... so the guy who was leading the league in scoring before this "doesn't want to play?". You clearly don't understand much about concussions... just ask Penguin assistant coach Tony Granato. Back when he was a player he had a headache after a "mild concussion", went to take some tylenol one night. Nearby was a photo of his teammates and he was shocked to realize he couldn't recognize any of the faces... even though he "knew" who the photo was suppose to be of. Two weeks later, he underwent brain surgery to fix a blood clot in his brain.
Here is the article
http://frozenroyalty.net/2011/03/09/la-kings-...
Good post. It's not like an ACL tear--every concussion is vastly different. There are so many different parts of the brain that can be affected, and so many angles to get hit from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evgeni Malkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malkin in the Middle (Nov '13) Nov '13 Pudd 1
James Neal has a concussion (Apr '13) Apr '13 hatty 5
NHL: Penguins' 15-game winning streak snapped b... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Marissa 2 3
NHL Free Agency: With September 15th in His Sig... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Comnsnse 1
Flyers G Bryzgalov named top NHL player for March (Apr '12) Apr '12 dman 6
Pens hope to get back in win column versus Jets (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
Penguins offer Jagr one-year contract worth $2 ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 abadapple 1

Evgeni Malkin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE